Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is sleeping as the play begins?
2. What does Mick do when Susan shoots the gun?
3. Who does Susan ask Brock to call?
4. In what city does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
5. What does Alice offer Susan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the author uses the concept of plenty as Susan both rejects it and searches for it.
2. What is Susan's thinking about having a child without any emotional ties?
3. Name at least two examples of foreshadowing in this scene?
4. What is the symbolism of Lamar's reference to sound waves?
5. What does Susan tell Brock about her relationship with Tony?
6. How does Lazar make his entrance in the play?
7. Why is this scene so significant for Susan?
8. What does Susan share with Lazar about her life as it is now?
9. What comments does Alice make regarding England and Brock when she enters the room?
10. Why is it ironic that Susan makes derogatory comments about Darwin's outspokenness?
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme.
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s. Conversely, what is the role of unmarried women in the 1950s? What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? Do they have any freedoms that 21st century women do not have?
Compare and contrast Lazar and Brock. What are their roles within the story? What is the trust factor with women? What are the reasons Susan cares for both of these men who are so dramatically different?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)