|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
2. When does the play begin?
3. What does this man think Anna needs?
4. What would Janet like Anna to do for her?
5. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dave arrives?
2. What does Tom do at this point in the story?
3. Describe the beginning of the vision Anna had.
4. What game do Anna and Dave play?
5. How did Anna end up bleeding?
6. Who is the newcomer?
7. What time is it? How does Anna feel?
8. What form does Dave's regression take?
9. Why are Tom and Anna arguing?
10. How does the second act open?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna's child provides a sense of future.
Part 1) Why does Anna believe this?
Part 2) Do you agree with Ann? Why or why not?
Part 3) What role do Anna and Mary's children play in the happiness of these women? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Anna loses control.
Part 1) How does she lose control? Why does she lose control?
Part 2) Does this seem to be something she does frequently? Why or why not?
Part 3) What does this break down reveal about her?
Essay Topic 3
The play is innovative.
Part 1) How is the play innovative?
Part 2) How does this play, like its main character, differ from others at this time?
Part 3) Why might the author have written this play? What message does this play send to the reader or viewer?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)