|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Frenchman say about the English?
(a) They always hide their feelings.
(b) They have really bad teeth.
(c) They are hard to understand.
(d) They are very polite.
2. In what year does Act 1, Scene 7 take place?
3. What does Darwin tell Brock almost guarantees a promotion in the diplomatic service?
(a) Family connections.
(b) A mad wife.
(c) A trust fund.
(d) Military service.
4. What has hindered Brock's progress in the diplomatic service?
(a) His inability to learn French.
(b) His wife's mental illness.
(c) His decision not to return to Iran.
(d) His lack of social skills.
5. Which of the following do Alice and Dorcas NOT banter about?
(a) Dorcas is the daughter of an aristocrat.
(b) Alice is Dorcas' teacher.
(c) Which one has a better sense of humor.
(d) Aristocrats are generally stupid.
6. What does Brock ask Alice to get out of a drawer?
(d) Deck of cards.
7. Who is the first character to appear in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A priest.
(c) A delivery man.
8. What does Susan say she will do if Brock doesn't get a better job?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Divorce him.
(d) Get a job herself.
9. What is the topic of conversation between Susan and Charleson?
(a) Brock's mental health.
(b) Brock's potential for advancement.
(c) Brock's wardrobe allowance.
(d) Brock's dangerous assignments.
10. Whose funeral have Brock and Alice just attended?
11. Who is giving a radio interview as Act 2, Scene 9 begins?
12. The priest speaks about the _____________ of life.
13. What does Susan ask Lazar to do before she leaves?
(a) Tell her he loves her.
(b) Hold her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Close her suitcase.
14. What is Alice doing as she sits at a table?
(a) Stuffs envelopes.
(b) Reads a magazine.
(c) Writes letters.
(d) Drinks tea.
15. What does the Frenchman say he is going to do?
(a) Sell his farm.
(b) Move to the city.
(c) Move to a bigger farm.
(d) Stay on his farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has Brock been in a relationship with Susan?
2. Which of the following does Charleson say Brock does NOT have?
3. Who is Alice's lover?
4. Which of the following is NOT a topic of conversation between Brock and Alice?
5. What is the setting as Act 2, Scene 11 ends?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)