|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom tell Anna regarding her future?
2. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
3. About what is this play?
4. Who enters Anna's room?
5. While Harry waits for Mary to get ready to go out, what does Harry tell Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what is Harry tired? Why?
2. Who arrives after Mary into the scene?
3. What does Anna tell Dave?
4. How does the scene begin?
5. How does Anna speak during this game?
6. What does Dave encourage Anna to do?
7. Describe the beginning of the vision Anna had.
8. What does Anna tell Mary when Mary enters the room?
9. Who are Dave and his friends?
10. Describe Mary's entrance into the scene.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tom believes Anna will end up like Mary.
Part 1) How might she end up? How is this like Mary?
Part 2) What does this statement reveal about Tom?
Part 3) How does Anna react to this? Why does she react this way?
Essay Topic 2
Harry is an unhappily married man.
Part 1) Why is he unhappy in his marriage? How does he deal with this?
Part 2) Is this an effective way to deal with his unhappiness? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does Harry's situation relate to the theme?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of independence is very important.
Part 1) How is this a theme of the play?
Part 2) How does this theme affect each character? Why?
Part 3) Are they all capable of finding independence? Why or why not? Do they all want to be independent? Why or why not?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)