|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this person implore Anna to do?
2. What issue does the person put aside?
3. Where does Anna draw this person's attention?
4. What is the one exception regarding Tom's comment to Harry?
5. Before long, why does Dave arrive at Anna's building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave lament?
2. Who is heard returning?
3. How does Anna feel at this point in the game?
4. Why are Tom and Anna arguing?
5. Why is Harry unhappy?
6. What does Anna do when Harry enters her room?
7. How does her vision end?
8. What was different one day, when she tried the same exercise?
9. How does the scene begin?
10. How does Anna change the subject?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play is innovative.
Part 1) How is the play innovative?
Part 2) How does this play, like its main character, differ from others at this time?
Part 3) Why might the author have written this play? What message does this play send to the reader or viewer?
Essay Topic 2
Harry is an unhappily married man.
Part 1) Why is he unhappy in his marriage? How does he deal with this?
Part 2) Is this an effective way to deal with his unhappiness? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does Harry's situation relate to the theme?
Essay Topic 3
Anna is drawn to Dave.
Part 1) Describe Dave. To what is Anna drawn about him? How do you know this?
Part 2) Is he enough for her? Why or why not?
Part 3) Could she have been happy if she had married him? Why or why not?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)