Short Essay Questions Key
1. What are the similarities that Plutarch found between Sertorius and Eumenes?
2. What kind of commander did Plutarch consider Sertorius to be, and where did he fight and defeat Pompey?
3. How did Plutarch claim Eumenes caught the attention of Philip?
4. What did Plutarch identify as the difference between Eumenes and Sertorius in their approach to war?
5. How did Plutarch explain Lysander's misinterpretation of the prophesy regarding the successor to Agis?
6. How did Plutarch detail Caesar's plan to become Consul of Rome by helping Pompey?
7. What did Plutarch determine to be the difference in how Agesilaus and Pompey came to power?
8. Why did Plutarch consider Agesilaus a better general than Pompey?
9. What did Plutarch identify as the myth regarding Alexander's lineage that Plutarch suggested his mother, Olympus, might have spread?
10. How does Plutarch describe Alexander impressing his father by taming a horse?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)