Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
2. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
3. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
4. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
5. What is this person doing later tonight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry tell Tom, while he is waiting for Mary to get ready to go out?
2. What does Anna tell Dave?
3. What does the newcomer announce?
4. Why is Mary happy?
5. How does Anna speak during this game?
6. What does Tom tell Ann she will one day see?
7. How does Mary respond to Anna?
8. What does Dave admit he will do? Of what does he accuse Anna?
9. How does the scene end?
10. What happens to Anna when Dave leaves?
Essay Topic 1
Anna's husband has died.
Part 1) How might he have died? Why?
Part 2) How has his death affected her? Has she been able to move on? Why or why not?
Part 3) Will she eventually marry again? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
A man stands on the street corner near Anna's flat.
Part 1) What does Anna believe this man is doing? Why might she believe this?
Part 2) Why does Anna draw Tom's attention to this man?
Part 3) Why would this man do this? How is this man important to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Anna chooses a less conventional role than that found in many marriages.
Part 1) Why does she do this?
Part 2) Does this make her life more difficult? Why or why not?
Part 3) How is this choice affected by those around her?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)