|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice offer Susan?
2. Which of the following things does Susan NOT do in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Feigns a heart attack.
(b) Runs onstage.
(c) Takes out a revolver.
(d) Speaks in French.
3. What is Susan working on?
(a) A novel.
(c) New curtains.
(d) An advertising assignment.
4. Where is Susan waiting as Act 1, Scene 5 opens?
(a) A church.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A museum.
(d) A riverbank.
5. For whom are Susan and Lazar working?
(a) The Resistance.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The Gestapo.
(d) The FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bureaucrat with whom Susan meets?
2. Who is the female character in the play as it begins?
3. What does Susan say that she and Tony both missed?
4. Where does Lazar recall seeing Susan before?
5. What is they product that Susan advertises?
Short Essay Questions
1. Susan is with Lazar with whom she experienced the pinnacle of excitement in her life yet she is now eager to leave him too.
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Explain how the author ends the play on a hopeful note for Susan.
4. Who is Charleson and what is Susan's purpose for meeting with him?
5. Explain the significance of Mick's reference to a "mackerel" sky.
6. Explain how this scene finally explains the source of Susan's vast emptiness?
7. What does Susan's gun symbolize in this scene?
8. What is the purpose of the meeting with Susan, Darwin and Brock?
9. What is Susan's latest plan to add some excitement to her life?
10. Why is it possible that Susan has come to see Charleson not for Brock's benefit but to add some excitement to her life?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)