|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the fort built on Plum Island?
(a) Fort Terry.
(b) The North Shore Fort.
(c) Fort Washington.
(d) Fort Pecony.
2. Why does Nash think it may be difficult to determine if the Gordons removed any samples from Plum Island, in Chapter 4?
(a) Because the Gordon's had very high security clearance.
(b) Because there is not a great security system at Plum Island.
(c) Because the computer system at Plum Island had been down for the week.
(d) Because bacteria like to reproduce and are low-tech.
3. Who taught John the entire history and protocol of revenge?
(a) His Sicilian partner.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His Father.
(d) His brother.
4. What time does John wake up, in Chapter 7?
(a) He sleeps until noon.
(b) Six a.m.
(c) Seven a.m.
(d) Eight a.m.
5. What did the Gordons use to help them find archeological items to dig up on Plum Island?
(a) A dog.
(b) A metal detector.
(c) An old map.
(d) Information from local fishermen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Dr. Zollner give for the basement being off-limits, in Chapter 12?
2. What vehicle does Max drive?
3. What time does Beth tell John to meet her for the ferry to Plum Island, in Chapter 6?
4. Where did Paul Stevens earn his degree?
5. Where does John claim to hang out when he is in the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John decide to meet Detective Penrose to talk with the man from the Department of Agriculture?
2. Describe the Olde Towne Taverne.
3. When Elizabeth tries to ask John about what he knows about the case in Chapter 5, what does he ask her about instead?
4. What reasons does John come up with, when contemplating Gordon continuing the case in Chapter 6?
5. Why does John think that the person Detective Penrose is going to meet in Chapter 3 is really from the FBI or CIA rather than the Department of Agriculture?
6. What did the Gordons tell Margaret Wiley they planned to do with the land they purchased from her?
7. Describe the appearance of Donna Alba.
8. Why doesn't John think that the Gordons would sell biological warfare materials?
9. What quality of Max's does John admire after he hears him on the seven o'clock news in Chapter 7?
10. Why does Max want to bring John on as a consultant in the Gordon case?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)