|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan hint that Brock can bring back for her from Morocco?
2. How long had Susan and Mick been trying to conceive a child?
3. In what month does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
4. What is Susan using for her advertising?
5. Susan tells Brock more about ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 2, Scene 8 begin?
2. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 11 and which two characters open the scene?
3. Explain the significance of Mick's reference to a "mackerel" sky.
4. Why does Lazar not give Susan his real name before he leaves her?
5. How does Act 1, Scene 5 begin?
6. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1 and who are the first two characters to appear?
7. How does Act 1, Scene 3 begin?
8. Why is it ironic that Susan makes derogatory comments about Darwin's outspokenness?
9. What does Susan tell Brock about her relationship with Tony?
10. How do the priest's comments about the brevity of life really describe Susan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Hare use the various settings he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the play. Identify at least two themes in the play. Then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
PLENTY is a classic story of the search for fulfillment. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)