|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan tell Mick that she wants?
2. What is Darwin doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What does Brock ask Susan as she eats his omelet?
4. Which of the following topics do Alice and Brock NOT talk about?
5. What industry is Susan thinking of getting into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alice ask Susan as Susan packs?
2. How does Lazar make his entrance in the play?
3. What is the scope of Susan and Mick's relationship?
4. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1 and who are the first two characters to appear?
5. How does the author contrast Alice and Susan?
6. What is the foreshadowing in the appearance of the Frenchman?
7. How does the author end the scene so that the first scene of the play now makes sense?
8. Explain how this scene shows how much Susan needs excitement in her life and what she will do to get it.
9. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 12?
10. What does Susan tell Brock about her relationship with Tony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Susan. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Alice. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lazar and Brock. What are their roles within the story? What is the trust factor with women? What are the reasons Susan cares for both of these men who are so dramatically different?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)