|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cato the Younger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Plutarch report Caesar lost his position as Dictator?
(a) He was challenged to war by Ptolemy, which Caesar lost.
(b) The Roman Senate voted to exile Caesar for his many wars.
(c) An insurrection by soldiers stationed in Germany.
(d) He was assassinated by a conspiracy led by Cassius and Marcus Brutus.
2. In what sort of family does Plutarch claim Sertorius was raised?
(a) A noble family.
(b) A poor laboring family.
(c) A ruling class family.
(d) A military family.
3. What five qualities does Plutarch claim that Sertorius possessed in greater qualities than the other generals to whom Plutarch compared him?
(a) Bravery, wisdom, frugality, humility, and foresightedness.
(b) Ferocity, integrity, honesty, nobility, and courage.
(c) Contentment, faithfulness, mercy, prudence and judgment.
(d) Nobility, mercy honesty, faithfulness, and humility.
4. What preceded Caesar's election by the Senate to Dictator, according to Plutarch?
(a) Cassius choosing to join Caesar's army.
(b) His defeat over Pompey in a civil war.
(c) Brutus' pledge of support to Caesar.
(d) A crowd stirring speech by Antony.
5. How did Alexander show favor to Eumenes, according to Plutarch?
(a) By arranging Eumenes' marriage to the sister of his wife.
(b) By making Eumenes his spear carrier.
(c) By allowing Eumenes to train the royal horses.
(d) By employing Eumenes in the palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What came of Rome after Crassus died, according to Plutarch?
2. Who does Plutarch report took in Cato and his siblings after they were orphaned, and for what was this person known?
3. Who does Plutarch report commissioned Caesar to travel to Spain?
4. Who were they, and what were the nationalities of Alexander's parents, according to Plutarch?
5. Who was the Persian King that Plutarch reported Alexander defeated on his expedition to India?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)