|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan offer Alice?
(c) Tips on how to function in the apartment.
(d) A coat.
2. According to Brock, Darwin is more concerned with ____________ than anything else.
3. Whose sudden appearance makes Susan mad?
4. Susan takes a break from packing to do what?
(a) Smoke a cigarette.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Eat lunch.
(d) Watch TV.
5. What was Tony's job during the war?
(a) Radio operator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan feels that England will not always be so uptight about ________________.
2. What is Darwin doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Susan tells Mick about advertising ______________.
5. Which of the following things does Susan NOT do in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comments does Alice make regarding England and Brock when she enters the room?
2. Explain the significance of Mick's reference to a "mackerel" sky.
3. How does Mick agree to Susan's idea of getting pregnant?
4. What does the radio interview foreshadow in the story?
5. What is the main source of tension in this scene?
6. Explain how this scene shows how much Susan needs excitement in her life and what she will do to get it.
7. How does the author end the scene so that the first scene of the play now makes sense?
8. Why does Susan use her gun on Mick at the end of the scene?
9. What does Alice ask Susan as Susan packs?
10. Why is Susan's exaggerated mention of the Suez Canal incident so significant?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)