|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Susan's friend who has been taken to a Nazi prison camp?
2. What does Susan give to Lazar?
(a) A coat.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A sandwich.
3. Why did Mick want to see Susan?
(a) Because it is New Year's Eve.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) Because he wants her to marry him.
(d) Because he wanted to see the baby.
4. What does Susan suggest she and Brock do for the winter?
(a) Spend it apart.
(b) Rent a cabin in the mountains.
(c) Go to a Caribbean island.
(d) Go skiing.
5. Susan tells Brock more about ___________________.
(a) Her time in the war.
(b) Her favorite books.
(c) Her medical history.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brock asks Susan to remind him ______________________.
2. Where is Susan waiting as Act 1, Scene 5 opens?
3. What is the name of this play?
4. What does Mick do when Susan shoots the gun?
5. What was especially annoying for Susan while having sex in Mick's bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1 and who are the first two characters to appear?
2. How does the author contrast Alice and Susan?
3. What is the purpose of the meeting with Susan, Darwin and Brock?
4. How does the author show that the imminent relationship between Susan and Brock ends up being more significant for Susan than just the thrill she is looking for all the time?
5. How does the author use the symbol of the barrage balloon to show Susan's boredom?
6. Who is Charleson and what is Susan's purpose for meeting with him?
7. What does Susan tell Brock about her relationship with Tony?
8. What is the foreshadowing in the appearance of the Frenchman?
9. What is the symbolism of Lamar's reference to sound waves?
10. Describe Brock's reaction when he finally loses patience with Susan.
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)