|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose sudden appearance makes Susan mad?
2. What does Alice bring with her into the room?
(a) A take-out meal.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A suitcase.
3. Where does Lazar recall seeing Susan before?
(a) In a recruitment office.
(b) In a cafe.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In church.
4. Who is the author of this play?
(a) David Halliwell.
(b) David Hare.
(c) David Hanson.
(d) Douglas Hare.
5. What nationality is Lazar?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mick refer to the sky?
2. For whom are Susan and Lazar working?
3. In what month does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
4. What character is sleeping as the play begins?
5. What does Susan make for Brock when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is this scene so significant for Susan?
2. Explain how this scene finally explains the source of Susan's vast emptiness?
3. What is the significance of the word "plenty" as Susan mentions the party food?
4. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4?
5. How does the author use the embalming symbolism to relate it to Susan?
6. What is the purpose of the meeting with Susan, Darwin and Brock?
7. How does the author use the radio announcer as a contrast to Susan?
8. Why does Susan use her gun on Mick at the end of the scene?
9. Under what circumstances do Susan and Lazar meet?
10. Why is it ironic that Susan makes derogatory comments about Darwin's outspokenness?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)