|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's favorite meal?
(a) Pepperoni pizza.
(b) A cheeseburger and fries.
(d) A Waldorf Salad.
2. What recent disease was caught by humans from animals, and was being studied on Plum Island?
(a) A strain of horse fever.
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) Swine flu.
(d) Mad Cow Disease.
3. What car does John own?
(a) A new Jeep Grand Cherokee.
(b) He doesn't own a car, but rents a small Chevy truck.
(c) An old pontiac.
(d) A corvette.
4. What does John find in a book about boat navigation at the Gordons' house that seems suspicious?
(a) A map with several meeting points designated.
(b) A serial number written on a page featuring Plum Island.
(c) A copy of access codes to Plum Island facilities.
(d) A letter tucked between the pages.
5. Why is Mr. Foster somewhat upset at Max in Chapter 4?
(a) For his involvment of John.
(b) He is not upset with Max, but instead really confident in his abilities.
(c) For his treatment of the crime scene.
(d) For his tardiness in alerting the FBI of the murders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Max meet the Gordons?
2. What is the name of the Gordons' boat?
3. What does John order for lunch instead of meat during his visit to Plum Island in Chapter 12?
4. How does John know many historical facts about North Fork?
5. What time does John wake up, in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does John come up with, when contemplating Gordon continuing the case in Chapter 6?
2. Describe the appearance of Dr. Zollner.
3. Describe the appearance of Ted Nash when John is introduced to him in Chapter 4.
4. What is Dr. Zollner's theory concerning the Gordons' deaths in Chapter 11?
5. Describe Uncle Harry's house as it is described in Chapter 1.
6. What is interesting to John and Beth about the type of weapons Stevens and his security forces carry on Plum Island?
7. How does Dr. Chen explain her job to John?
8. According to Dr. Zollner, what was the job description of the Gordons?
9. What problem does John Corey see with doing nothing and boredom?
10. Why doesn't John think that the Gordons would sell biological warfare materials?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)