|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dr. Zollner's secretary?
2. Where is the sister lab to Plum Island?
(a) On an island off the coast of Italy.
(b) Off the coast of San Diego.
(c) South of London, England.
(d) In the San Juan Islands in Washington.
3. What did the Gordons use to help them find archeological items to dig up on Plum Island?
(a) An old map.
(b) Information from local fishermen.
(c) A metal detector.
(d) A dog.
4. What local society did the Gordons belong to?
(a) The Peconic Historical Society.
(b) A Literacy Society.
(c) A transcendental religious society.
(d) Big Brothers Big Sisters.
5. What time does Beth tell John to meet her for the ferry to Plum Island, in Chapter 6?
(a) Eight a.m.
(c) Six a.m.
(d) Ten a.m.
6. Who gives John a ride home from the crime scene in Chapter 2?
(a) Officer Johnson.
(b) He walks home.
(d) Officer Penrose.
7. What time does John wake up, in Chapter 7?
(a) He sleeps until noon.
(b) Six a.m.
(c) Seven a.m.
(d) Eight a.m.
8. What is the strait of water between Orient Point and Plum Island known as?
(a) Plum Gut.
(b) Orient Way.
(c) Plum Alley.
(d) The Plum Strait.
9. Who comes to find John in Chapter 3?
(a) Officer Johnson.
(b) A friend of the Gordons.
(c) Detective Penrose.
10. What precinct did John work for prior to the beginning of the book?
(a) Manhattan South.
(b) Manhattan North.
(d) New Jersey East.
11. What car does John own?
(a) A corvette.
(b) An old pontiac.
(c) He doesn't own a car, but rents a small Chevy truck.
(d) A new Jeep Grand Cherokee.
12. According to Mr. Foster, how many people would be killed by a coffee can full of anthrax being vaporized into the air in Manhattan?
(a) Five thousand people.
(b) Fifty thousand people.
(c) A minimum of two hundred thousand.
(d) One million people.
13. What gives John goose bumps at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) The fog climbing out of the bay.
(b) The sound of the wind echoing in the chimney.
(c) The sound of a whistle coming from outside.
(d) The memory of the Gordons' bodies.
14. Whose voice does John's voice-warning and advisory system in his car remind him of?
(a) His ex-wife's voice.
(b) Judy Gordon's voice.
(c) His waitress's voice.
(d) Detective Penrose's voice.
15. What is the name of the detective from Suffolk County assigned to the Gordon case?
(a) Detective Johnson.
(b) Detective Penrose.
(c) Detective Morinda.
(d) Detective Seigfried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the numbers 303 signify on the Gordons' formula boat?
2. How did their peers consider the Gordons?
3. What is the name of the fingerprinting specialist working the Gordon crime scene?
4. What item does John notice is missing from the Gordon boat in Chapter 2?
5. What position does Max hold in Southold?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)