|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the play begin?
2. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
3. With whom is Anna?
4. What does this man think Anna needs?
5. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Anna and Dave united in their desires?
2. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
3. Who is heard returning?
4. What does Anna tell Dave?
5. What was different one day, when she tried the same exercise?
6. Who is the newcomer?
7. Who provides Anna a sense of future?
8. What game do Anna and Dave play?
9. What happens when Dave arrives?
10. How is Ann, most of the time, when she tries to envision herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1A man stands on the street corner near Anna's flat. Part 1) What does Anna believe this man is doing? Why might she believe this? Part 2) Why does Anna draw Tom's attention to this man? Part 3) Why would this man do this? How is this man important to the story?
Essay Topic 2Anna and Tom are vastly different. Part 1) Describe both characters. Are they able to understand one another? Why or why not? Part 2) Why might these two vastly different people have dated in the first place? Part 3) Could their marriage have worked? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3Dave decides to marry Janet. Part 1) Why does he decide to marry Janet? Part 2) Is this a good decision? Why or why not? Part 3) How does this decision affect Anna? Why does it affect her this way?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)