|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan tell Alice before she leaves?
(a) Everything will be all right.
(b) Turn off the lights.
(c) Open a window.
(d) Lock the door behind me.
2. What does Alice offer Susan?
3. Who is the female character in the play as it begins?
4. What is the name of Susan's dead husband?
5. In what country does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young man who joins Susan?
2. Why did Mick want to see Susan?
3. What is the product in Susan's advertising project?
4. How long had Susan and Mick been trying to conceive a child?
5. In what country does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 1, Scene 7 begin?
2. What is the situation in which the author gets the meaning for the book's title, PLENTY?
3. How does Mick agree to Susan's idea of getting pregnant?
4. What is Susan's latest plan to add some excitement to her life?
5. Describe the radio program that begins Act 2, Scene 9.
6. Why is Susan's exaggerated mention of the Suez Canal incident so significant?
7. Explain how this scene shows how much Susan needs excitement in her life and what she will do to get it.
8. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4?
9. What does Susan tell Alice to tell Brock when he awakens?
10. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 12?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)