|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tony's job during the war?
(b) Radio operator.
2. In what city does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
3. What is Susan waiting for as Act 1, Scene 5 begins?
(a) A concert.
(b) A cab.
(c) A movie.
(d) A fireworks display.
4. Brock says that when Susan talks about the war and starts cleaning her gun, he is going to ________________.
(a) Hear more war stories.
(b) Hear more lies.
(c) Get kicked out.
(d) Hear more confessions.
5. What does Susan call young men?
(d) Jail bait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice bring with her into the room?
2. What does Lazar suggest he and Susan not do?
3. The composer of the musical program being broadcast suffered from what disease?
4. How long had Susan and Mick been trying to conceive a child?
5. Where does Lazar recall seeing Susan before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the word "plenty" as Susan mentions the party food?
2. What type of advice does Susan give Alice?
3. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 10?
4. How does Mick agree to Susan's idea of getting pregnant?
5. Describe the radio program that begins Act 2, Scene 9.
6. What is the scope of the conversation between Brock and Darwin regarding Susan's mental health?
7. Under what circumstances do Susan and Lazar meet?
8. Explain the significance of Mick's reference to a "mackerel" sky.
9. Explain how the author ends the play on a hopeful note for Susan.
10. How does the author show that the imminent relationship between Susan and Brock ends up being more significant for Susan than just the thrill she is looking for all the time?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)