|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brock advise Susan to do?
(a) Return to America.
(b) Get on with her life.
(c) See a psychiatrist.
(d) Buy a house.
2. Whose sudden appearance makes Susan mad?
3. What is Alice smoking as she sits on the floor?
4. What is Susan waiting for as Act 1, Scene 5 begins?
(a) A concert.
(b) A cab.
(c) A movie.
(d) A fireworks display.
5. What does Susan call Brock's fellow diplomats?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice do for Susan?
2. What does Susan reveal about Tony?
3. What does Susan complain about?
4. Mick suggests that Susan thinks ___________________.
5. What is Susan working on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 11 and which two characters open the scene?
2. Why does Lazar not give Susan his real name before he leaves her?
3. How does the author use the radio announcer as a contrast to Susan?
4. Explain how this scene further establishes the frustrations Susan continues to feel about her life.
5. Why does Susan use her gun on Mick at the end of the scene?
6. What is the symbolism of Lamar's reference to sound waves?
7. What does Susan's gun symbolize in this scene?
8. What is the double meaning of Lazar's statement that he recognizes Susan from somewhere?
9. Who is Mick and how does he enter the scene?
10. What is the symbolism of the blood on Susan's hand?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)