|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives late for the dinner party?
2. Which of the following do Alice and Dorcas NOT banter about?
(a) Aristocrats are generally stupid.
(b) Which one has a better sense of humor.
(c) Alice is Dorcas' teacher.
(d) Dorcas is the daughter of an aristocrat.
3. What does the Frenchman say his wife will be cooking?
4. What does the radio interviewer ask Susan if she does?
(a) Keep in contact with other Resistance agents.
(b) Go to battlegrounds.
(c) Visit a psychiatrist.
(d) Keep journal notes.
5. Who does Susan tell the Frenchman to look at?
(a) His wife.
(c) The birds.
(d) The children.
6. In what country does Act 2, Scene 12 take place?
7. Who is hosting the dinner party?
8. Who is the British Prime Minister that Darwin feels is to blame for the British problems?
9. How had Lazar reconnected with Susan?
(a) He saw her picture in a magazine.
(b) He heard her on a radio broadcast.
(c) He read her divorce notice.
(d) He read her newspaper column.
10. Why does Susan say she married her husband?
(a) He had connections.
(b) He was the most handsome thing she had ever seen.
(c) He had money.
(d) He got her out of being arrested.
11. What does Susan tell Darwin he can forget all about?
(a) The Panama Canal.
(b) The Bering Strait.
(c) The Isthmus of Panama.
(d) The Suez Canal.
12. What does Darwin tell Brock almost guarantees a promotion in the diplomatic service?
(a) Family connections.
(b) A trust fund.
(c) Military service.
(d) A mad wife.
13. Charleson tells Susan that Brock is perceived as __________.
(a) A risk taker.
14. What does Susan ask Lazar to do before she leaves?
(a) Close her suitcase.
(b) Tell her he loves her.
(c) Hold her.
(d) Kiss her.
15. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) A jazz club.
(b) Susan and Brock's house.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) Charleson's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Darwin is angry about England's problems as a result of their invasion of ___________________.
2. Who is Brock's wife?
3. What does Susan say she will do if Brock doesn't get a better job?
4. The Frenchman says it is _____________ to hide your feelings.
5. Why was Susan being arrested?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)