|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of clothing are both John and Beth missing when they arrive at the island in Chapter 34?
(c) He is missing his shirt and she is missing her shorts.
2. What topic does Emma discuss with John as they look at the stars in Chapter 17?
(a) Fredric Tobin.
(b) Captain Kidd's treasure.
(c) The Gordons' murders.
(d) Her favorite foods.
3. What does John eat for breakfast in Chapter 16?
(a) He doesn't eat breakfast.
(b) Lettuce and mustard.
(c) Donuts and coffee.
(d) Butter and carrots.
4. Where does John eat lunch in Chapter 27?
(a) With Emma at her florist shop.
(b) At his house.
(c) With Beth at the police station.
(d) On the Gordons' bluff.
5. What skill did Emma teach Fredric Tobin while they were dating?
(a) To whistle through his teeth.
(b) To read Old English script.
(c) To use a metal detector.
(d) To navigate a boat according to numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they land upon Plum Island in Chapter 34, how many rounds of ammunition does John have?
2. After Beth brings John up-to date on the work she has done for the investigation in Chapter 24, what is his response?
3. What does Mrs. Murphy offer John to drink in Chapter 14?
4. What does Beth plan to say to Tobin when she calls him in Chapter 30?
5. How long does it take for Beth and John to get from the vineyard to Tobin's house at Founders Landing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John trick Stevens into coming back to his house in Connecticut?
2. Describe the appearance of Fredric Tobin.
3. Why is Tobin's housekeeper so frightened when Beth and John arrive?
4. Why didn't Margaret Wiley initially want to sell the land to the Gordons?
5. What does Beth discuss with Dom in Chapter 30?
6. When Beth and John do a quick inventory of wounds in Chapter 35, what wounds have they both sustained?
7. After speaking with the Murphys in Chapter 17, why is John more suspicious of Tobin?
8. Describe the appearance of Emma Whitestone.
9. What unique item does John find at Tobin's apartment that leads him to believe Tobin planned to bury the treasure on his land all along?
10. What does Emma claim that Tobin told her about the Gordons?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)