|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hosting the dinner party?
2. What does Susan indirectly offer Charleson in exchange for a promotion for Brock?
3. What does Lazar say that a good undercover agent never does?
4. What does the Frenchman say he is going to do?
5. What does Brock think made his civil service job easier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Lazar and Brock. What are their roles within the story? What is the trust factor with women? What are the reasons Susan cares for both of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1940s and 1950s. Compare and contrast homosexuality during the 1940s and 1950s to homosexuality today. What major changes have occurred, both positive and negative?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s. Conversely, what is the role of unmarried women in the 1950s? What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? Do they have any freedoms that 21st century women do not have?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)