|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Brock NOT say about his life?
2. What holiday weekend is it in Act 2, Scene 10?
3. Which of the following does Brock NOT accuse Susan of?
4. Who is the Burmese businessman Brock is entertaining?
5. Which of the following does Charleson say Brock does NOT have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Lazar and Brock. What are their roles within the story? What is the trust factor with women? What are the reasons Susan cares for both of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Hare use the various settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of the gun that Susan cherishes all throughout the play. What does it signify? What role does it play in the drama? Why did the author choose this item?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)