|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Frenchman say his wife will be cooking?
2. Who is hosting the dinner party?
3. What does the Frenchman say he is going to do?
(a) Move to the city.
(b) Sell his farm.
(c) Stay on his farm.
(d) Move to a bigger farm.
4. Whose funeral have Brock and Alice just attended?
5. In what year does Act 2, Scene 12 take place?
6. Susan asks Charleson if he hates being in a business _______________________.
(a) With such gravity.
(b) Where he's not allowed to speak his mind.
(c) With such erratic hours.
(d) With no security.
7. What is the topic of conversation between Susan and Charleson?
(a) Brock's potential for advancement.
(b) Brock's wardrobe allowance.
(c) Brock's mental health.
(d) Brock's dangerous assignments.
8. Who arrives late for the dinner party?
9. Which of the following do Alice and Brock NOT talk about?
(a) How restless Susan is.
(b) The need to get new passports.
(c) How Alice's latest girlfriend has run off to be with a politician.
(d) A sex change operation that a friend of Alice's has had.
10. Who is the British Prime Minister that Darwin feels is to blame for the British problems?
11. In what year does Act 1, Scene 7 take place?
12. Who is giving a radio interview as Act 2, Scene 9 begins?
13. For what reason does Alice say that Dorcas needs the money?
(a) For an operation on her hands.
(b) To pay the IRS.
(c) To bail out her brother.
(d) To pay for her mother's surgery.
14. In what year does Act 2, Scene 8 take place?
15. Why is Susan going into town?
(a) For an anniversary party.
(b) For a wedding.
(c) For a birthday party.
(d) For a party celebrating the liberation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to appear in Act 2, Scene 8?
2. Which of the following is NOT a topic of conversation between Brock and Alice?
3. What does the Frenchman say about the English?
4. What is the setting as Act 2, Scene 11 ends?
5. What does Susan say is the only real dignity in life?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)