|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the connection between Anna and this person?
2. What does this person tell Anna she will one day see?
3. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
4. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
5. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Anna when Dave leaves?
2. What does Anna tell Dave?
3. What time is it? How does Anna feel?
4. Who are Dave and his friends?
5. Who provides Anna a sense of future?
6. What does Dave encourage Anna to do?
7. Who arrives after Mary into the scene?
8. How is Ann, most of the time, when she tries to envision herself?
9. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
10. What form does Dave's regression take?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The main character's name is Anna Freeman.
Part 1) What is significant about her name?
Part 2) Does she believe she is free? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe she is free? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Anna's child provides a sense of future.
Part 1) Why does Anna believe this?
Part 2) Do you agree with Ann? Why or why not?
Part 3) What role do Anna and Mary's children play in the happiness of these women? Why?
Essay Topic 3
There is conflict in this play.
Part 1) Describe this conflict. How is it related to the theme?
Part 2) How does Anna deal with this conflict? Why does she handle it this way?
Part 3) Is the conflict resolved by the end of the play? If so, how? If not, why not?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)