|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Harry at Anna's flat?
2. What does Anna do to make a living?
3. What does Janet announce?
4. While Harry waits for Mary to get ready to go out, what does Harry tell Tom?
5. Where is Anna's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anna speak during this game?
2. How are Anna and Dave united in their desires?
3. What does Tom tell Ann she will one day see?
4. What is the setting of this play?
5. How does her vision end?
6. What was Dave's role as a child, among his friends?
7. What does Dave encourage Anna to do?
8. Describe Mary's entrance into the scene.
9. What does Tom do at this point in the story?
10. What was different one day, when she tried the same exercise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna chooses a less conventional role than that found in many marriages.
Part 1) Why does she do this?
Part 2) Does this make her life more difficult? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is this choice affected by those around her?
Essay Topic 2
There is hope for Anna at the end of the play.
Part 1) How does one know this?
Part 2) What hope is there for her?
Part 3) What do you believe will come of her? Why do you believe this? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of independence is very important.
Part 1) How is this a theme of the play?
Part 2) How does this theme affect each character? Why?
Part 3) Are they all capable of finding independence? Why or why not? Do they all want to be independent? Why or why not?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)