|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna predict about Dave?
2. Why does Mary leave?
3. What does this person say she will regret?
4. What does Anna's cool demeanor do to Dave?
5. When does the story take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry eventually do? Why?
2. How did Anna end up bleeding?
3. What is revealed when the phone rings?
4. What is over between Anna and Dave?
5. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
6. What does Tom do at this point in the story?
7. What are Dave's thoughts about Harry? How does Anna respond to Harry's comments?
8. How does the scene end?
9. Who is heard returning?
10. What does Anna declare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of independence is very important.
Part 1) How is this a theme of the play?
Part 2) How does this theme affect each character? Why?
Part 3) Are they all capable of finding independence? Why or why not? Do they all want to be independent? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Anna's child provides a sense of future.
Part 1) Why does Anna believe this?
Part 2) Do you agree with Ann? Why or why not?
Part 3) What role do Anna and Mary's children play in the happiness of these women? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Anna has a vision of a tiger.
Part 1) Describe this vision. How is this vision symbolic?
Part 2) Why might the author have chosen this as the title of the play?
Part 3) How is this tiger vision connected to the theme?
This section contains 1,362 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)