|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Lazar reconnected with Susan?
(a) He read her newspaper column.
(b) He heard her on a radio broadcast.
(c) He saw her picture in a magazine.
(d) He read her divorce notice.
2. What does the Frenchman say about the English?
(a) They have really bad teeth.
(b) They are hard to understand.
(c) They are very polite.
(d) They always hide their feelings.
3. Which of the following is NOT a topic of conversation between Brock and Alice?
(a) How dusty the house is.
(b) The weather.
(c) How grim funerals are.
(d) How the house is unused.
4. In what year does Act 1, Scene 7 take place?
5. Why have Susan and Lazar returned to France?
(a) To get married.
(b) To start a business.
(c) For a tribute to their war comrades.
(d) To establish an orphanage.
6. How many years has Brock been in a relationship with Susan?
7. The priest speaks about the _____________ of life.
8. What does Dorcas want and can't afford?
(a) A new car.
(b) A new wardrobe.
(c) A house.
(d) An abortion.
9. What does Susan say is the only real dignity in life?
(a) Honoring your parents.
(b) Living single.
(c) Being philanthropic.
(d) Raising good children.
10. What does Lazar say that a good undercover agent never does?
(a) Leaves a paper trail.
(b) Wears bright clothing.
(c) Talks on a landline phone.
(d) Lets people know that he has been in a place.
11. Susan finally gets the Frenchman to admit that he is ______________.
12. Where have Susan and Brock been on a diplomatic mission?
13. Why does Susan say she married her husband?
(a) He had money.
(b) He had connections.
(c) He got her out of being arrested.
(d) He was the most handsome thing she had ever seen.
14. With whom is Susan lying on a bed?
15. Charleson tells Susan that Brock is perceived as __________.
(a) A risk taker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Frenchman say he is going to do?
2. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 10?
3. Which of the following does Brock NOT accuse Susan of?
4. Why is Susan going into town?
5. Who is the first character to appear in Act 2, Scene 8?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)