|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they land upon Plum Island in Chapter 34, how many rounds of ammunition does John have?
(d) He is empty.
2. What is the name of Tobin's housekeeper?
3. What social event does John go to at the beginning of Chapter 28?
(a) On a lunch date with Emma.
(b) He has dinner with Margaret Wiley.
(c) On a date with Beth.
(d) Tobin's party for the historical society.
4. What lie does John tell Mrs. Wiley about Beth?
(a) He claims they are brother and sister.
(b) He claims she has a rare immunal disorder.
(c) He claims that she has left the country.
(d) He claims they are getting married.
5. Which acquaintance of John's did Beth reveal talking to in Chapter 30?
(a) His partner, Dom.
(b) His Uncle Harry.
(c) His mother.
(d) His ex-wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beth, how fast does the wind have to be for a storm to be classified as a hurricane?
2. What does Mrs. Murphy offer John to drink in Chapter 14?
3. How does Emma Whitestone know Tobin?
4. After their meeting at the historical society, where do Emma and John go?
5. Why does Stevens want to kill John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dangers do John and Beth face out at sea in Chapter 34?
2. What does Beth discuss with Dom in Chapter 30?
3. Why didn't Margaret Wiley initially want to sell the land to the Gordons?
4. What bad news does Beth bring to John on Monday morning?
5. After speaking with the Murphys in Chapter 17, why is John more suspicious of Tobin?
6. When Beth and John do a quick inventory of wounds in Chapter 35, what wounds have they both sustained?
7. When John attempts to kiss Beth in Chapter 15, how does she respond?
8. How does John gain entry into Tobin's place of work and apartment?
9. Why has Beth come to visit John in Chapter 24?
10. What does John learn from the library about the buried treasure in Chapter 20?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)