Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
2. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
3. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
4. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
5. What is this person doing later tonight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry tell Tom, while he is waiting for Mary to get ready to go out?
2. What does Anna tell Dave?
3. What does the newcomer announce?
4. Why is Mary happy?
5. How does Anna speak during this game?
6. What does Tom tell Ann she will one day see?
7. How does Mary respond to Anna?
8. What does Dave admit he will do? Of what does he accuse Anna?
9. How does the scene end?
10. What happens to Anna when Dave leaves?
Essay Topic 1
Anna chooses a less conventional role than that found in many marriages.
Part 1) Why does she do this?
Part 2) Does this make her life more difficult? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is this choice affected by those around her?
Essay Topic 2
Anna loses control.
Part 1) How does she lose control? Why does she lose control?
Part 2) Does this seem to be something she does frequently? Why or why not?
Part 3) What does this break down reveal about her?
Essay Topic 3
Anna and Mary have much in common.
Part 1) What do they have in common? Why do they have this in common?
Part 2) What is the author's purpose for these similarities?
Part 3) Will Anna end up like Mary? Why or why not?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)