|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna respond to this person this way about his invitation?
2. What does Anna think Dave will do?
3. Who does Harry suggest Anna would marry, if she were to marry anyone?
4. What does Tom use the arrival of this woman to do?
5. When Mary is about to ask Anna if she would like to go for some coffee, what stops her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom tell Ann she will one day see?
2. Who provides Anna a sense of future?
3. What are Dave's thoughts about Harry? How does Anna respond to Harry's comments?
4. What does Anna declare?
5. What is the setting of this play?
6. How does the scene end?
7. What does Anna tell Dave?
8. What does Harry tell Tom, while he is waiting for Mary to get ready to go out?
9. What does Dave lament?
10. What was Dave's role as a child, among his friends?
Essay Topic 1
The main character's name is Anna Freeman.
Part 1) What is significant about her name?
Part 2) Does she believe she is free? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe she is free? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There is hope for Anna at the end of the play.
Part 1) How does one know this?
Part 2) What hope is there for her?
Part 3) What do you believe will come of her? Why do you believe this? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
A man stands on the street corner near Anna's flat.
Part 1) What does Anna believe this man is doing? Why might she believe this?
Part 2) Why does Anna draw Tom's attention to this man?
Part 3) Why would this man do this? How is this man important to the story?
This section contains 1,424 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)