|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is giving a radio interview as Act 2, Scene 9 begins?
2. The priest speaks about the _____________ of life.
3. What does Susan say she will do if Brock doesn't get a better job?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Divorce him.
(c) Get a job herself.
(d) Kill herself.
4. Who arrives late for the dinner party?
5. Why is Susan going into town?
(a) For a wedding.
(b) For an anniversary party.
(c) For a birthday party.
(d) For a party celebrating the liberation.
6. What holiday weekend is it in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) Valentine's Day
(b) New Year's.
7. Who is the first character to appear in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) A delivery man.
(c) A priest.
(d) A soldier.
8. Which of the following do Alice and Brock NOT talk about?
(a) How restless Susan is.
(b) A sex change operation that a friend of Alice's has had.
(c) The need to get new passports.
(d) How Alice's latest girlfriend has run off to be with a politician.
9. What does Darwin tell Brock almost guarantees a promotion in the diplomatic service?
(a) Family connections.
(b) A mad wife.
(c) A trust fund.
(d) Military service.
10. What does Susan indirectly offer Charleson in exchange for a promotion for Brock?
(a) A car.
(b) A house.
(d) Sexual favors.
11. Susan finally gets the Frenchman to admit that he is ______________.
12. What does Alice think is enough of a career in her life?
(d) Social work.
13. What does Lazar ask Susan?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she will move in with him.
(c) If she will return to France with him.
(d) If she remembers what happened between them.
14. Charleson tells Susan that Brock is perceived as __________.
(b) A risk taker.
15. What does Susan suggest that they do with the house?
(a) Sell it to Charleson.
(b) Tear it down and start over.
(c) Give it to Alice to use as a shelter for troubled women.
(d) Donate it to the city for a museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Frenchman say his wife will be cooking?
2. Who does Susan tell the Frenchman to look at?
3. How does Susan say she got blood on her hands?
4. Why does Lazar say his life is dull?
5. The Frenchman says it is _____________ to hide your feelings.
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)