|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Beth jokingly declare to be looking for on Tobin's lawn?
(a) Her grandma's locket.
(b) Her pearl earring.
(c) Her contact lens.
(d) Her badge.
2. Where does John go to research the buried treasure in Chapter 21?
(a) He searches the internet from an internet cafe.
(b) The historical society.
(c) The library.
(d) He goes to the police station.
3. Where does John eat lunch in Chapter 27?
(a) With Beth at the police station.
(b) With Emma at her florist shop.
(c) At his house.
(d) On the Gordons' bluff.
4. Why isn't Beth able to interview Donna Alba?
(a) She is on vacation.
(b) She has been killed.
(c) She refuses to cooperate.
(d) She has lost her voice.
5. When John tells Emma about the number he found in the Gordons' book, where does she recognize the number from?
(a) A brochure she saw about Plum Island.
(b) A letter from Captain Kidd to his wife.
(c) As a combination to the historical society vault.
(d) As a navigational code from Fredric's boat.
6. After the storm passes, what do Beth and John do with Tobin's boats?
(a) They blow up the boats.
(b) They abandon the boats at sea.
(c) They sink the beach boat and take the larger one.
(d) They sink both of the boats.
7. What food does John find at the fire station in Chapter 35?
(b) Chocolate bars.
8. Dom, John's partner, leaves him a message in Chapter 24. Who does Dom say would like to talk with John?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The anti-terrorist divison of the FBI.
(c) The mayor of New York.
(d) His ex-wife.
9. In Chapter 38, what is John doing for employment?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) He is working as a professor teaching homicide investigation.
(c) He is back with NYPD.
(d) He is working as a consultant for Max.
10. What topic does Emma discuss with John as they look at the stars in Chapter 17?
(a) Her favorite foods.
(b) The Gordons' murders.
(c) Captain Kidd's treasure.
(d) Fredric Tobin.
11. Why did Edgar decide to go talk to the Gordons on the night of their murder?
(a) He wanted to take them some flowers.
(b) He wanted to ask a question about their boat.
(c) He wanted to borrow an extension cord.
(d) The Gordons had asked him over earlier.
12. Which acquaintance of John's did Beth reveal talking to in Chapter 30?
(a) His mother.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) His partner, Dom.
(d) His Uncle Harry.
13. When John returns to New York, what item does he find waiting for him at his house?
(a) A newspaper with a full story about his involvement.
(b) A love letter from Emma.
(c) A letter from the Gordons.
(d) A small part of the treasure sent by the Gordons to him.
14. Why is the winery closing in Chapter 30?
(a) They are closing due to the weather.
(b) They are closing due to lack of customers.
(c) They don't disclose why they are closing early.
(d) They are closing early for a holiday.
15. Who has been murdered in Chapter 29?
(a) Max and Emma.
(b) Emma and the Murphys.
(c) Margaret Wiley.
(d) Dr. Zollner and Emma.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emma Whitestone know Tobin?
2. How does Emma get a ride back into town in Chapter 24?
3. Where do Emma and John go to dinner in Chapter 23?
4. After their meeting at the historical society, where do Emma and John go?
5. What skill did Emma teach Fredric Tobin while they were dating?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)