|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Susan shoot her gun into the ceiling?
2. In what country does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
3. What is Darwin doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Drinking brandy.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Making morturary arrangements.
(d) Smoking a cigarette.
4. Brock has made arrangements to __________________.
(a) Fly home with Tony's body.
(b) Get a passport.
(c) Call Tony's family.
(d) Buy a house.
5. What is being broadcast on the radio as the scene begins?
(a) A Christmas program.
(b) A comedy show.
(c) A coded message.
(d) An opera.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the female character in the play as it begins?
2. What does Susan tell Alice to tell Brock when he wakes up?
3. What topic does Susan question Darwin about regarding her husband?
4. Susan's life seems to be ________________.
5. Which of the following topics do Alice and Brock NOT talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how this scene further establishes the frustrations Susan continues to feel about her life.
2. What is the foreshadowing in the appearance of the Frenchman?
3. What is the scope of the conversation between Brock and Darwin regarding Susan's mental health?
4. Name at least two examples of foreshadowing in this scene?
5. Describe the radio program that begins Act 2, Scene 9.
6. Describe Brock's reaction when he finally loses patience with Susan.
7. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4?
8. Explain how the author uses the concept of plenty as Susan both rejects it and searches for it.
9. Why does Lazar not give Susan his real name before he leaves her?
10. Why does Susan use her gun on Mick at the end of the scene?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)