|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary leave?
(a) She must go finish her laundry.
(b) The phone rings.
(c) The doorbell rings.
(d) She is upset with Tom.
2. Why does Harry say this to Tom?
(a) Tom does not understand Anna.
(b) Tom is too conventional for her.
(c) Tom is unkind.
(d) Tom deserves some hope in his life.
3. Why is Harry at Anna's flat?
(a) He has come to see if she is alright.
(b) He has come for some sympathy over the end of a love affair.
(c) He has come to make sure she has filled her prescriptions.
(d) He has come to visit her.
4. Why is Anna repelled?
(a) Mary is always coming over to borrow cooking supplies from Anna.
(b) Janet is a very noisy neighbor and makes it difficult for Anna to concentrate when she is working.
(c) Dave is very needy and would not allow her much freedom.
(d) Tom has accepted a position as a business manager for a women's magazine.
5. About what is this play?
(a) The dynamics of human relationships.
(b) The life of a woman in a small town.
(c) The dynamics of neighbors in a London apartment building.
(d) The relationships between husbands and wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the play begin?
2. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
3. While Harry waits for Mary to get ready to go out, what does Harry tell Tom?
4. Who is the author of PLAY WITH A TIGER?
5. Where does this play take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom tell Ann she will one day see?
2. What does Anna tell Dave?
3. How does the play begin?
4. How does the scene end?
5. How does her vision end?
6. How does Dave feel about his therapist's suggestions?
7. What are Dave's thoughts about Harry? How does Anna respond to Harry's comments?
8. What was beneficial about Dave's group's association?
9. How does Mary respond to Anna?
10. How are Anna and Dave united in their desires?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)