|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charleson tells Susan that Brock is perceived as __________.
2. Who is hosting the dinner party?
3. Which of the following does Brock NOT accuse Susan of?
4. What does Alice think is enough of a career in her life?
5. Who does Charleson encourage Susan to see?
Essay Topic 1
Hare uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Susan, Alice and Brock. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Hare use the various settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)