|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan tell Mick that she wants?
2. Who is Susan's friend who has been taken to a Nazi prison camp?
3. What topic does Susan question Darwin about regarding her husband?
4. Who does Susan ask Brock to call?
5. Alice is painting Louise to represent ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Alice and how did she and Susan meet?
2. What is the main source of tension in this scene?
3. Describe Brock's reaction when he finally loses patience with Susan.
4. What is the scope of Susan and Mick's relationship?
5. Explain how this scene shows how much Susan needs excitement in her life and what she will do to get it.
6. What does Susan say about Brock's condition?
7. How do the priest's comments about the brevity of life really describe Susan?
8. What does the radio interview foreshadow in the story?
9. How does Mick agree to Susan's idea of getting pregnant?
10. How does the author use the symbol of the barrage balloon to show Susan's boredom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Brock. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Alice. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)