|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What music group is John listening to at the beginning of the novel?
(a) He isn't listening to music; he just likes the sounds of locusts.
(b) The Big Chill.
2. What type of residents occupy the North Fork of Long Island?
(a) Actors and publishing types.
(b) Farmers and fishermen.
(c) Wealthy aristocrats.
(d) Writers and Artists.
3. What weapon does John use as his off-duty piece?
(a) A small, sharp knife.
(b) A Smith & Wesson .38 revolver.
(c) A Sig Sauer.
(d) A Glock 27.
4. Who found the Gordons' bodies?
(a) Their neighbor.
(c) The paper boy.
(d) Their maid and gardener.
5. In what time of year does the book open?
(a) Early Summer.
(b) Late October.
(d) The novel opens on the fourth of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. What precinct did John work for prior to the beginning of the book?
2. When John is meeting with the other officials in the Gordons' kitchen in Chapter 4, what does he drink?
3. Where does John hang out when he is in Long Island?
4. What clue did Max find that led him to think the Gordons had arrived home only shortly before they were murdered?
5. What is the name of the Gordons' boat?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)