|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lazar ask Susan?
(a) If she remembers what happened between them.
(b) If she will return to France with him.
(c) If she will move in with him.
(d) If she will marry him.
2. Who is the first character to appear in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) A delivery man.
(b) A priest.
(c) A soldier.
3. Which of the following does Brock NOT say about his life?
(a) Learning to live on less money.
(b) Leaving his job.
(c) His divorce from Susan.
(d) A simpler life will be better for Susan and him.
4. Which of the following does Charleson say Brock does NOT have?
5. What does Dorcas want and can't afford?
(a) A new car.
(b) A new wardrobe.
(c) A house.
(d) An abortion.
6. What does Darwin ask Brock about Susan's behavior?
(a) If she is drunk.
(b) If she is sleep deprived.
(c) If she is mentally ill.
(d) If she is jet lagged.
7. What do Alice and Brock do in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Go dancing.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Open a shop.
(d) Remove dustsheets from furniture.
8. Charleson tells Susan that Brock is perceived as __________.
(b) A risk taker.
9. Darwin is angry about England's problems as a result of their invasion of ___________________.
(d) The Suez Canal.
10. What does Susan suggest that they do with the house?
(a) Donate it to the city for a museum.
(b) Tear it down and start over.
(c) Sell it to Charleson.
(d) Give it to Alice to use as a shelter for troubled women.
11. What does Brock think made his civil service job easier?
(d) Cocktail parties.
12. The Frenchman says it is _____________ to hide your feelings.
13. What is the occasion in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) A bon voyage party.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A funeral.
14. In what year does Act 2, Scene 12 take place?
15. What does Susan say she will do if Brock doesn't get a better job?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Divorce him.
(d) Get a job herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Act 1, Scene 7 take place?
2. What does Darwin tell Brock almost guarantees a promotion in the diplomatic service?
3. What are the children doing?
4. Why have Susan and Lazar returned to France?
5. For what reason does Alice say that Dorcas needs the money?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)