|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The composer of the musical program being broadcast suffered from what disease?
2. What does Alice bring with her into the room?
3. What does Brock ask Susan as she eats his omelet?
4. Mick is making a street deal for __________________.
5. What does Susan offer Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the blood on Susan's hand?
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 12?
4. What comments does Alice make regarding England and Brock when she enters the room?
5. How does Act 1, Scene 7 begin?
6. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 11 and which two characters open the scene?
7. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1 and who are the first two characters to appear?
8. Explain how this scene further establishes the frustrations Susan continues to feel about her life.
9. Under what circumstances do Susan and Lazar meet?
10. Susan is with Lazar with whom she experienced the pinnacle of excitement in her life yet she is now eager to leave him too.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Hare use the various settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Susan, Alice and Brock. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lazar and Brock. What are their roles within the story? What is the trust factor with women? What are the reasons Susan cares for both of these men who are so dramatically different?
This section contains 1,484 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)