|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darwin ask Brock about Susan's behavior?
(a) If she is sleep deprived.
(b) If she is mentally ill.
(c) If she is jet lagged.
(d) If she is drunk.
2. Whose funeral have Brock and Alice just attended?
3. How had Lazar reconnected with Susan?
(a) He saw her picture in a magazine.
(b) He read her divorce notice.
(c) He read her newspaper column.
(d) He heard her on a radio broadcast.
4. What is the occasion in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A bon voyage party.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A wedding.
5. What are the children doing?
(a) Setting off fireworks.
(b) Lighting bonfires in the town square.
(c) Playing tag.
(d) Riding bicycles.
6. How does Susan say she got blood on her hands?
(a) She broke a glass in the kitchen.
(b) She has a paper cut.
(c) She cut herself while slicing bread.
(d) She ripped a fingernail while peeling wallpaper.
7. Who does Charleson call when Susan threatens suicide?
(a) Building security.
(b) The police.
(c) His assistant.
8. Which of the following is NOT a topic of conversation between Brock and Alice?
(a) How grim funerals are.
(b) How the house is unused.
(c) The weather.
(d) How dusty the house is.
9. Susan asks Charleson if he hates being in a business _______________________.
(a) With such erratic hours.
(b) With no security.
(c) With such gravity.
(d) Where he's not allowed to speak his mind.
10. Which of the following does Brock NOT accuse Susan of?
(a) Never facing life.
(b) Determined to destroy other people's happiness.
(c) Being selfish.
(d) Being overly generous.
11. Why does Susan say she married her husband?
(a) He got her out of being arrested.
(b) He had money.
(c) He had connections.
(d) He was the most handsome thing she had ever seen.
12. Which of the following does Charleson say Brock does NOT have?
13. What does Susan say is the only real dignity in life?
(a) Honoring your parents.
(b) Being philanthropic.
(c) Raising good children.
(d) Living single.
14. For what reason does Alice say that Dorcas needs the money?
(a) To pay the IRS.
(b) To bail out her brother.
(c) For an operation on her hands.
(d) To pay for her mother's surgery.
15. Who is giving a radio interview as Act 2, Scene 9 begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Act 2, Scene 12 take place?
2. In what year does Act 2, Scene 8 take place?
3. Who does Darwin believe to be at fault for the British problem?
4. Who takes over as Brock's superior after Darwin's death?
5. Which of the following do Alice and Brock NOT talk about?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)