|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brock say people will have plenty of in the next few post war years?
2. What does Susan tell Lazar her job is?
(a) A diplomat.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A courier.
(d) A singer.
3. Why does Susan think she can't create good ads?
(a) She is too intellectual.
(b) She can't draw.
(c) She is not witty.
(d) She's not stupid enough.
4. According to Brock, Darwin is more concerned with ____________ than anything else.
5. In what year does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bureaucrat with whom Susan meets?
2. What is the name of Susan's dead husband?
3. What is Susan using for her advertising?
4. What is Darwin doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What is the product in Susan's advertising project?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lazar make his entrance in the play?
2. What is the symbolism of Lamar's reference to sound waves?
3. Explain how this scene shows how much Susan needs excitement in her life and what she will do to get it.
4. How does the author use the embalming symbolism to relate it to Susan?
5. What type of advice does Susan give Alice?
6. What does Susan's gun symbolize in this scene?
7. What is Susan's latest plan to add some excitement to her life?
8. Explain how the author ends the play on a hopeful note for Susan.
9. What is the symbolism of the blood on Susan's hand?
10. What does the radio interview foreshadow in the story?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)