|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Brock NOT say about his life?
2. Susan finally gets the Frenchman to admit that he is ______________.
3. What does Susan say she will do if Brock doesn't get a better job?
4. What does Susan tell Darwin he can forget all about?
5. What does Brock think made his civil service job easier?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mick. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
The longing for excitement and fulfillment takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1940s and 1950s. Compare and contrast homosexuality during the 1940s and 1950s to homosexuality today. What major changes have occurred, both positive and negative?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)