Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
2. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
3. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
4. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
5. What is this person doing later tonight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry tell Tom, while he is waiting for Mary to get ready to go out?
2. What does Anna tell Dave?
3. What does the newcomer announce?
4. Why is Mary happy?
5. How does Anna speak during this game?
6. What does Tom tell Ann she will one day see?
7. How does Mary respond to Anna?
8. What does Dave admit he will do? Of what does he accuse Anna?
9. How does the scene end?
10. What happens to Anna when Dave leaves?
Essay Topic 1
Harry is an unhappily married man.
Part 1) Why is he unhappy in his marriage? How does he deal with this?
Part 2) Is this an effective way to deal with his unhappiness? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does Harry's situation relate to the theme?
Essay Topic 2
The play is innovative.
Part 1) How is the play innovative?
Part 2) How does this play, like its main character, differ from others at this time?
Part 3) Why might the author have written this play? What message does this play send to the reader or viewer?
Essay Topic 3
Anna is drawn to Dave.
Part 1) Describe Dave. To what is Anna drawn about him? How do you know this?
Part 2) Is he enough for her? Why or why not?
Part 3) Could she have been happy if she had married him? Why or why not?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)