|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose sudden appearance makes Susan mad?
2. What was Tony's job during the war?
(a) Radio operator.
3. What literary technique does the author use in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How does Susan describe Mick's bedroom?
(a) Very austere.
(b) A jock's paradise.
5. Why did Mick want to see Susan?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) Because it is New Year's Eve.
(c) Because he wanted to see the baby.
(d) Because he wants her to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brock ask Susan to go?
2. What is Alice's job?
3. In what year does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
4. In what country does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
5. Susan tells Brock more about ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Susan say about Brock's condition?
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1 and who are the first two characters to appear?
3. How does Act 2, Scene 8 begin?
4. Why is it ironic that Susan makes derogatory comments about Darwin's outspokenness?
5. What is the symbolism of Lamar's reference to sound waves?
6. How does the author use the radio announcer as a contrast to Susan?
7. What is the double meaning of Lazar's statement that he recognizes Susan from somewhere?
8. How does the author use the symbol of the barrage balloon to show Susan's boredom?
9. What does Susan share with Lazar about her life as it is now?
10. What is Susan's thinking about having a child without any emotional ties?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)