|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Susan using for her advertising?
2. Mick suggests that Susan thinks ___________________.
3. Susan tells Mick about advertising ______________.
4. What is being broadcast on the radio as the scene begins?
5. What is Darwin doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how this scene further establishes the frustrations Susan continues to feel about her life.
2. What is the symbolism of the blood on Susan's hand?
3. Describe Brock's reaction when he finally loses patience with Susan.
4. How does the author contrast Alice and Susan?
5. What is the purpose of the meeting with Susan, Darwin and Brock?
6. What is Susan's latest plan to add some excitement to her life?
7. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 12?
8. How does the author use the symbol of the barrage balloon to show Susan's boredom?
9. Who is Charleson and what is Susan's purpose for meeting with him?
10. What is the scope of Susan and Mick's relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the play's title, PLENTY? Cite two examples that support why the author chose the title he did. Can you suggest a better title based on your perspective of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Hare use the various settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
PLENTY is a classic story of the search for fulfillment. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)