|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
2. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
3. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
4. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
5. What is this person doing later tonight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry tell Tom, while he is waiting for Mary to get ready to go out?
2. What does Anna tell Dave?
3. What does the newcomer announce?
4. Why is Mary happy?
5. How does Anna speak during this game?
6. What does Tom tell Ann she will one day see?
7. How does Mary respond to Anna?
8. What does Dave admit he will do? Of what does he accuse Anna?
9. How does the scene end?
10. What happens to Anna when Dave leaves?
Essay Topic 1
Anna and Tom are vastly different.
Part 1) Describe both characters. Are they able to understand one another? Why or why not?
Part 2) Why might these two vastly different people have dated in the first place?
Part 3) Could their marriage have worked? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There is irony in Anna's life.
Part 1) What is ironic about her life?
Part 2) Does she see this irony? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does what Anna wants and what Anna does conflict?
Essay Topic 3
Tom believes Anna will end up like Mary.
Part 1) How might she end up? How is this like Mary?
Part 2) What does this statement reveal about Tom?
Part 3) How does Anna react to this? Why does she react this way?
This section contains 1,375 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)