|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lazar suggest he and Susan not do?
2. For whom are Susan and Lazar working?
3. What is they product that Susan advertises?
4. Brock asks Susan to remind him ______________________.
5. What does Susan hint that Brock can bring back for her from Morocco?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use the embalming symbolism to relate it to Susan?
2. Explain how this scene shows how much Susan needs excitement in her life and what she will do to get it.
3. How does the author use the radio announcer as a contrast to Susan?
4. What is the significance of the word "plenty" as Susan mentions the party food?
5. How does Act 1, Scene 5 begin?
6. What does Susan's gun symbolize in this scene?
7. What does Susan say about Brock's condition?
8. What does Alice ask Susan as Susan packs?
9. Why does Lazar not give Susan his real name before he leaves her?
10. How do the priest's comments about the brevity of life really describe Susan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Susan. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lazar and Brock. What are their roles within the story? What is the trust factor with women? What are the reasons Susan cares for both of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 3
PLENTY is a classic story of the search for fulfillment. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)