|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who is the author of this play?
3. What does Mick do when Susan shoots the gun?
4. Who is the female character in the play as it begins?
5. What does Susan invite Mick to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 1, Scene 7 begin?
2. Explain how this scene shows how much Susan needs excitement in her life and what she will do to get it.
3. What does Susan's gun symbolize in this scene?
4. Why is it ironic that Susan makes derogatory comments about Darwin's outspokenness?
5. How does Act 1, Scene 5 begin?
6. Explain how this scene finally explains the source of Susan's vast emptiness?
7. What is Susan's latest plan to add some excitement to her life?
8. Under what circumstances do Susan and Lazar meet?
9. What comments does Alice make regarding England and Brock when she enters the room?
10. What is the main source of tension in this scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
PLENTY is a classic story of the search for fulfillment. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of good vs. evil. Identify at least two characters who embody both good and evil and then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)