Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
2. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
3. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
4. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
5. What is this person doing later tonight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry tell Tom, while he is waiting for Mary to get ready to go out?
2. What does Anna tell Dave?
3. What does the newcomer announce?
4. Why is Mary happy?
5. How does Anna speak during this game?
6. What does Tom tell Ann she will one day see?
7. How does Mary respond to Anna?
8. What does Dave admit he will do? Of what does he accuse Anna?
9. How does the scene end?
10. What happens to Anna when Dave leaves?
Essay Topic 1
Anna's husband has died.
Part 1) How might he have died? Why?
Part 2) How has his death affected her? Has she been able to move on? Why or why not?
Part 3) Will she eventually marry again? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The play is innovative.
Part 1) How is the play innovative?
Part 2) How does this play, like its main character, differ from others at this time?
Part 3) Why might the author have written this play? What message does this play send to the reader or viewer?
Essay Topic 3
Dave is not completely happy.
Part 1) Why is he not completely happy?
Part 2) What does he believe might make him happy? Why does he believe this?
Part 3) Do you believe he will be happy with the decision he makes? Why or why not?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)