|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan tell Darwin he can forget all about?
2. Who arrives late for the dinner party?
3. Why was Susan being arrested?
4. Why have Susan and Lazar returned to France?
5. Who is the first character to appear in Act 2, Scene 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s. Conversely, what is the role of unmarried women in the 1950s? What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? Do they have any freedoms that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
Hare uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)