|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Susan encounter in France?
(d) A Frenchman.
2. What do Alice and Brock do in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Go dancing.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Open a shop.
(d) Remove dustsheets from furniture.
3. Charleson tells Susan that Brock is perceived as __________.
(c) A risk taker.
4. Who is the first character to appear in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) A delivery man.
(c) A priest.
(d) A soldier.
5. What holiday weekend is it in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) New Year's.
(b) Valentine's Day
6. What does Susan say is the only real dignity in life?
(a) Living single.
(b) Honoring your parents.
(c) Being philanthropic.
(d) Raising good children.
7. Why does Susan say she married her husband?
(a) He had money.
(b) He had connections.
(c) He got her out of being arrested.
(d) He was the most handsome thing she had ever seen.
8. What does the Frenchman say about the English?
(a) They are hard to understand.
(b) They always hide their feelings.
(c) They are very polite.
(d) They have really bad teeth.
9. For what reason does Alice say that Dorcas needs the money?
(a) To pay the IRS.
(b) To bail out her brother.
(c) To pay for her mother's surgery.
(d) For an operation on her hands.
10. How many years has Brock been in a relationship with Susan?
11. Why was Susan being arrested?
(a) Setting fire to her apartment building.
(b) Shooting a man.
(c) Robbing a store.
(d) Not showing up for court.
12. What does Alice think is enough of a career in her life?
(b) Social work.
13. What has hindered Brock's progress in the diplomatic service?
(a) His decision not to return to Iran.
(b) His inability to learn French.
(c) His lack of social skills.
(d) His wife's mental illness.
14. Who arrives late for the dinner party?
15. Which of the following do Alice and Dorcas NOT banter about?
(a) Alice is Dorcas' teacher.
(b) Which one has a better sense of humor.
(c) Aristocrats are generally stupid.
(d) Dorcas is the daughter of an aristocrat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Lazar reconnected with Susan?
2. What does Susan indirectly offer Charleson in exchange for a promotion for Brock?
3. How much time has passed since Act 2, Scene 10?
4. Which of the following is NOT a topic of conversation between Brock and Alice?
5. Who is Alice's lover?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)