1. In what time of year does the book open?
(b) Early Summer.
(c) Late October.
(d) The novel opens on the fourth of July.
2. What music group is John listening to at the beginning of the novel?
(c) He isn't listening to music; he just likes the sounds of locusts.
(d) The Big Chill.
3. What weapon does John use as his off-duty piece?
(a) A small, sharp knife.
(b) A Glock 27.
(c) A Sig Sauer.
(d) A Smith & Wesson .38 revolver.
4. How old is John?
5. What position did John hold before he got injured?
(a) Highway patrol officer.
(b) Chief of police.
(c) Parole officer.
(d) Homicide detective.
6. What precinct did John work for prior to the beginning of the book?
(a) Manhattan South.
(b) New Jersey East.
(d) Manhattan North.
7. What position does Max hold in Southold?
(a) He is the mayor.
(b) He is a homicide detective.
(c) He is the Chief of Police.
(d) He is a public administrator.
This section contains 5,325 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)