|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Anna's son?
2. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
3. What does this man think Anna needs?
4. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
5. With whom is Anna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry tell Tom, while he is waiting for Mary to get ready to go out?
2. Who is heard returning?
3. Why is Harry unhappy?
4. How does the second act open?
5. How does her vision end?
6. What takes place between Anna and Dave just before he leaves?
7. What time is it? How does Anna feel?
8. How does Anna feel at this point in the game?
9. How does the scene end?
10. What interrupts Anna and Harry's conversation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry is an unhappily married man.
Part 1) Why is he unhappy in his marriage? How does he deal with this?
Part 2) Is this an effective way to deal with his unhappiness? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does Harry's situation relate to the theme?
Essay Topic 2
There is irony in Anna's life.
Part 1) What is ironic about her life?
Part 2) Does she see this irony? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does what Anna wants and what Anna does conflict?
Essay Topic 3
There is hope for Anna at the end of the play.
Part 1) How does one know this?
Part 2) What hope is there for her?
Part 3) What do you believe will come of her? Why do you believe this? Use the play to support your response.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)