|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the play begin?
2. Who is the young man who joins Susan?
3. Where does Brock ask Susan to go?
(a) A concert.
(d) Out for coffee.
4. What does Alice bring with her into the room?
(a) A take-out meal.
(b) A cat.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A dog.
5. Mick suggests that Susan thinks ___________________.
(a) He is a bad lover.
(b) He is too young to father a child.
(c) It's his fault that she is not pregnant.
(d) He didn't really want her to get pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. The composer of the musical program being broadcast suffered from what disease?
2. According to Alice what does Brock say there will be in the future?
3. In what country does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
4. In what country does the play begin?
5. What does Alice want Louise to tie to her wrists?
Short Essay Questions
1. Susan is with Lazar with whom she experienced the pinnacle of excitement in her life yet she is now eager to leave him too.
2. Under what circumstances do Susan and Lazar meet?
3. How does Lazar make his entrance in the play?
4. What is the situation in which the author gets the meaning for the book's title, PLENTY?
5. Why is it ironic that Susan makes derogatory comments about Darwin's outspokenness?
6. What does Susan's gun symbolize in this scene?
7. What is the double meaning of Lazar's statement that he recognizes Susan from somewhere?
8. How do the priest's comments about the brevity of life really describe Susan?
9. Why is Susan's exaggerated mention of the Suez Canal incident so significant?
10. Name at least two examples of foreshadowing in this scene?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)