|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What response does Beth take to Tobin firing on them?
(a) She throws the boat into full throttle to leave the scene.
(b) She screams and flops down on the deck.
(c) She returns fire with her 9mm gun.
(d) She attempts to radio the Coast Guard.
2. Who is the first person that John goes to see in the morning, in Chapter 16?
(a) Fredric Tobin.
(b) Sally Hines.
(c) Chief Maxwell.
(d) Beth Penrose.
3. Which acquaintance of John's did Beth reveal talking to in Chapter 30?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His partner, Dom.
(d) His Uncle Harry.
4. What does John show to the Murphys to identify Tobin as a man that frequently visited the Gordons?
(a) A photograph they took of Tobin down at the station.
(b) A picture of Tobin he had cut from a local magazine.
(c) A snapshot of Tobin he took on his phone.
(d) A brochure from Tobin's winery.
5. How long does John estimate it takes Emma to get dressed in Chapter 19?
(a) An hour.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Four seconds.
(d) Twenty minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stevens want to kill John?
2. What does John eat for breakfast in Chapter 16?
3. What does Mrs. Murphy offer John to drink in Chapter 14?
4. As Beth and John get closer to Plum Island in Chapter 34, what do they see that alerts them that someone is watching them?
5. What do they discover on the Gordons' land they purchased from Margaret Wiley?
Short Essay Questions
1. When John sees Beth again in Chapter 38, how does he feel about her?
2. After Beth and Emma have coffee together in Chapter 24, what is the mood of both women?
3. Describe the appearance of Fredric Tobin.
4. Describe the inside decor of the Murphy home.
5. Why has Beth come to visit John in Chapter 24?
6. What does Emma claim that Tobin told her about the Gordons?
7. What injuries does John inflict upon Tobin in Chapter 36?
8. When John attempts to kiss Beth in Chapter 15, how does she respond?
9. Describe Fredric Tobin's winery that John visits in Chapter 16.
10. How does John trick Stevens into coming back to his house in Connecticut?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)