|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
2. What is they product that Susan advertises?
(a) A cereal.
(b) A dried soup.
(c) A vacuum cleaner.
(d) A moisturizer.
3. What does Mick say that Susan enjoyed about having sex with him?
(a) The special games.
(b) The secrecy.
(c) The drama of it.
(d) The emotional pain.
4. Brock says that when Susan talks about the war and starts cleaning her gun, he is going to ________________.
(a) Hear more confessions.
(b) Hear more war stories.
(c) Get kicked out.
(d) Hear more lies.
5. What is Susan using for her advertising?
(a) Barrage balloon.
(b) Newspaper ad.
(d) Sandwich board.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Susan waiting?
2. How many times does Susan shoot her gun into the ceiling?
3. How does Lazar try to comfort Susan?
4. Who retrieves the package dropped by the plane overhead?
5. What does Susan do as Mick rants and refuses to leave the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how this scene finally explains the source of Susan's vast emptiness?
2. How does the author use the symbol of the barrage balloon to show Susan's boredom?
3. Describe the radio program that begins Act 2, Scene 9.
4. How does Mick agree to Susan's idea of getting pregnant?
5. Explain the significance of Mick's reference to a "mackerel" sky.
6. Under what circumstances do Susan and Lazar meet?
7. What is the foreshadowing in the appearance of the Frenchman?
8. Why is it ironic that Susan makes derogatory comments about Darwin's outspokenness?
9. How does Act 1, Scene 6 begin?
10. What does Susan share with Lazar about her life as it is now?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)