Act 1, Scene 1
• In England in 1962, a man named Brock lies naked and sleeping while his wife, Susan, takes a break from packing to smoke a cigarette.
• A friend named Alice arrives with a takeout meal.
• She comments on the blood on Brock's face.
• Susan says that Brock is just medicated and drunk.
• Alice reminds Susan that Susan and Brock had had a fight but Susan says it was only a short one.
• Susan offers Alice some tips on how to function in the house and Alice asks Susan if she really must leave.
• Alice asks Susan what she should tell Brock when he wakes up and Susan tells her to tell him the truth and that everything will be all right.
• Susan leaves and Brock awakens and asks for breakfast.
Act 1, Scene 2
• In France in 1943 during World War II, a radio broadcast is heard--an English voice giving a...
This section contains 2,541 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)