|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vehicle does Max drive?
(a) His vehicle is not described.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A black police cruiser.
(d) A white Jeep Cherokee.
2. What purchase did the Gordon's make with the $25,000?
(a) They purhased some land.
(b) They purchased some laboratory equipment.
(c) They purchased a boat.
(d) They purchased a piece of artwork.
3. What does John find in a book about boat navigation at the Gordons' house that seems suspicious?
(a) A copy of access codes to Plum Island facilities.
(b) A map with several meeting points designated.
(c) A letter tucked between the pages.
(d) A serial number written on a page featuring Plum Island.
4. What items does Paul Stevens ask to collect from the officers on the ferry, in Chapter 7?
(a) Any food they may be carrying.
(b) Their guns.
(c) Their fingerprints.
(d) A blood sample.
5. What precinct did John work for prior to the beginning of the book?
(b) New Jersey East.
(c) Manhattan North.
(d) Manhattan South.
6. According to Dr. Zollner, what is the Department of Agriculture the animal equivalent of?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The Centers for Disease Control.
(c) The Foundation for a Better Life.
(d) The Department of the Interior.
7. Who found the Gordons' bodies?
(b) The paper boy.
(c) Their neighbor.
(d) Their maid and gardener.
8. What did the Gordons use to help them find archeological items to dig up on Plum Island?
(a) An old map.
(b) A dog.
(c) Information from local fishermen.
(d) A metal detector.
9. What do the numbers 303 signify on the Gordons' formula boat?
(a) It is the Gordon's address.
(b) It is the anniversary day and month of the Gordons.
(c) It is the number of perfection.
(d) It is the length of the boat.
10. What item does John notice is missing from the Gordon boat in Chapter 2?
(a) The steering wheel.
(b) Their compass.
(c) Their passports and other documents.
(d) An aluminum ice chest.
11. What gives John goose bumps at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) The sound of a whistle coming from outside.
(b) The sound of the wind echoing in the chimney.
(c) The fog climbing out of the bay.
(d) The memory of the Gordons' bodies.
12. What documents does John take from the office to study in the living room, in Chapter 5?
(a) A printout of recent emails.
(b) A printout of Judy Gordon's daily diary.
(c) A printout of the Gordon's checkbook activity.
(d) Documents relating to their work.
13. What image does John have in his head right before he goes to sleep, in Chapter 6?
(a) The image of the men who shot him.
(b) The image of the waitress who served him dinner.
(c) The image of Detective Elizabeth Penrose's face.
(d) The image of the Jolly Roger flag.
14. What security clearance does John receive on Plum Island, in Chapter 10?
(a) Zones 1-4.
(b) Zones 1-3.
(c) Just Zone 1.
(d) Zones 1-5.
15. What local society did the Gordons belong to?
(a) The Peconic Historical Society.
(b) A transcendental religious society.
(c) A Literacy Society.
(d) Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the past, what had Gordon confided to John was his greatest fear?
2. What security clearance did the Gordons have on Plum Island?
3. Where does John hang out when he is in Long Island?
4. When John is meeting with the other officials in the Gordons' kitchen in Chapter 4, what does he drink?
5. What car does John own?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)