|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan ask Lazar to do before she leaves?
2. What holiday weekend is it in Act 2, Scene 10?
3. Susan asks Charleson if he hates being in a business _______________________.
4. What does the Frenchman say about the English?
5. What is the setting as Act 2, Scene 11 ends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Susan. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the play's title, PLENTY? Cite two examples that support why the author chose the title he did. Can you suggest a better title based on your perspective of the story?
Essay Topic 3
In more than one instance in the play, a "mackerel sky" is cited. Explain what a mackerel sky is. Then cite the examples of how it is used in the play. What is the significance of a mackerel sky to the characters?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)