Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is sleeping as the play begins?
2. What does Mick do when Susan shoots the gun?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Shoots at her.
(c) Drops to the floor in terror.
3. Who does Susan ask Brock to call?
(a) Tony's brother.
(b) Tony's wife.
(c) Susan's husband.
(d) Tony's parents.
4. In what city does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
5. What does Alice offer Susan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mick suggests that Susan thinks ___________________.
2. What is being broadcast on the radio as the scene begins?
3. According to Alice what does Brock say there will be in the future?
4. What was especially annoying for Susan while having sex in Mick's bedroom?
5. What was Tony's job during the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the author uses the concept of plenty as Susan both rejects it and searches for it.
2. What is Susan's thinking about having a child without any emotional ties?
3. Name at least two examples of foreshadowing in this scene?
4. What is the symbolism of Lamar's reference to sound waves?
5. What does Susan tell Brock about her relationship with Tony?
6. How does Lazar make his entrance in the play?
7. Why is this scene so significant for Susan?
8. What does Susan share with Lazar about her life as it is now?
9. What comments does Alice make regarding England and Brock when she enters the room?
10. Why is it ironic that Susan makes derogatory comments about Darwin's outspokenness?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)