|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice is painting Louise to represent ______________.
(a) The future.
(c) A tree.
2. Susan takes a break from packing to do what?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Eat lunch.
(d) Smoke a cigarette.
3. What does Susan tell Lazar her job is?
(a) A singer.
(b) A courier.
(c) A diplomat.
(d) A secretary.
4. Who retrieves the package dropped by the plane overhead?
(a) A Frenchman.
(d) A local boy.
5. What is Susan working on?
(b) New curtains.
(c) An advertising assignment.
(d) A novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
2. Brock asks Susan to remind him ______________________.
3. What does Susan keep by her?
4. What is Susan waiting for as Act 1, Scene 5 begins?
5. Why does Susan think she can't create good ads?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author end the scene so that the first scene of the play now makes sense?
2. How does Act 1, Scene 5 begin?
3. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 11 and which two characters open the scene?
4. How does Act 1, Scene 6 begin?
5. Why is this scene so significant for Susan?
6. How does Mick agree to Susan's idea of getting pregnant?
7. How does the author use the symbol of the barrage balloon to show Susan's boredom?
8. Explain how the author ends the play on a hopeful note for Susan.
9. What does the radio interview foreshadow in the story?
10. Why is it possible that Susan has come to see Charleson not for Brock's benefit but to add some excitement to her life?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)