|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan reveal about Tony?
(a) He was a Nazi.
(b) He was gay.
(c) He was her brother.
(d) They were not married.
2. What does Alice want Louise to tie to her wrists?
3. What does Mick do when Susan shoots the gun?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Drops to the floor in terror.
(d) Shoots at her.
4. What does Alice comment on regarding Brock?
(a) His drooling.
(b) His shiny shoes.
(c) The blood on his face.
(d) His messy hair.
5. What is the name of this play?
(c) More Than Enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who appears in the scene and tries to disentangle from a parachute?
3. Whose sudden appearance makes Susan mad?
4. What does Alice bring with her into the room?
5. What does Susan call young men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the situation in which the author gets the meaning for the book's title, PLENTY?
2. What is the significance of the word "plenty" as Susan mentions the party food?
3. Explain how this scene shows how much Susan needs excitement in her life and what she will do to get it.
4. What is the main source of tension in this scene?
5. Why is it possible that Susan has come to see Charleson not for Brock's benefit but to add some excitement to her life?
6. What type of advice does Susan give Alice?
7. How does Act 1, Scene 5 begin?
8. What is the symbolism of the blood on Susan's hand?
9. Why is this scene so significant for Susan?
10. How does Mick agree to Susan's idea of getting pregnant?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)