|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a topic of conversation between Brock and Alice?
2. The priest speaks about the _____________ of life.
3. In what year does Act 2, Scene 8 take place?
4. Why have Susan and Lazar returned to France?
5. Which of the following does Brock NOT say about his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The longing for excitement and fulfillment takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of good vs. evil. Identify at least two characters who embody both good and evil and then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)