|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
2. What does Anna think Dave will do?
3. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
4. What does Janet announce?
5. Why has Janet tricked him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What form does Dave's regression take?
2. How does the scene end?
3. Describe Mary's entrance into the scene.
4. How does her vision end?
5. How does Dave feel about his therapist's suggestions?
6. What interrupts Anna and Harry's conversation?
7. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
8. What does Anna declare?
9. How are Anna and Dave united in their desires?
10. What does Harry tell Tom, while he is waiting for Mary to get ready to go out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dave decides to marry Janet.
Part 1) Why does he decide to marry Janet?
Part 2) Is this a good decision? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this decision affect Anna? Why does it affect her this way?
Essay Topic 2
There is hope for Anna at the end of the play.
Part 1) How does one know this?
Part 2) What hope is there for her?
Part 3) What do you believe will come of her? Why do you believe this? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Anna's child provides a sense of future.
Part 1) Why does Anna believe this?
Part 2) Do you agree with Ann? Why or why not?
Part 3) What role do Anna and Mary's children play in the happiness of these women? Why?
This section contains 1,436 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)