|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do Alice and Brock NOT talk about?
(a) A sex change operation that a friend of Alice's has had.
(b) How restless Susan is.
(c) How Alice's latest girlfriend has run off to be with a politician.
(d) The need to get new passports.
2. What is the topic of conversation between Susan and Charleson?
(a) Brock's potential for advancement.
(b) Brock's dangerous assignments.
(c) Brock's mental health.
(d) Brock's wardrobe allowance.
3. Who does Charleson call when Susan threatens suicide?
(a) Building security.
(b) His assistant.
(d) The police.
4. What does the Frenchman say his wife will be cooking?
5. What is the occasion in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A bon voyage party.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A wedding.
6. Who does Susan encounter in France?
(b) A Frenchman.
7. What does Brock think made his civil service job easier?
(b) Cocktail parties.
8. Who is Brock's wife?
9. Who does Susan tell the Frenchman to look at?
(a) His wife.
(b) The birds.
(d) The children.
10. What does Susan suggest that they do with the house?
(a) Tear it down and start over.
(b) Donate it to the city for a museum.
(c) Give it to Alice to use as a shelter for troubled women.
(d) Sell it to Charleson.
11. In what year does Act 2, Scene 8 take place?
12. Which of the following do Alice and Dorcas NOT banter about?
(a) Aristocrats are generally stupid.
(b) Dorcas is the daughter of an aristocrat.
(c) Which one has a better sense of humor.
(d) Alice is Dorcas' teacher.
13. What does Darwin tell Brock almost guarantees a promotion in the diplomatic service?
(a) Military service.
(b) Family connections.
(c) A mad wife.
(d) A trust fund.
14. What is the setting as Act 2, Scene 11 ends?
(a) The fields of France.
(b) A dark street.
(c) A prison.
(d) A jazz club.
15. With whom is Susan lying on a bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the British Prime Minister that Darwin feels is to blame for the British problems?
2. What does Alice think is enough of a career in her life?
3. Why does Lazar say his life is dull?
4. What does Lazar say that a good undercover agent never does?
5. What holiday weekend is it in Act 2, Scene 10?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)