|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of PLAY WITH A TIGER?
2. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
3. What does this play have to do with women?
4. What does Anna think Dave will do?
5. What issue does the person put aside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who provides Anna a sense of future?
2. What does Tom say to Anna when Mary leaves to answer the door?
3. What is the setting of this play?
4. What does the newcomer want from Anna?
5. What does Harry eventually do? Why?
6. What happens to Anna when Dave leaves?
7. What does Anna do when Harry enters her room?
8. What does Tom do at this point in the story?
9. What does Harry tell Tom, while he is waiting for Mary to get ready to go out?
10. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna's husband has died.
Part 1) How might he have died? Why?
Part 2) How has his death affected her? Has she been able to move on? Why or why not?
Part 3) Will she eventually marry again? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Anna loses control.
Part 1) How does she lose control? Why does she lose control?
Part 2) Does this seem to be something she does frequently? Why or why not?
Part 3) What does this break down reveal about her?
Essay Topic 3
There is conflict in this play.
Part 1) Describe this conflict. How is it related to the theme?
Part 2) How does Anna deal with this conflict? Why does she handle it this way?
Part 3) Is the conflict resolved by the end of the play? If so, how? If not, why not?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)