|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things does Susan NOT do in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What literary technique does the author use in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Susan tells Brock more about ___________________.
4. Mick is making a street deal for __________________.
5. What is Brock's job in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the situation in which the author gets the meaning for the book's title, PLENTY?
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What does Alice ask Susan as Susan packs?
4. How does Act 1, Scene 7 begin?
5. Explain the significance of Mick's reference to a "mackerel" sky.
6. How does the author contrast Alice and Susan?
7. What is Susan's thinking about having a child without any emotional ties?
8. Explain how this scene shows how much Susan needs excitement in her life and what she will do to get it.
9. What type of advice does Susan give Alice?
10. How does the author show that the imminent relationship between Susan and Brock ends up being more significant for Susan than just the thrill she is looking for all the time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Lazar and Brock. What are their roles within the story? What is the trust factor with women? What are the reasons Susan cares for both of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 2
Hare uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
PLENTY is a classic story of the search for fulfillment. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)