|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan reveal about Tony?
(a) He was her brother.
(b) He was gay.
(c) They were not married.
(d) He was a Nazi.
2. How does Mick refer to the sky?
(a) Black as pitch.
(b) Crystal clear.
(c) Starry, starry night.
(d) A mackerel sky.
3. Brock says that when Susan talks about the war and starts cleaning her gun, he is going to ________________.
(a) Hear more war stories.
(b) Hear more lies.
(c) Get kicked out.
(d) Hear more confessions.
4. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) A jazz club.
(b) Susan's apartment.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Mick's apartment.
5. What does Alice comment on regarding Brock?
(a) His messy hair.
(b) The blood on his face.
(c) His drooling.
(d) His shiny shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young woman on whom Alice is applying paint?
2. What does Susan tell Alice before she leaves?
3. What does Susan give to Lazar?
4. What does Mick do when Susan shoots the gun?
5. What does Brock ask Susan as she eats his omelet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alice ask Susan as Susan packs?
2. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 10?
3. What is the foreshadowing in the appearance of the Frenchman?
4. How does Act 1, Scene 7 begin?
5. Explain how the author ends the play on a hopeful note for Susan.
6. What comments does Alice make regarding England and Brock when she enters the room?
7. What does Susan tell Brock about her relationship with Tony?
8. How do the priest's comments about the brevity of life really describe Susan?
9. What type of advice does Susan give Alice?
10. How does the author use the embalming symbolism to relate it to Susan?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)