|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan tell Alice before she leaves?
2. Where does Lazar recall seeing Susan before?
3. In what country does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
4. What does Alice want Louise to tie to her wrists?
5. Why did Mick want to see Susan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 1, Scene 7 begin?
2. How does the author show that the imminent relationship between Susan and Brock ends up being more significant for Susan than just the thrill she is looking for all the time?
3. What type of advice does Susan give Alice?
4. What is the symbolism of Lamar's reference to sound waves?
5. What is the main source of tension in this scene?
6. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 12?
7. What is the scope of the conversation between Brock and Darwin regarding Susan's mental health?
8. How does Mick agree to Susan's idea of getting pregnant?
9. Why is it possible that Susan has come to see Charleson not for Brock's benefit but to add some excitement to her life?
10. What does Susan tell Alice to tell Brock when he awakens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Susan. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Brock. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The longing for excitement and fulfillment takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,523 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)