|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the British Prime Minister that Darwin feels is to blame for the British problems?
2. Susan asks Charleson if he hates being in a business _______________________.
3. In what year does Act 2, Scene 12 take place?
4. Who is the Burmese businessman Brock is entertaining?
5. What does Lazar say that a good undercover agent never does?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of the gun that Susan cherishes all throughout the play. What does it signify? What role does it play in the drama? Why did the author choose this item?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Brock. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of good vs. evil. Identify at least two characters who embody both good and evil and then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)