|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Susan waiting?
(a) A shipment of supplies.
(b) A skid of cigarettes.
(c) A radio signal.
(d) A shipment of guns.
2. Brock says that when Susan talks about the war and starts cleaning her gun, he is going to ________________.
(a) Get kicked out.
(b) Hear more lies.
(c) Hear more war stories.
(d) Hear more confessions.
3. What does Susan suggest she and Brock do for the winter?
(a) Rent a cabin in the mountains.
(b) Go skiing.
(c) Go to a Caribbean island.
(d) Spend it apart.
4. In what country does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
5. What does the Frenchman say that France does not need?
(a) Help from the British.
(b) Financial help.
(d) More wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mick want to see Susan?
2. Who is the female character in the play as it begins?
3. What is Susan using for her advertising?
4. How does Susan describe Mick's bedroom?
5. What does Susan offer Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the author ends the play on a hopeful note for Susan.
2. Explain how the author uses the concept of plenty as Susan both rejects it and searches for it.
3. What is Susan's thinking about having a child without any emotional ties?
4. How does the author use the symbol of the barrage balloon to show Susan's boredom?
5. How does Act 1, Scene 5 begin?
6. What does Susan tell Alice to tell Brock when he awakens?
7. How does Act 1, Scene 6 begin?
8. How does Mick agree to Susan's idea of getting pregnant?
9. What is the double meaning of Lazar's statement that he recognizes Susan from somewhere?
10. What is the symbolism of Lamar's reference to sound waves?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)