|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has hindered Brock's progress in the diplomatic service?
2. In what year does Act 2, Scene 12 take place?
3. In what country does Act 2, Scene 12 take place?
4. Who does Susan tell the Frenchman to look at?
5. In what year does Act 2, Scene 8 take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Hare use the various settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lazar and Brock. What are their roles within the story? What is the trust factor with women? What are the reasons Susan cares for both of these men who are so dramatically different?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)