|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does the play begin?
2. What is the name of this play?
(b) More Than Enough.
3. For what is Susan waiting?
(a) A skid of cigarettes.
(b) A radio signal.
(c) A shipment of guns.
(d) A shipment of supplies.
4. What does Susan suggest she and Brock do for the winter?
(a) Rent a cabin in the mountains.
(b) Spend it apart.
(c) Go skiing.
(d) Go to a Caribbean island.
5. Susan tells Brock more about ___________________.
(a) Her family.
(b) Her favorite books.
(c) Her time in the war.
(d) Her medical history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice comment on regarding Brock?
2. What does Susan say that she and Tony both missed?
3. Susan feels that England will not always be so uptight about ________________.
4. Which of the following topics do Alice and Brock NOT talk about?
5. What does Mick do when Susan shoots the gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use the radio announcer as a contrast to Susan?
2. Who is Alice and how did she and Susan meet?
3. What is the foreshadowing in the appearance of the Frenchman?
4. What does the radio interview foreshadow in the story?
5. Explain how this scene further establishes the frustrations Susan continues to feel about her life.
6. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1 and who are the first two characters to appear?
7. How does the author use the symbol of the barrage balloon to show Susan's boredom?
8. What is the situation in which the author gets the meaning for the book's title, PLENTY?
9. Explain how the author uses the concept of plenty as Susan both rejects it and searches for it.
10. What is the symbolism of Lamar's reference to sound waves?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)