|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice think is enough of a career in her life?
(d) Social work.
2. What does Susan say is the only real dignity in life?
(a) Raising good children.
(b) Living single.
(c) Honoring your parents.
(d) Being philanthropic.
3. Who is the British Prime Minister that Darwin feels is to blame for the British problems?
4. What is the topic of conversation between Susan and Charleson?
(a) Brock's dangerous assignments.
(b) Brock's mental health.
(c) Brock's potential for advancement.
(d) Brock's wardrobe allowance.
5. Who does Charleson call when Susan threatens suicide?
(a) Building security.
(b) His assistant.
(c) The police.
6. The priest speaks about the _____________ of life.
7. Why have Susan and Lazar returned to France?
(a) For a tribute to their war comrades.
(b) To establish an orphanage.
(c) To start a business.
(d) To get married.
8. What does the Frenchman say about the English?
(a) They have really bad teeth.
(b) They are hard to understand.
(c) They always hide their feelings.
(d) They are very polite.
9. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) Charleson's office.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) Susan and Brock's house.
(d) A jazz club.
10. What does Lazar ask Susan?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she remembers what happened between them.
(c) If she will return to France with him.
(d) If she will move in with him.
11. Who is hosting the dinner party?
12. Where does Susan go at the end of the play?
(a) To the Frenchman's home.
(b) To her apartment.
(c) To a bar.
(d) To a cafe.
13. For what reason does Alice say that Dorcas needs the money?
(a) To bail out her brother.
(b) For an operation on her hands.
(c) To pay for her mother's surgery.
(d) To pay the IRS.
14. What does Susan suggest that they do with the house?
(a) Sell it to Charleson.
(b) Donate it to the city for a museum.
(c) Give it to Alice to use as a shelter for troubled women.
(d) Tear it down and start over.
15. Whose funeral have Brock and Alice just attended?
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan asks Charleson if he hates being in a business _______________________.
2. How many years has Brock been in a relationship with Susan?
3. What does Brock think made his civil service job easier?
4. How does Susan say she got blood on her hands?
5. Which of the following do Alice and Dorcas NOT banter about?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)