|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before long, why does Dave arrive at Anna's building?
2. How might her future not be like this?
3. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
4. What happens after Dave finally wears down Anna's resistance?
5. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Dave's thoughts about Harry? How does Anna respond to Harry's comments?
2. How did Anna end up bleeding?
3. Who arrives after Mary into the scene?
4. Describe the beginning of the vision Anna had.
5. What does Dave admit he will do? Of what does he accuse Anna?
6. How does Anna feel at this point in the game?
7. What does Tom say to Anna when Mary leaves to answer the door?
8. Why are Tom and Anna arguing?
9. What does Dave do when the phone rings again?
10. What happens to Anna when Dave leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna is drawn to Dave.
Part 1) Describe Dave. To what is Anna drawn about him? How do you know this?
Part 2) Is he enough for her? Why or why not?
Part 3) Could she have been happy if she had married him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There is conflict in this play.
Part 1) Describe this conflict. How is it related to the theme?
Part 2) How does Anna deal with this conflict? Why does she handle it this way?
Part 3) Is the conflict resolved by the end of the play? If so, how? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
The play is innovative.
Part 1) How is the play innovative?
Part 2) How does this play, like its main character, differ from others at this time?
Part 3) Why might the author have written this play? What message does this play send to the reader or viewer?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)