|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 10?
2. In what country does Act 2, Scene 12 take place?
3. What does Susan say is the only real dignity in life?
4. Why does Susan say she married her husband?
5. What does Susan say she will do if Brock doesn't get a better job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Alice. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
The role of women is a main topic addressed in this story. Explain the theme that extends through all the female characters. What is the presumed role of women in Britain during the 1940s and 1950s? Explain by giving examples.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)