|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters Anna's room?
2. How is Tom correct in his comment to Harry?
3. Why has Janet Stevens arrived?
4. What does Janet announce?
5. What is the connection between Anna and this person?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
2. How does Dave feel about his therapist's suggestions?
3. What time is it? How does Anna feel?
4. Describe Mary's entrance into the scene.
5. How does the scene end?
6. How does her vision end?
7. What does Dave say about a therapist?
8. How are Anna and Dave united in their desires?
9. What game do Anna and Dave play?
10. Who arrives after Mary into the scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry is an unhappily married man.
Part 1) Why is he unhappy in his marriage? How does he deal with this?
Part 2) Is this an effective way to deal with his unhappiness? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does Harry's situation relate to the theme?
Essay Topic 2
Anna chooses a less conventional role than that found in many marriages.
Part 1) Why does she do this?
Part 2) Does this make her life more difficult? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is this choice affected by those around her?
Essay Topic 3
Dave decides to marry Janet.
Part 1) Why does he decide to marry Janet?
Part 2) Is this a good decision? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this decision affect Anna? Why does it affect her this way?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)