|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janet know about Anna?
2. Why is Harry at Anna's flat?
3. Before long, why does Dave arrive at Anna's building?
4. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
5. How is Tom correct in his comment to Harry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harry unhappy?
2. What does Anna tell Mary when Mary enters the room?
3. How does her vision end?
4. What does Tom tell Ann she will one day see?
5. What is revealed when the phone rings?
6. Why is Mary happy?
7. What does the newcomer want from Anna?
8. What does Tom say to Anna when Mary leaves to answer the door?
9. How is Dave Miller first mentioned?
10. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The main character's name is Anna Freeman.
Part 1) What is significant about her name?
Part 2) Does she believe she is free? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe she is free? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Anna is drawn to Dave.
Part 1) Describe Dave. To what is Anna drawn about him? How do you know this?
Part 2) Is he enough for her? Why or why not?
Part 3) Could she have been happy if she had married him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There is conflict in this play.
Part 1) Describe this conflict. How is it related to the theme?
Part 2) How does Anna deal with this conflict? Why does she handle it this way?
Part 3) Is the conflict resolved by the end of the play? If so, how? If not, why not?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)