|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Act 1, Scene 7 take place?
2. Who is the British Prime Minister that Darwin feels is to blame for the British problems?
3. What is the occasion in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A bon voyage party.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A wedding.
4. Charleson tells Susan that Brock is perceived as __________.
(c) A risk taker.
5. What does Brock think made his civil service job easier?
(b) Cocktail parties.
6. What does Lazar ask Susan?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she will move in with him.
(c) If she will return to France with him.
(d) If she remembers what happened between them.
7. What does the Frenchman say about the English?
(a) They are hard to understand.
(b) They are very polite.
(c) They always hide their feelings.
(d) They have really bad teeth.
8. What does Susan suggest that they do with the house?
(a) Sell it to Charleson.
(b) Donate it to the city for a museum.
(c) Give it to Alice to use as a shelter for troubled women.
(d) Tear it down and start over.
9. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) Susan and Brock's house.
(b) Charleson's office.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A jazz club.
10. Which of the following does Brock NOT accuse Susan of?
(a) Determined to destroy other people's happiness.
(b) Being selfish.
(c) Being overly generous.
(d) Never facing life.
11. Which of the following do Alice and Dorcas NOT banter about?
(a) Dorcas is the daughter of an aristocrat.
(b) Alice is Dorcas' teacher.
(c) Aristocrats are generally stupid.
(d) Which one has a better sense of humor.
12. How does Susan say she got blood on her hands?
(a) She cut herself while slicing bread.
(b) She ripped a fingernail while peeling wallpaper.
(c) She broke a glass in the kitchen.
(d) She has a paper cut.
13. Where have Susan and Brock been on a diplomatic mission?
14. Who does Darwin believe to be at fault for the British problem?
(a) The queen's guards.
(c) The royal family.
15. In what year does Act 2, Scene 8 take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Frenchman says it is _____________ to hide your feelings.
2. Why was Susan being arrested?
3. Who takes over as Brock's superior after Darwin's death?
4. What does Susan say is the only real dignity in life?
5. The priest speaks about the _____________ of life.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)