|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lazar ask Susan?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she will move in with him.
(c) If she remembers what happened between them.
(d) If she will return to France with him.
2. Darwin is angry about England's problems as a result of their invasion of ___________________.
(a) The Suez Canal.
3. What holiday weekend is it in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) Valentine's Day
(b) New Year's.
4. Which of the following does Charleson say Brock does NOT have?
5. What does Susan indirectly offer Charleson in exchange for a promotion for Brock?
(a) A car.
(c) A house.
(d) Sexual favors.
6. Susan asks Charleson if he hates being in a business _______________________.
(a) Where he's not allowed to speak his mind.
(b) With such gravity.
(c) With such erratic hours.
(d) With no security.
7. What does the Frenchman say he is going to do?
(a) Move to a bigger farm.
(b) Move to the city.
(c) Sell his farm.
(d) Stay on his farm.
8. Which of the following does Brock NOT say about his life?
(a) His divorce from Susan.
(b) A simpler life will be better for Susan and him.
(c) Leaving his job.
(d) Learning to live on less money.
9. For what reason does Alice say that Dorcas needs the money?
(a) To pay the IRS.
(b) To pay for her mother's surgery.
(c) To bail out her brother.
(d) For an operation on her hands.
10. Who is the first character to appear in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) A soldier.
(c) A delivery man.
(d) A priest.
11. Who does Charleson call when Susan threatens suicide?
(a) Building security.
(b) His assistant.
(c) The police.
12. In what country does Act 2, Scene 12 take place?
13. Which of the following do Alice and Dorcas NOT banter about?
(a) Which one has a better sense of humor.
(b) Aristocrats are generally stupid.
(c) Alice is Dorcas' teacher.
(d) Dorcas is the daughter of an aristocrat.
14. Who does Susan tell the Frenchman to look at?
(a) His wife.
(b) The birds.
(d) The children.
15. Why does Lazar say his life is dull?
(a) He lives in the suburbs.
(b) He is married with children.
(c) He is retired.
(d) He hates his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Frenchman say his wife will be cooking?
2. Who is Alice's lover?
3. Who does Susan encounter in France?
4. How much time has passed since Act 2, Scene 10?
5. What does Dorcas want and can't afford?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)