|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna refuse to do?
2. What does Janet know about Anna?
3. With whom is Anna?
4. How is Tom correct in his comment to Harry?
5. Who is Harry Paine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mary happy?
2. How is Dave Miller first mentioned?
3. Of what is Harry tired? Why?
4. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
5. What does Dave admit he will do? Of what does he accuse Anna?
6. What happens to Anna when Dave leaves?
7. What does Harry eventually do? Why?
8. How does the play begin?
9. What does Anna do when Harry enters her room?
10. What time is it? How does Anna feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is hope for Anna at the end of the play.
Part 1) How does one know this?
Part 2) What hope is there for her?
Part 3) What do you believe will come of her? Why do you believe this? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
There is irony in Anna's life.
Part 1) What is ironic about her life?
Part 2) Does she see this irony? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does what Anna wants and what Anna does conflict?
Essay Topic 3
Dave is not completely happy.
Part 1) Why is he not completely happy?
Part 2) What does he believe might make him happy? Why does he believe this?
Part 3) Do you believe he will be happy with the decision he makes? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)