|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Dr. Zollner give for the basement being off-limits, in Chapter 12?
(a) Because they hide dead aliens and Nazi scientsist down there.
(b) Because they need special vaccines to go down there.
(c) Because they have not undergone background checks.
(d) He does not give a reason.
2. What item does John notice is missing from the Gordon boat in Chapter 2?
(a) The steering wheel.
(b) Their compass.
(c) An aluminum ice chest.
(d) Their passports and other documents.
3. What does Dr. Zollner have for lunch in Chapter 12?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) Beef soup.
(d) A salad.
4. According to Mr. Foster, how many people would be killed by a coffee can full of anthrax being vaporized into the air in Manhattan?
(a) One million people.
(b) Five thousand people.
(c) Fifty thousand people.
(d) A minimum of two hundred thousand.
5. What does John find in a book about boat navigation at the Gordons' house that seems suspicious?
(a) A copy of access codes to Plum Island facilities.
(b) A letter tucked between the pages.
(c) A serial number written on a page featuring Plum Island.
(d) A map with several meeting points designated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Plum Island security director?
2. What is the name of the fort built on Plum Island?
3. What is the name of the computer crime specialist that John meets in Chapter 5?
4. What does John find unique about Tom and Judy's office on Plum Island?
5. Who found the Gordons' bodies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Zollner's theory concerning the Gordons' deaths in Chapter 11?
2. Describe the Gordons' house.
3. According to Dr. Zollner, what was the job description of the Gordons?
4. When John sees the pig dying of African swine fever in Chapter 12, what does it remind him of?
5. What quality of Max's does John admire after he hears him on the seven o'clock news in Chapter 7?
6. What hobby had the Gordons taken up on Plum Island that involved Paul Stevens?
7. What problem does John Corey see with doing nothing and boredom?
8. Describe the appearance of Ted Nash when John is introduced to him in Chapter 4.
9. Why doesn't John answer the questions from George Foster about his relationship with the Gordons in Chapter 4?
10. Who is Kenneth Gibbs and what does he look like?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)