|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
2. Where does Brock ask Susan to go?
3. What character is sleeping as the play begins?
4. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 6?
5. What was Tony's job during the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show that the imminent relationship between Susan and Brock ends up being more significant for Susan than just the thrill she is looking for all the time?
2. How does Act 1, Scene 5 begin?
3. What does Susan tell Brock about her relationship with Tony?
4. Under what circumstances do Susan and Lazar meet?
5. Why is it possible that Susan has come to see Charleson not for Brock's benefit but to add some excitement to her life?
6. How does Lazar make his entrance in the play?
7. How does the author end the scene so that the first scene of the play now makes sense?
8. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1 and who are the first two characters to appear?
9. Describe Brock's reaction when he finally loses patience with Susan.
10. What does Susan's gun symbolize in this scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mick. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
PLENTY is set in the 1940s and 1940s during a time of World War II and its accompanying social, political and cultural recovery. What impact did these factors have on the author? What impact did these factors have on his work, especially the play, PLENTY? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Susan. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)