|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
2. What does Janet announce?
3. Why does the man stand there every night?
4. What does this person say she will regret?
5. What does Anna do when this person invites her along?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anna change the subject?
2. Why is Harry unhappy?
3. Who is heard returning?
4. What form does Dave's regression take?
5. Who are Dave and his friends?
6. How does the scene end?
7. What does Tom do at this point in the story?
8. How does the scene begin?
9. What does Dave admit he will do? Of what does he accuse Anna?
10. What does Dave lament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tom believes Anna will end up like Mary.
Part 1) How might she end up? How is this like Mary?
Part 2) What does this statement reveal about Tom?
Part 3) How does Anna react to this? Why does she react this way?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of independence is very important.
Part 1) How is this a theme of the play?
Part 2) How does this theme affect each character? Why?
Part 3) Are they all capable of finding independence? Why or why not? Do they all want to be independent? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Anna and Tom are vastly different.
Part 1) Describe both characters. Are they able to understand one another? Why or why not?
Part 2) Why might these two vastly different people have dated in the first place?
Part 3) Could their marriage have worked? Why or why not?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)