|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dion, Marcus Brutus and The Comparison of Dion and Brutus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dion drove Donysius II from Syracuse, what does Plutarch claim came of his attempt to form a government?
(a) He was chased from the city by supporters of Dionysius II.
(b) He could not get leaders of factions to agree.
(c) He proved to be unable to implement his plans.
(d) A popular faction opposed his plans.
2. How did Plutarch explain the difference between Tiberius and Caius when they delivered speeches?
(a) Tiberius was confrontational; Caius was diplomatic.
(b) Tiberius was gentle and composed, and Caius was earnest and vehement.
(c) Tiberius was rehearsed and serious; Caius was sarcastic and whimisical.
(d) Tiberius was verbose and theatrical; Caius was slow and methodical.
3. According to Plutarch, how did Caesar begin his rise to power over Rome?
(a) By using his military victories to gain political support from the population.
(b) By forming political alliances in the Senate.
(c) By using his new learned rhetorical skills to bring charges of corruption against high-ranking officials in Sylla's administration.
(d) By bringing wealth back to Rome after military victories and sharing it among the plebes.
4. Who does Plutarch report to be the master of Rome before Caesar came to power?
5. Who does Plutarch report to be the father of Tiberius and Caius Gracchus?
(b) Caius Gracchus I.
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) Tiberius Gracchus I.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Plutarch explain public anger both Dion and Brutus received for their stands against Dionysius II and Caesar respectively?
2. What did Plutarch claim to be the main issue facing Tiberius after he was elected tribune of the people?
3. How did Tiberius finally push his land reform law through the Senate, according to Plutarch?
4. Who does Plutarch report commissioned Caesar to travel to Spain?
5. For what does Plutarch claim Marcus Brutus is known?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)