|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan indirectly offer Charleson in exchange for a promotion for Brock?
(a) A house.
(c) Sexual favors.
(d) A car.
2. Who arrives late for the dinner party?
3. Charleson tells Susan that Brock is perceived as __________.
(a) A risk taker.
4. How many years has Brock been in a relationship with Susan?
5. Where does Susan go at the end of the play?
(a) To a bar.
(b) To a cafe.
(c) To the Frenchman's home.
(d) To her apartment.
6. What does Alice say is one of her biggest fears?
(a) Driving over bridges.
(b) Taking elevators.
(d) Being buried alive.
7. Who does Charleson call when Susan threatens suicide?
(a) His assistant.
(b) Building security.
(c) The police.
8. Who does Charleson encourage Susan to see?
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A doctor.
9. The priest speaks about the _____________ of life.
10. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 10?
(a) A jazz club.
(b) Charleson's office.
(c) Susan and Brock's house.
(d) A bookstore.
11. For what reason does Alice say that Dorcas needs the money?
(a) To pay the IRS.
(b) To bail out her brother.
(c) To pay for her mother's surgery.
(d) For an operation on her hands.
12. Who is Brock's wife?
13. Who is giving a radio interview as Act 2, Scene 9 begins?
14. Which of the following do Alice and Dorcas NOT banter about?
(a) Dorcas is the daughter of an aristocrat.
(b) Alice is Dorcas' teacher.
(c) Which one has a better sense of humor.
(d) Aristocrats are generally stupid.
15. Why is Susan going into town?
(a) For an anniversary party.
(b) For a party celebrating the liberation.
(c) For a wedding.
(d) For a birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brock think made his civil service job easier?
2. Which of the following do Alice and Brock NOT talk about?
3. Which of the following is NOT a topic of conversation between Brock and Alice?
4. What does Alice think is enough of a career in her life?
5. What does Darwin ask Brock about Susan's behavior?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)