|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of PLAY WITH A TIGER?
2. When does the story take place?
3. How is Dave unique among Anna's male friends?
4. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
5. What does Anna do when Harry invites her to go out for a few drinks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry eventually do? Why?
2. What are Dave's thoughts about Harry? How does Anna respond to Harry's comments?
3. What does Anna tell Mary when Mary enters the room?
4. What does the newcomer announce?
5. Describe Mary's entrance into the scene.
6. What does Tom tell Ann she will one day see?
7. Why is Mary happy?
8. What form does Dave's regression take?
9. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
10. What was different one day, when she tried the same exercise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is irony in Anna's life.
Part 1) What is ironic about her life?
Part 2) Does she see this irony? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does what Anna wants and what Anna does conflict?
Essay Topic 2
Dave is not completely happy.
Part 1) Why is he not completely happy?
Part 2) What does he believe might make him happy? Why does he believe this?
Part 3) Do you believe he will be happy with the decision he makes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Anna loses control.
Part 1) How does she lose control? Why does she lose control?
Part 2) Does this seem to be something she does frequently? Why or why not?
Part 3) What does this break down reveal about her?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)