|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his return from Spain, with whom does Plutarch claim Caesar took power over Rome in the Triumvirate?
(a) Brutus and Cassius.
(b) Antony and Octavius.
(c) Sylla and Nero.
(d) Crassus and Pompey.
2. Who does Plutarch report to be the master of Rome before Caesar came to power?
3. What subject does Plutarch report Sertorius mastered as a youth?
4. There were 12 Roman Caesar's. Which one is Plutarch chronicling?
(a) Octavious Caesar.
(b) Caesar Augustus.
(c) Tiberius Caesar.
(d) The first Caesar, Gaius Julius Caesar.
5. How did Agesilaus take the throne from his brother, Agis, according to Plutarch?
(a) Agesilaus hired conspirators to murder Agis.
(b) Agesilaus defeated Agis in a duel.
(c) Lysander, a popular general, applied a misinterpretation of a prophesy against the rumored illegitimate son of Agis.
(d) Agesilaus poisoned Agis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Plutarch compare Sertorius and Eumenes in their views of war?
2. How did the separation of Alexander from Philip affect his reign over Philip's empire, according to Plutarch?
3. How was Pompey acquitted of embezzlement that Plutarch reported was accused against his father after he died?
4. In what sort of family does Plutarch claim Sertorius was raised?
5. Why did Plutarch consider Agesilaus a better general than Pompey?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)