|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Susan go at the end of the play?
(a) To the Frenchman's home.
(b) To a bar.
(c) To a cafe.
(d) To her apartment.
2. The priest speaks about the _____________ of life.
3. Which of the following does Charleson say Brock does NOT have?
4. In what country does Act 2, Scene 12 take place?
5. What does the radio interviewer ask Susan if she does?
(a) Visit a psychiatrist.
(b) Keep in contact with other Resistance agents.
(c) Go to battlegrounds.
(d) Keep journal notes.
6. How had Lazar reconnected with Susan?
(a) He read her newspaper column.
(b) He saw her picture in a magazine.
(c) He read her divorce notice.
(d) He heard her on a radio broadcast.
7. What does Susan indirectly offer Charleson in exchange for a promotion for Brock?
(a) A house.
(b) A car.
(c) Sexual favors.
8. Who is Brock's wife?
9. Who is giving a radio interview as Act 2, Scene 9 begins?
10. Which of the following does Brock NOT accuse Susan of?
(a) Determined to destroy other people's happiness.
(b) Never facing life.
(c) Being overly generous.
(d) Being selfish.
11. Whose funeral have Brock and Alice just attended?
12. Which of the following is NOT a topic of conversation between Brock and Alice?
(a) How dusty the house is.
(b) How the house is unused.
(c) The weather.
(d) How grim funerals are.
13. What does the Frenchman say about the English?
(a) They are very polite.
(b) They are hard to understand.
(c) They always hide their feelings.
(d) They have really bad teeth.
14. Which of the following do Alice and Brock NOT talk about?
(a) How restless Susan is.
(b) The need to get new passports.
(c) A sex change operation that a friend of Alice's has had.
(d) How Alice's latest girlfriend has run off to be with a politician.
15. What is the occasion in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) A bon voyage party.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A dinner party.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Susan say she got blood on her hands?
2. Who arrives late for the dinner party?
3. What does the Frenchman say he is going to do?
4. What does Susan ask Lazar to do before she leaves?
5. What is Alice doing as she sits at a table?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)