|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does the play begin?
2. Who is the female character in the play as it begins?
3. What does Susan say that she and Tony both missed?
4. What does Susan complain about?
5. Susan tells Mick about advertising ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Susan's exaggerated mention of the Suez Canal incident so significant?
2. How does Act 1, Scene 3 begin?
3. Why is it ironic that Susan makes derogatory comments about Darwin's outspokenness?
4. Under what circumstances do Susan and Lazar meet?
5. Explain how this scene further establishes the frustrations Susan continues to feel about her life.
6. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 12?
7. What is the symbolism of the blood on Susan's hand?
8. What does Susan say about Brock's condition?
9. How does the author use the radio announcer as a contrast to Susan?
10. Explain how this scene shows how much Susan needs excitement in her life and what she will do to get it.
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Susan. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
PLENTY is a classic story of the search for fulfillment. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Alice. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 1,564 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)