Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is sleeping as the play begins?
2. What does Mick do when Susan shoots the gun?
3. Who does Susan ask Brock to call?
4. In what city does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
5. What does Alice offer Susan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the author uses the concept of plenty as Susan both rejects it and searches for it.
2. What is Susan's thinking about having a child without any emotional ties?
3. Name at least two examples of foreshadowing in this scene?
4. What is the symbolism of Lamar's reference to sound waves?
5. What does Susan tell Brock about her relationship with Tony?
6. How does Lazar make his entrance in the play?
7. Why is this scene so significant for Susan?
8. What does Susan share with Lazar about her life as it is now?
9. What comments does Alice make regarding England and Brock when she enters the room?
10. Why is it ironic that Susan makes derogatory comments about Darwin's outspokenness?
Create a brief character study of Susan. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
In more than one instance in the play, a "mackerel sky" is cited. Explain what a mackerel sky is. Then cite the examples of how it is used in the play. What is the significance of a mackerel sky to the characters?
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of good vs. evil. Identify at least two characters who embody both good and evil and then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)