|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of gun does Ted Nash carry?
(a) A .45.
(b) A .62.
(c) He doesn't carry a gun.
(d) A .38.
2. Where was Tom Gordon's bullet wound that killed him?
(a) Through the bridge of his nose.
(b) In his throat.
(c) In the side of his left temple.
(d) In his left breast.
3. What image does John have in his head right before he goes to sleep, in Chapter 6?
(a) The image of the waitress who served him dinner.
(b) The image of Detective Elizabeth Penrose's face.
(c) The image of the Jolly Roger flag.
(d) The image of the men who shot him.
4. What sign is on the Zone Four door of the Plum Island facility?
(a) A large sticker of the globe.
(b) A sign with pictures of several animals.
(c) A sign saying BEWARE, KEEP OUT.
(d) A picture of a skull with a snake in the eye sockets.
5. What item does John notice is missing from the Gordon boat in Chapter 2?
(a) Their compass.
(b) An aluminum ice chest.
(c) The steering wheel.
(d) Their passports and other documents.
6. How did Max meet the Gordons?
(a) They were neighbors.
(b) They were colleagues.
(c) At a wine tasting.
(d) At a boat race.
7. Based on their checkbook, how much money did the Gordons make annually?
(a) One hundred fifty thousand dollars.
(b) Seventy-five thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) Ninety thousand dollars.
8. What music group is John listening to at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The Big Chill.
(d) He isn't listening to music; he just likes the sounds of locusts.
9. What position does Max hold in Southold?
(a) He is a public administrator.
(b) He is a homicide detective.
(c) He is the Chief of Police.
(d) He is the mayor.
10. What is the name of Dr. Zollner's secretary?
11. What color is the male locker room at the facility on Plum Island?
(b) Dove gray.
12. In the past, what had Gordon confided to John was his greatest fear?
(a) Losing all of his money.
(b) Being kidnapped off of his boat.
(c) Losing his wife.
(d) Going blind.
13. In what time of year does the book open?
(a) The novel opens on the fourth of July.
(c) Late October.
(d) Early Summer.
14. What flag had the Gordons flown on their boat the day of their death?
(a) A pennant that read "The captain is ashore."
(b) A pennant that said "Prepare to be Boarded."
(c) A bright blue flag.
(d) A scull and crossbones.
15. What purchase did the Gordon's make with the $25,000?
(a) They purchased a piece of artwork.
(b) They purhased some land.
(c) They purchased a boat.
(d) They purchased some laboratory equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives John goose bumps at the end of Chapter 6?
2. According to Dr. Chen, what virus were the Gordons researching?
3. What is the name of the ferry that John takes to Plum Island?
4. What documents does John take from the office to study in the living room, in Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of Dr. Zollner's assistant?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)