|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan suggest that they do with the house?
(a) Give it to Alice to use as a shelter for troubled women.
(b) Tear it down and start over.
(c) Donate it to the city for a museum.
(d) Sell it to Charleson.
2. Who does Susan tell the Frenchman to look at?
(a) The children.
(b) His wife.
(c) The birds.
3. What does Susan say is the only real dignity in life?
(a) Raising good children.
(b) Living single.
(c) Honoring your parents.
(d) Being philanthropic.
4. In what country does Act 2, Scene 12 take place?
5. How much time has passed since Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) A few months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) A couple of hours.
6. Why have Susan and Lazar returned to France?
(a) To get married.
(b) For a tribute to their war comrades.
(c) To establish an orphanage.
(d) To start a business.
7. Which of the following do Alice and Dorcas NOT banter about?
(a) Aristocrats are generally stupid.
(b) Which one has a better sense of humor.
(c) Dorcas is the daughter of an aristocrat.
(d) Alice is Dorcas' teacher.
8. What do Alice and Brock do in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Open a shop.
(b) Go dancing.
(c) Remove dustsheets from furniture.
(d) Eat dinner.
9. Why is Susan going into town?
(a) For a birthday party.
(b) For a wedding.
(c) For a party celebrating the liberation.
(d) For an anniversary party.
10. Where have Susan and Brock been on a diplomatic mission?
11. What does Darwin tell Brock almost guarantees a promotion in the diplomatic service?
(a) A mad wife.
(b) A trust fund.
(c) Military service.
(d) Family connections.
12. In what year does Act 2, Scene 12 take place?
13. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) Susan and Brock's house.
(b) A jazz club.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) Charleson's office.
14. Who does Susan encounter in France?
(a) A Frenchman.
15. The Frenchman says it is _____________ to hide your feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives late for the dinner party?
2. What does Susan say she will do if Brock doesn't get a better job?
3. Which of the following do Alice and Brock NOT talk about?
4. Which of the following does Brock NOT say about his life?
5. What does Dorcas want and can't afford?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)