|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan ask Lazar to do before she leaves?
2. What has hindered Brock's progress in the diplomatic service?
3. Where does Susan go at the end of the play?
4. Darwin is angry about England's problems as a result of their invasion of ___________________.
5. What does Susan say is the only real dignity in life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The longing for excitement and fulfillment takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s. Conversely, what is the role of unmarried women in the 1950s? What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? Do they have any freedoms that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 3
PLENTY is set in the 1940s and 1940s during a time of World War II and its accompanying social, political and cultural recovery. What impact did these factors have on the author? What impact did these factors have on his work, especially the play, PLENTY? Explain.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)