|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is this person doing later tonight?
2. What does Janet know about Anna?
3. How is Tom correct in his comment to Harry?
4. What issue does the person put aside?
5. What does this person tell Anna she will one day see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the newcomer want from Anna?
2. What is revealed when the phone rings?
3. What form does Dave's regression take?
4. How is Ann, most of the time, when she tries to envision herself?
5. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
6. How does the play begin?
7. What does Dave do when the phone rings again?
8. What is over between Anna and Dave?
9. Why are Tom and Anna arguing?
10. What does Dave lament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna and Mary have much in common.
Part 1) What do they have in common? Why do they have this in common?
Part 2) What is the author's purpose for these similarities?
Part 3) Will Anna end up like Mary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Dave is not completely happy.
Part 1) Why is he not completely happy?
Part 2) What does he believe might make him happy? Why does he believe this?
Part 3) Do you believe he will be happy with the decision he makes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Harry is an unhappily married man.
Part 1) Why is he unhappy in his marriage? How does he deal with this?
Part 2) Is this an effective way to deal with his unhappiness? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does Harry's situation relate to the theme?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)