|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Elizabeth Penrose, and several others who are investigating the murder, staying during the investigation?
(a) Soundview Inn.
(b) They are staying with Max.
(c) They are staying on Plum Island.
(d) Echo Lodge.
2. Why doesn't John want to tell Beth of his discoveries about the Gordons' finances when she calls in Chapter 6?
(a) He doesn't trust her.
(b) He wants to study the information on his own before he shares it.
(c) He can't remember all of the details because he is so tired.
(d) He's worried there is a phone tap.
3. What purchase did the Gordon's make with the $25,000?
(a) They purhased some land.
(b) They purchased some laboratory equipment.
(c) They purchased a piece of artwork.
(d) They purchased a boat.
4. Who has been murdered in Chapter 29?
(a) Emma and the Murphys.
(b) Max and Emma.
(c) Margaret Wiley.
(d) Dr. Zollner and Emma.
5. How did their peers consider the Gordons?
(a) They were more reserved than others.
(b) They seemed more studious than other scientists.
(c) They were more flamboyant than other scientists.
(d) They seemed more ambitious than most co-workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What social event does John go to at the beginning of Chapter 28?
2. What quality does John think Beth lacks to make a good detective?
3. What position did Tom hold in the laboratory?
4. What does Dr. Zollner have for lunch in Chapter 12?
5. Whose appearance in his kitchen surprises him the following day?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)