|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the bureaucrat with whom Susan meets?
2. What is Susan using for her advertising?
(a) Newspaper ad.
(b) Sandwich board.
(d) Barrage balloon.
3. What does Susan offer Alice?
(a) A coat.
(d) Tips on how to function in the apartment.
4. What is Alice's job?
5. What does Mick do when Susan shoots the gun?
(a) Shoots at her.
(b) Drops to the floor in terror.
(d) Runs away.
6. In what country does the play begin?
7. What does Susan reveal about Tony?
(a) He was a Nazi.
(b) He was her brother.
(c) They were not married.
(d) He was gay.
8. Susan tells Brock more about ___________________.
(a) Her favorite books.
(b) Her time in the war.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her medical history.
9. Which of the following topics do Alice and Brock NOT talk about?
(a) The gifts that Brock brings.
(b) Alice's not having a place to live.
(c) Alice's job search.
(d) Money is easy to come by for Brock.
10. What does Susan call Brock's fellow diplomats?
11. What does Mick say that Susan enjoyed about having sex with him?
(a) The drama of it.
(b) The emotional pain.
(c) The secrecy.
(d) The special games.
12. What does Susan tell Alice before she leaves?
(a) Turn off the lights.
(b) Lock the door behind me.
(c) Open a window.
(d) Everything will be all right.
13. What does Susan make for Brock when he wakes up?
14. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Mick's apartment.
(b) Susan's apartment.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A jazz club.
15. What is the name of Susan's dead husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan complain about?
2. What does Susan do as Mick rants and refuses to leave the apartment?
3. What does Susan say that she and Tony both missed?
4. What is Darwin doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Who is Susan's friend who has been taken to a Nazi prison camp?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)