|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom are Susan and Lazar working?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Resistance.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Gestapo.
2. How does Lazar try to comfort Susan?
(a) Gives her cigarettes.
(b) Sings to her.
(c) Gives her wine.
(d) Holds her.
3. What is being broadcast on the radio as the scene begins?
(a) An opera.
(b) A comedy show.
(c) A Christmas program.
(d) A coded message.
4. Which of the following things does Susan NOT do in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Feigns a heart attack.
(b) Takes out a revolver.
(c) Runs onstage.
(d) Speaks in French.
5. Why does Susan want to get pregnant?
(a) All her friends have babies.
(b) Her mother is pressuring her.
(c) She is getting older.
(d) Her life is boring.
6. What is Darwin doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Drinking brandy.
(b) Making morturary arrangements.
(c) Taking a nap.
(d) Smoking a cigarette.
7. Why did Mick want to see Susan?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) Because he wanted to see the baby.
(c) Because it is New Year's Eve.
(d) Because he wants her to marry him.
8. Susan tells Brock more about ___________________.
(a) Her time in the war.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her favorite books.
(d) Her medical history.
9. Where does Lazar recall seeing Susan before?
(a) In a recruitment office.
(b) In a cafe.
(c) In church.
(d) In a bar.
10. In what year does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
11. What does Susan hint that Brock can bring back for her from Morocco?
12. What does Susan make for Brock when he wakes up?
13. Mick suggests that Susan thinks ___________________.
(a) He didn't really want her to get pregnant.
(b) He is a bad lover.
(c) It's his fault that she is not pregnant.
(d) He is too young to father a child.
14. Susan's life seems to be ________________.
15. What is Susan using for her advertising?
(a) Newspaper ad.
(b) Barrage balloon.
(c) Sandwich board.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who retrieves the package dropped by the plane overhead?
2. In what country does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
3. What does Brock advise Susan to do?
4. Where does Brock ask Susan to go?
5. In what country does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)