|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the play begin?
2. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
3. When does the story take place?
4. Who is the author of PLAY WITH A TIGER?
5. Who enters Anna's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What time is it? How does Anna feel?
2. What interrupts Anna and Harry's conversation?
3. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
4. How is Ann, most of the time, when she tries to envision herself?
5. What happens when Dave arrives?
6. What does Tom say to Anna when Mary leaves to answer the door?
7. What does Dave do when the phone rings again?
8. What does Dave encourage Anna to do?
9. How does Anna change the subject?
10. What does Dave say about a therapist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna has a vision of a tiger.
Part 1) Describe this vision. How is this vision symbolic?
Part 2) Why might the author have chosen this as the title of the play?
Part 3) How is this tiger vision connected to the theme?
Essay Topic 2
Anna loses control.
Part 1) How does she lose control? Why does she lose control?
Part 2) Does this seem to be something she does frequently? Why or why not?
Part 3) What does this break down reveal about her?
Essay Topic 3
A man stands on the street corner near Anna's flat.
Part 1) What does Anna believe this man is doing? Why might she believe this?
Part 2) Why does Anna draw Tom's attention to this man?
Part 3) Why would this man do this? How is this man important to the story?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)