|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Janet Stevens arrived?
2. What does Tom use the arrival of this woman to do?
3. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
4. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
5. What does this person tell Anna she will one day see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anna tell Mary when Mary enters the room?
2. What was different one day, when she tried the same exercise?
3. What does Anna tell Dave?
4. How did Anna end up bleeding?
5. What was Dave's role as a child, among his friends?
6. How does the second act open?
7. How does the scene end?
8. How does the play begin?
9. Who is the newcomer?
10. What does the newcomer want from Anna?
Essay Topic 1
The theme of independence is very important.
Part 1) How is this a theme of the play?
Part 2) How does this theme affect each character? Why?
Part 3) Are they all capable of finding independence? Why or why not? Do they all want to be independent? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Dave decides to marry Janet.
Part 1) Why does he decide to marry Janet?
Part 2) Is this a good decision? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this decision affect Anna? Why does it affect her this way?
Essay Topic 3
Anna and Tom are vastly different.
Part 1) Describe both characters. Are they able to understand one another? Why or why not?
Part 2) Why might these two vastly different people have dated in the first place?
Part 3) Could their marriage have worked? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,400 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)