|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Anna repelled?
2. Why does Mary leave?
3. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
4. What does Anna do when Harry invites her to go out for a few drinks?
5. What does Anna tell Tom regarding his last comment about her future?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting of this play?
2. Why is Harry unhappy?
3. What form does Dave's regression take?
4. What does Anna declare?
5. What is revealed when the phone rings?
6. What takes place between Anna and Dave just before he leaves?
7. What was Dave's role as a child, among his friends?
8. What does Harry tell Tom, while he is waiting for Mary to get ready to go out?
9. What happens to Anna when Dave leaves?
10. To whom does Dave believe Anna can commit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna's child provides a sense of future.
Part 1) Why does Anna believe this?
Part 2) Do you agree with Ann? Why or why not?
Part 3) What role do Anna and Mary's children play in the happiness of these women? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of independence is very important.
Part 1) How is this a theme of the play?
Part 2) How does this theme affect each character? Why?
Part 3) Are they all capable of finding independence? Why or why not? Do they all want to be independent? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Anna chooses a less conventional role than that found in many marriages.
Part 1) Why does she do this?
Part 2) Does this make her life more difficult? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is this choice affected by those around her?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)