|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose voice does John's voice-warning and advisory system in his car remind him of?
(a) His ex-wife's voice.
(b) Detective Penrose's voice.
(c) Judy Gordon's voice.
(d) His waitress's voice.
2. Why does Nash think it may be difficult to determine if the Gordons removed any samples from Plum Island, in Chapter 4?
(a) Because the computer system at Plum Island had been down for the week.
(b) Because the Gordon's had very high security clearance.
(c) Because there is not a great security system at Plum Island.
(d) Because bacteria like to reproduce and are low-tech.
3. What recent disease was caught by humans from animals, and was being studied on Plum Island?
(a) A strain of horse fever.
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) Swine flu.
(d) Mad Cow Disease.
4. Who does John give the Gordons' navigation book to?
(a) Detective Penrose.
(b) The FBI agent.
(c) The fingerprinting specialist.
5. What color are the locker room doors painted at the facility on Plum Island?
(a) Bright Red.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the male locker room at the facility on Plum Island?
2. What is the name of the Gordons' boat?
3. What local society did the Gordons belong to?
4. What security clearance does John receive on Plum Island, in Chapter 10?
5. What is the name of the Plum Island security director?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Gordons' book collection that John finds in their home.
2. Why doesn't John think that the Gordons would sell biological warfare materials?
3. Why does John suspect that Dr. Chen has been coached in her responses?
4. What did the Gordons tell Margaret Wiley they planned to do with the land they purchased from her?
5. What is Dr. Zollner's theory concerning the Gordons' deaths in Chapter 11?
6. Why does John think that the person Detective Penrose is going to meet in Chapter 3 is really from the FBI or CIA rather than the Department of Agriculture?
7. What reasons does John come up with, when contemplating Gordon continuing the case in Chapter 6?
8. Who is Kenneth Gibbs and what does he look like?
9. Describe the Olde Towne Taverne.
10. Why were Tom and Judy Gordon sometimes mistaken for celebrities?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)