|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan call Tony?
(a) A man among men.
(b) A loser.
(c) A prince of a guy.
(d) Slow moving.
2. Which of the following topics do Alice and Brock NOT talk about?
(a) Money is easy to come by for Brock.
(b) The gifts that Brock brings.
(c) Alice's not having a place to live.
(d) Alice's job search.
3. What was Tony's job during the war?
(c) Radio operator.
4. Where does Lazar recall seeing Susan before?
(a) In church.
(b) In a recruitment office.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In a cafe.
5. What does Susan reveal about Tony?
(a) He was her brother.
(b) He was gay.
(c) He was a Nazi.
(d) They were not married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brock says that when Susan talks about the war and starts cleaning her gun, he is going to ________________.
2. What is Susan working on?
3. Who does Susan consider asking to father her child?
4. What has Susan been doing all night?
5. What industry is Susan thinking of getting into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Susan share with Lazar about her life as it is now?
2. Why is this scene so significant for Susan?
3. How does the author use the symbol of the barrage balloon to show Susan's boredom?
4. How does Act 1, Scene 7 begin?
5. How does Mick agree to Susan's idea of getting pregnant?
6. How do the priest's comments about the brevity of life really describe Susan?
7. Why is it ironic that Susan makes derogatory comments about Darwin's outspokenness?
8. What is Susan's latest plan to add some excitement to her life?
9. What does the radio interview foreshadow in the story?
10. What is the foreshadowing in the appearance of the Frenchman?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)