|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
2. Why is Harry at Anna's flat?
3. Who is Harry Paine?
4. Why is Anna repelled?
5. What is the connection between Anna and this person?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mary happy?
2. How does the play begin?
3. Who is the newcomer?
4. What are Dave's thoughts about Harry? How does Anna respond to Harry's comments?
5. What does Anna tell Mary when Mary enters the room?
6. What does Anna declare?
7. What was beneficial about Dave's group's association?
8. What happens to Anna when Dave leaves?
9. Why is Harry unhappy?
10. What time is it? How does Anna feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tom believes Anna will end up like Mary.
Part 1) How might she end up? How is this like Mary?
Part 2) What does this statement reveal about Tom?
Part 3) How does Anna react to this? Why does she react this way?
Essay Topic 2
Dave is not completely happy.
Part 1) Why is he not completely happy?
Part 2) What does he believe might make him happy? Why does he believe this?
Part 3) Do you believe he will be happy with the decision he makes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There is irony in Anna's life.
Part 1) What is ironic about her life?
Part 2) Does she see this irony? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does what Anna wants and what Anna does conflict?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)