|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna think Dave will do?
2. Before long, why does Dave arrive at Anna's building?
3. What does Anna refuse to do?
4. Who does Harry suggest Anna would marry, if she were to marry anyone?
5. What does Tom use the arrival of this woman to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does her vision end?
2. Who are Dave and his friends?
3. What does Anna do when Harry enters her room?
4. Who provides Anna a sense of future?
5. What does Tom say to Anna when Mary leaves to answer the door?
6. Why is Mary happy?
7. Describe the beginning of the vision Anna had.
8. What does Dave do when the phone rings again?
9. What happens to Anna when Dave leaves?
10. How does Anna speak during this game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dave decides to marry Janet.
Part 1) Why does he decide to marry Janet?
Part 2) Is this a good decision? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this decision affect Anna? Why does it affect her this way?
Essay Topic 2
Anna has a vision of a tiger.
Part 1) Describe this vision. How is this vision symbolic?
Part 2) Why might the author have chosen this as the title of the play?
Part 3) How is this tiger vision connected to the theme?
Essay Topic 3
Anna is drawn to Dave.
Part 1) Describe Dave. To what is Anna drawn about him? How do you know this?
Part 2) Is he enough for her? Why or why not?
Part 3) Could she have been happy if she had married him? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,324 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)