|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
2. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
3. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
4. Why does Harry say this to Tom?
5. What is this person doing later tonight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave do when the phone rings again?
2. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
3. What was beneficial about Dave's group's association?
4. How does Dave feel about his therapist's suggestions?
5. Describe Mary's entrance into the scene.
6. How does the play begin?
7. What was different one day, when she tried the same exercise?
8. How does the scene begin?
9. What happens when Dave arrives?
10. How does the second act open?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna and Dave play as children.
Part 1) Why do they do this? Have they done this before? How do you know this?
Part 2) What does this exercise reveal about these two characters?
Part 3) What is the significance of this exercise?
Essay Topic 2
There is irony in Anna's life.
Part 1) What is ironic about her life?
Part 2) Does she see this irony? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does what Anna wants and what Anna does conflict?
Essay Topic 3
Dave is not completely happy.
Part 1) Why is he not completely happy?
Part 2) What does he believe might make him happy? Why does he believe this?
Part 3) Do you believe he will be happy with the decision he makes? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,429 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)