|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brock has made arrangements to __________________.
(a) Buy a house.
(b) Get a passport.
(c) Call Tony's family.
(d) Fly home with Tony's body.
2. In what year does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
3. What does Susan tell Mick that she wants?
(a) A trip to Paris.
(b) Some champagne.
(c) A child.
(d) A fur coat.
4. What does Susan say that she and Tony both missed?
(a) American cigarettes.
(b) The excitement of being in the Resistance.
(c) French brandy.
5. Brock asks Susan to remind him ______________________.
(a) To cancel her plane reservation.
(b) To make dinner reservations.
(c) To set the alarm clock.
(d) To buy lightbulbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What industry is Susan thinking of getting into?
2. Who is the bureaucrat with whom Susan meets?
3. In what country does the play begin?
4. The composer of the musical program being broadcast suffered from what disease?
5. What topic does Susan question Darwin about regarding her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lazar make his entrance in the play?
2. What does Susan's gun symbolize in this scene?
3. What type of advice does Susan give Alice?
4. What does Susan say about Brock's condition?
5. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 10?
6. How does the author use the symbol of the barrage balloon to show Susan's boredom?
7. Explain the significance of Mick's reference to a "mackerel" sky.
8. How does the author use the embalming symbolism to relate it to Susan?
9. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 12?
10. How does the author end the scene so that the first scene of the play now makes sense?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)