|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clue did Max find that led him to think the Gordons had arrived home only shortly before they were murdered?
(a) Their house cleaner had seen them come home.
(b) They were seen just before at a pet shop, buying a puppy.
(c) They had a punched time card in their pockets.
(d) Their boat engine was still warm.
2. What time does John wake up, in Chapter 7?
(a) He sleeps until noon.
(b) Eight a.m.
(c) Seven a.m.
(d) Six a.m.
3. What reason does Dr. Zollner give for the basement being off-limits, in Chapter 12?
(a) He does not give a reason.
(b) Because they hide dead aliens and Nazi scientsist down there.
(c) Because they have not undergone background checks.
(d) Because they need special vaccines to go down there.
4. Where are Elizabeth Penrose, and several others who are investigating the murder, staying during the investigation?
(a) Echo Lodge.
(b) They are staying with Max.
(c) Soundview Inn.
(d) They are staying on Plum Island.
5. What documents does John take from the office to study in the living room, in Chapter 5?
(a) Documents relating to their work.
(b) A printout of the Gordon's checkbook activity.
(c) A printout of recent emails.
(d) A printout of Judy Gordon's daily diary.
6. What type of things do they study on Plum Island, according to Ted Nash?
(a) He refuses to give any information about what is studied.
(b) Biological warfare.
(c) Strictly human diseases.
(d) Strictly animal diseases.
7. What is the name of the detective from Suffolk County assigned to the Gordon case?
(a) Detective Seigfried.
(b) Detective Morinda.
(c) Detective Penrose.
(d) Detective Johnson.
8. Why does Nash think it may be difficult to determine if the Gordons removed any samples from Plum Island, in Chapter 4?
(a) Because the Gordon's had very high security clearance.
(b) Because bacteria like to reproduce and are low-tech.
(c) Because there is not a great security system at Plum Island.
(d) Because the computer system at Plum Island had been down for the week.
9. According to Dr. Chen, what virus were the Gordons researching?
(a) Swine Flu.
10. What is the name of the ferry captain that knew the Gordons?
11. Who found the Gordons' bodies?
(a) Their maid and gardener.
(b) Their neighbor.
(c) The paper boy.
12. What lingering memory from a crime scene does John have the most difficulty forgetting?
(a) The taste of death in the air.
(b) The sound of the silence.
(c) The smell of death.
(d) The sight of the bodies.
13. Whose voice does John's voice-warning and advisory system in his car remind him of?
(a) His waitress's voice.
(b) Detective Penrose's voice.
(c) Judy Gordon's voice.
(d) His ex-wife's voice.
14. What is the name of the Gordons' boat?
(c) Bio 101.
(d) Peaceful Prince.
15. When John is meeting with the other officials in the Gordons' kitchen in Chapter 4, what does he drink?
(a) Tap water.
(b) Chamomile tea.
(d) Beer from the fridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Paul Stevens earn his degree?
2. What security clearance did the Gordons have on Plum Island?
3. How does John know many historical facts about North Fork?
4. What gives John goose bumps at the end of Chapter 6?
5. What type of residents occupy the North Fork of Long Island?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)