|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Charleson encourage Susan to see?
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A doctor.
2. Which of the following does Brock NOT accuse Susan of?
(a) Determined to destroy other people's happiness.
(b) Never facing life.
(c) Being selfish.
(d) Being overly generous.
3. How does Susan say she got blood on her hands?
(a) She broke a glass in the kitchen.
(b) She ripped a fingernail while peeling wallpaper.
(c) She cut herself while slicing bread.
(d) She has a paper cut.
4. What does Alice say is one of her biggest fears?
(a) Taking elevators.
(b) Driving over bridges.
(d) Being buried alive.
5. What does Darwin tell Brock almost guarantees a promotion in the diplomatic service?
(a) Family connections.
(b) Military service.
(c) A trust fund.
(d) A mad wife.
6. What does Susan say she will do if Brock doesn't get a better job?
(a) Get a job herself.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Divorce him.
7. Why does Lazar say his life is dull?
(a) He is retired.
(b) He lives in the suburbs.
(c) He is married with children.
(d) He hates his job.
8. Which of the following does Charleson say Brock does NOT have?
9. What does Susan say is the only real dignity in life?
(a) Being philanthropic.
(b) Honoring your parents.
(c) Living single.
(d) Raising good children.
10. What is the setting as Act 2, Scene 11 ends?
(a) A jazz club.
(b) The fields of France.
(c) A dark street.
(d) A prison.
11. What does the Frenchman say he is going to do?
(a) Sell his farm.
(b) Stay on his farm.
(c) Move to a bigger farm.
(d) Move to the city.
12. In what year does Act 1, Scene 7 take place?
13. What do Alice and Brock do in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Remove dustsheets from furniture.
(b) Open a shop.
(c) Go dancing.
(d) Eat dinner.
14. What does Brock think made his civil service job easier?
(d) Cocktail parties.
15. How had Lazar reconnected with Susan?
(a) He read her divorce notice.
(b) He read her newspaper column.
(c) He saw her picture in a magazine.
(d) He heard her on a radio broadcast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occasion in Act 1, Scene 7?
2. Where does Susan go at the end of the play?
3. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 10?
4. Whose funeral have Brock and Alice just attended?
5. Charleson tells Susan that Brock is perceived as __________.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)