|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom use the arrival of this woman to do?
2. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
3. Why has Janet Stevens arrived?
4. To whom is Harry married?
5. Why does the man stand there every night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the play begin?
2. What takes place between Anna and Dave just before he leaves?
3. How does the scene end?
4. What does Dave say about a therapist?
5. What was different one day, when she tried the same exercise?
6. How did Anna end up bleeding?
7. What does the newcomer announce?
8. What does Anna tell Dave?
9. What happens when Dave arrives?
10. How does her vision end?
Essay Topic 1
Anna and Dave play as children.
Part 1) Why do they do this? Have they done this before? How do you know this?
Part 2) What does this exercise reveal about these two characters?
Part 3) What is the significance of this exercise?
Essay Topic 2
Anna is drawn to Dave.
Part 1) Describe Dave. To what is Anna drawn about him? How do you know this?
Part 2) Is he enough for her? Why or why not?
Part 3) Could she have been happy if she had married him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Dave is not completely happy.
Part 1) Why is he not completely happy?
Part 2) What does he believe might make him happy? Why does he believe this?
Part 3) Do you believe he will be happy with the decision he makes? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,457 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)