Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is sleeping as the play begins?
2. What does Mick do when Susan shoots the gun?
3. Who does Susan ask Brock to call?
4. In what city does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
5. What does Alice offer Susan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the author uses the concept of plenty as Susan both rejects it and searches for it.
2. What is Susan's thinking about having a child without any emotional ties?
3. Name at least two examples of foreshadowing in this scene?
4. What is the symbolism of Lamar's reference to sound waves?
5. What does Susan tell Brock about her relationship with Tony?
6. How does Lazar make his entrance in the play?
7. Why is this scene so significant for Susan?
8. What does Susan share with Lazar about her life as it is now?
9. What comments does Alice make regarding England and Brock when she enters the room?
10. Why is it ironic that Susan makes derogatory comments about Darwin's outspokenness?
Essay Topic 1
PLENTY is a classic story of the search for fulfillment. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Hare use the various settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of good vs. evil. Identify at least two characters who embody both good and evil and then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)