|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Anna?
2. How is Dave unique among Anna's male friends?
3. What does Anna do when this person invites her along?
4. What does this person implore Anna to do?
5. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harry unhappy?
2. How does Anna change the subject?
3. What does Tom tell Ann she will one day see?
4. What does Harry eventually do? Why?
5. How does the second act open?
6. What does Dave do when the phone rings again?
7. Of what is Harry tired? Why?
8. Who provides Anna a sense of future?
9. Why is Mary happy?
10. What was Dave's role as a child, among his friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna has a vision of a tiger.
Part 1) Describe this vision. How is this vision symbolic?
Part 2) Why might the author have chosen this as the title of the play?
Part 3) How is this tiger vision connected to the theme?
Essay Topic 2
Dave is not completely happy.
Part 1) Why is he not completely happy?
Part 2) What does he believe might make him happy? Why does he believe this?
Part 3) Do you believe he will be happy with the decision he makes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of independence is very important.
Part 1) How is this a theme of the play?
Part 2) How does this theme affect each character? Why?
Part 3) Are they all capable of finding independence? Why or why not? Do they all want to be independent? Why or why not?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)