|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan tell Alice before she leaves?
(a) Open a window.
(b) Everything will be all right.
(c) Lock the door behind me.
(d) Turn off the lights.
2. What does Susan call Brock's fellow diplomats?
3. What does Alice offer Susan?
4. What is being broadcast on the radio as the scene begins?
(a) A coded message.
(b) A comedy show.
(c) A Christmas program.
(d) An opera.
5. In what month does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
(a) June 1960.
(b) June 1947.
(c) December 1945.
(d) September 1954.
6. What does Susan invite Mick to do?
(a) Watch the fireworks.
(b) Have Christmas dinner.
(c) Vist her parents' home.
(d) Go to a friend's wedding.
7. In what country does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
8. In what year does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
9. What purpose did a barrage balloon have during the war?
(b) Weapons transport.
(c) Troop transport.
(d) Drop bombs.
10. What does the Frenchman say that France does not need?
(b) More wine.
(c) Financial help.
(d) Help from the British.
11. Who appears in the scene and tries to disentangle from a parachute?
12. Susan takes a break from packing to do what?
(a) Eat lunch.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Smoke a cigarette.
13. What does Mick say that Susan enjoyed about having sex with him?
(a) The emotional pain.
(b) The secrecy.
(c) The special games.
(d) The drama of it.
14. What does Brock advise Susan to do?
(a) Return to America.
(b) See a psychiatrist.
(c) Buy a house.
(d) Get on with her life.
15. How long had Susan and Mick been trying to conceive a child?
(a) About a year.
(b) Almost ten years.
(c) Just a few months.
(d) A couple of years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan suggest she and Brock do for the winter?
2. According to Brock, Darwin is more concerned with ____________ than anything else.
3. Who retrieves the package dropped by the plane overhead?
4. What is Brock's job in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How many times does Susan shoot her gun into the ceiling?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)