|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the man stand there every night?
2. What is the connection between Anna and this person?
3. Who enters Anna's room?
4. What does Anna's cool demeanor do to Dave?
5. Why has Janet Stevens arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry tell Tom, while he is waiting for Mary to get ready to go out?
2. How is Ann, most of the time, when she tries to envision herself?
3. What was different one day, when she tried the same exercise?
4. How does the play begin?
5. How does Anna speak during this game?
6. Who is heard returning?
7. What does Dave say about a therapist?
8. What does Dave admit he will do? Of what does he accuse Anna?
9. How is Dave Miller first mentioned?
10. What does Tom say to Anna when Mary leaves to answer the door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna's husband has died.
Part 1) How might he have died? Why?
Part 2) How has his death affected her? Has she been able to move on? Why or why not?
Part 3) Will she eventually marry again? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Harry is an unhappily married man.
Part 1) Why is he unhappy in his marriage? How does he deal with this?
Part 2) Is this an effective way to deal with his unhappiness? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does Harry's situation relate to the theme?
Essay Topic 3
Anna loses control.
Part 1) How does she lose control? Why does she lose control?
Part 2) Does this seem to be something she does frequently? Why or why not?
Part 3) What does this break down reveal about her?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)