|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Susan waiting for as Act 1, Scene 5 begins?
(a) A movie.
(b) A concert.
(c) A fireworks display.
(d) A cab.
2. Who is the bureaucrat with whom Susan meets?
3. What was Tony's job during the war?
(d) Radio operator.
4. In what year does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
5. What is Alice doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Sculpting a bust.
(b) Applying paint on a nude woman.
(c) Painting a still life.
(d) Sketching a landscape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Susan ask Brock to call?
2. Who retrieves the package dropped by the plane overhead?
3. What does Brock advise Susan to do?
4. What does Susan give to Lazar?
5. How many children does Susan have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Susan tell Alice to tell Brock when he awakens?
2. Who is Alice and how did she and Susan meet?
3. Explain how this scene finally explains the source of Susan's vast emptiness?
4. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Explain the significance of Mick's reference to a "mackerel" sky.
6. Explain how this scene further establishes the frustrations Susan continues to feel about her life.
7. Susan is with Lazar with whom she experienced the pinnacle of excitement in her life yet she is now eager to leave him too.
8. What is the scope of Susan and Mick's relationship?
9. What is Susan's thinking about having a child without any emotional ties?
10. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 12?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)