Act 1, Scene 1
* In England in 1962, a man named Brock lies naked and sleeping while his wife, Susan, takes a break from packing to smoke a cigarette.
* A friend named Alice arrives with a takeout meal.
* She comments on the blood on Brock's face.
* Susan says that Brock is just medicated and drunk.
* Alice reminds Susan that Susan and Brock had had a fight but Susan says it was only a short one.
* Susan offers Alice some tips on how to function in the house and Alice asks Susan if she really must leave.
* Alice asks Susan what she should tell Brock when he wakes up and Susan tells her to tell him the truth and that everything will be all right.
* Susan leaves and Brock awakens and asks for breakfast.
Act 1, Scene 2
* In France in 1943 during World War II, a radio broadcast is heard--an English voice giving a...
This section contains 2,541 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)