|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Brock NOT say about his life?
2. Darwin is angry about England's problems as a result of their invasion of ___________________.
3. Why is Susan going into town?
4. What does Lazar ask Susan?
5. What does Alice think is enough of a career in her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Hare use the various settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s. Conversely, what is the role of unmarried women in the 1950s? What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? Do they have any freedoms that 21st century women do not have?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)