|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters Anna's room?
2. What does Janet announce?
3. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
4. Who is Harry Paine?
5. How is Tom correct in his comment to Harry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave say about a therapist?
2. How does the scene end?
3. What happens when Dave arrives?
4. Who arrives after Mary into the scene?
5. What does Dave do when the phone rings again?
6. What does Harry tell Tom, while he is waiting for Mary to get ready to go out?
7. How does Mary respond to Anna?
8. How does Anna feel at this point in the game?
9. What was beneficial about Dave's group's association?
10. What form does Dave's regression take?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna and Mary have much in common.
Part 1) What do they have in common? Why do they have this in common?
Part 2) What is the author's purpose for these similarities?
Part 3) Will Anna end up like Mary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
A man stands on the street corner near Anna's flat.
Part 1) What does Anna believe this man is doing? Why might she believe this?
Part 2) Why does Anna draw Tom's attention to this man?
Part 3) Why would this man do this? How is this man important to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Dave is not completely happy.
Part 1) Why is he not completely happy?
Part 2) What does he believe might make him happy? Why does he believe this?
Part 3) Do you believe he will be happy with the decision he makes? Why or why not?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)