|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
2. What would Janet like Anna to do for her?
3. Before long, why does Dave arrive at Anna's building?
4. When does the story take place?
5. What does Tom tell Anna regarding her future?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dave arrives?
2. What does Tom tell Ann she will one day see?
3. What is the setting of this play?
4. How does Mary respond to Anna?
5. What was different one day, when she tried the same exercise?
6. How does Anna speak during this game?
7. How does the scene end?
8. Describe Mary's entrance into the scene.
9. What does the newcomer want from Anna?
10. What is revealed when the phone rings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna loses control.
Part 1) How does she lose control? Why does she lose control?
Part 2) Does this seem to be something she does frequently? Why or why not?
Part 3) What does this break down reveal about her?
Essay Topic 2
There is hope for Anna at the end of the play.
Part 1) How does one know this?
Part 2) What hope is there for her?
Part 3) What do you believe will come of her? Why do you believe this? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Anna and Dave play as children.
Part 1) Why do they do this? Have they done this before? How do you know this?
Part 2) What does this exercise reveal about these two characters?
Part 3) What is the significance of this exercise?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)