|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lazar suggest he and Susan not do?
(c) Look at each other.
(d) Fall in love.
2. What does Susan give to Lazar?
(a) A coat.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A bicycle.
3. How does Mick refer to the sky?
(a) Crystal clear.
(b) Black as pitch.
(c) A mackerel sky.
(d) Starry, starry night.
4. For whom are Susan and Lazar working?
(a) The Resistance.
(b) The Gestapo.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The FBI.
5. What does Susan complain about?
(a) The cheap cigarettes.
(b) The weak coffee.
(c) The ungrateful French.
(d) The cold weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Susan ask Brock to call?
2. Why does Susan want to get pregnant?
3. Alice is painting Louise to represent ______________.
4. How many times does Susan shoot her gun into the ceiling?
5. Who is the young man who joins Susan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it ironic that Susan makes derogatory comments about Darwin's outspokenness?
2. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 12?
3. How does the author show that the imminent relationship between Susan and Brock ends up being more significant for Susan than just the thrill she is looking for all the time?
4. Why is Susan's exaggerated mention of the Suez Canal incident so significant?
5. Explain how the author ends the play on a hopeful note for Susan.
6. Explain the significance of Mick's reference to a "mackerel" sky.
7. Under what circumstances do Susan and Lazar meet?
8. How does Act 2, Scene 8 begin?
9. What does Susan say about Brock's condition?
10. How do the priest's comments about the brevity of life really describe Susan?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)