|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Frenchman say he is going to do?
(a) Sell his farm.
(b) Move to a bigger farm.
(c) Move to the city.
(d) Stay on his farm.
2. Who takes over as Brock's superior after Darwin's death?
3. Whose funeral have Brock and Alice just attended?
4. Who is giving a radio interview as Act 2, Scene 9 begins?
5. How had Lazar reconnected with Susan?
(a) He saw her picture in a magazine.
(b) He heard her on a radio broadcast.
(c) He read her newspaper column.
(d) He read her divorce notice.
6. Who does Susan encounter in France?
(d) A Frenchman.
7. Why have Susan and Lazar returned to France?
(a) To establish an orphanage.
(b) To get married.
(c) To start a business.
(d) For a tribute to their war comrades.
8. Which of the following does Charleson say Brock does NOT have?
9. What does Susan ask Lazar to do before she leaves?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Tell her he loves her.
(c) Hold her.
(d) Close her suitcase.
10. What does Brock ask Alice to get out of a drawer?
(d) Deck of cards.
11. What does Dorcas want and can't afford?
(a) A house.
(b) An abortion.
(c) A new wardrobe.
(d) A new car.
12. Susan asks Charleson if he hates being in a business _______________________.
(a) Where he's not allowed to speak his mind.
(b) With such gravity.
(c) With such erratic hours.
(d) With no security.
13. Where does Susan go at the end of the play?
(a) To the Frenchman's home.
(b) To a cafe.
(c) To her apartment.
(d) To a bar.
14. In what year does Act 2, Scene 8 take place?
15. What does Lazar say that a good undercover agent never does?
(a) Talks on a landline phone.
(b) Wears bright clothing.
(c) Leaves a paper trail.
(d) Lets people know that he has been in a place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan tell Darwin he can forget all about?
2. Who does Susan tell the Frenchman to look at?
3. What do Alice and Brock do in Act 2, Scene 8?
4. Which of the following do Alice and Dorcas NOT banter about?
5. In what year does Act 1, Scene 7 take place?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)