|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
2. Who does Harry suggest Anna would marry, if she were to marry anyone?
3. What does Anna tell Tom regarding his last comment about her future?
4. Why does Harry say this to Tom?
5. What does Janet announce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anna tell Mary when Mary enters the room?
2. Who are Dave and his friends?
3. How does the second act open?
4. What was Dave's role as a child, among his friends?
5. Who provides Anna a sense of future?
6. How does Anna feel at this point in the game?
7. What does the newcomer want from Anna?
8. What does Anna declare?
9. To whom does Dave believe Anna can commit?
10. Who arrives after Mary into the scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play is innovative.
Part 1) How is the play innovative?
Part 2) How does this play, like its main character, differ from others at this time?
Part 3) Why might the author have written this play? What message does this play send to the reader or viewer?
Essay Topic 2
Anna's child provides a sense of future.
Part 1) Why does Anna believe this?
Part 2) Do you agree with Ann? Why or why not?
Part 3) What role do Anna and Mary's children play in the happiness of these women? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Tom believes Anna will end up like Mary.
Part 1) How might she end up? How is this like Mary?
Part 2) What does this statement reveal about Tom?
Part 3) How does Anna react to this? Why does she react this way?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)