|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Burmese businessman Brock is entertaining?
(a) Mr. Pax.
(b) Mr. Ngueyn.
(c) Mr. Wong.
(d) Mr. Chan.
2. Which of the following does Brock NOT say about his life?
(a) Learning to live on less money.
(b) A simpler life will be better for Susan and him.
(c) Leaving his job.
(d) His divorce from Susan.
3. What holiday weekend is it in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) New Year's.
(c) Valentine's Day
4. In what country does Act 2, Scene 12 take place?
5. What does Darwin tell Brock almost guarantees a promotion in the diplomatic service?
(a) Military service.
(b) A trust fund.
(c) A mad wife.
(d) Family connections.
6. What does Dorcas want and can't afford?
(a) A new car.
(b) A house.
(c) An abortion.
(d) A new wardrobe.
7. With whom is Susan lying on a bed?
8. What does Susan say she will do if Brock doesn't get a better job?
(a) Divorce him.
(b) Get a job herself.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Kill herself.
9. What does the Frenchman say his wife will be cooking?
10. What does Susan suggest that they do with the house?
(a) Donate it to the city for a museum.
(b) Give it to Alice to use as a shelter for troubled women.
(c) Sell it to Charleson.
(d) Tear it down and start over.
11. Who does Susan encounter in France?
(c) A Frenchman.
12. Who does Charleson call when Susan threatens suicide?
(a) Building security.
(c) The police.
(d) His assistant.
13. Who is Brock's wife?
14. Charleson tells Susan that Brock is perceived as __________.
(d) A risk taker.
15. Who takes over as Brock's superior after Darwin's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Act 2, Scene 8 take place?
2. What is the topic of conversation between Susan and Charleson?
3. What does Brock think made his civil service job easier?
4. What does Susan say is the only real dignity in life?
5. Where have Susan and Brock been on a diplomatic mission?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)