|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives late for the dinner party?
2. Which of the following do Alice and Dorcas NOT banter about?
(a) Dorcas is the daughter of an aristocrat.
(b) Alice is Dorcas' teacher.
(c) Aristocrats are generally stupid.
(d) Which one has a better sense of humor.
3. What holiday weekend is it in Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) New Year's.
(d) Valentine's Day
4. How had Lazar reconnected with Susan?
(a) He heard her on a radio broadcast.
(b) He read her newspaper column.
(c) He read her divorce notice.
(d) He saw her picture in a magazine.
5. What does the Frenchman say his wife will be cooking?
6. Why does Susan say she married her husband?
(a) He had connections.
(b) He had money.
(c) He was the most handsome thing she had ever seen.
(d) He got her out of being arrested.
7. Who is hosting the dinner party?
8. Who is giving a radio interview as Act 2, Scene 9 begins?
9. Which of the following does Brock NOT say about his life?
(a) His divorce from Susan.
(b) Leaving his job.
(c) Learning to live on less money.
(d) A simpler life will be better for Susan and him.
10. Which of the following does Charleson say Brock does NOT have?
11. What does Susan tell Darwin he can forget all about?
(a) The Isthmus of Panama.
(b) The Panama Canal.
(c) The Bering Strait.
(d) The Suez Canal.
12. What does Brock think made his civil service job easier?
(d) Cocktail parties.
13. In what year does Act 2, Scene 8 take place?
14. What is the occasion in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A bon voyage party.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A wedding.
15. What does Alice say is one of her biggest fears?
(a) Being buried alive.
(c) Taking elevators.
(d) Driving over bridges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have Susan and Brock been on a diplomatic mission?
2. Who is the British Prime Minister that Darwin feels is to blame for the British problems?
3. What does Susan say is the only real dignity in life?
4. Who is Brock's wife?
5. What do Alice and Brock do in Act 2, Scene 8?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)