|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this play take place?
(a) The country home of Lucinda Jackson.
(b) The suburban home of Camilla Jackson.
(c) The London home of Mary Jackson.
(d) The New York City home of Janet Jackson.
2. What does this play have to do with women?
(a) It is about the expectations and challenges faced by women who choose less conventional roles than those inherent in marriage.
(b) It is about the love women feel for men.
(c) It is about the friendships that women have with one another.
(d) It is about the fight for equality for all women.
3. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
(a) By telling him that he should go see his wife.
(b) By telling him he is a fool.
(c) By telling him he should marry Anna.
(d) By telling him that he is not much different from Harry.
4. How is Dave unique among Anna's male friends?
(a) He is not married.
(b) He is the only one who truly understands Anna.
(c) He is the only one unconventional enough to appeal to Anna on a long-term basis.
(d) He is not in love with her.
5. What does Anna do to make a living?
(a) She is a freelance writer.
(b) She is a chef.
(c) She is a musician.
(d) She is a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
2. What does Tom use the arrival of this woman to do?
3. What does Janet announce?
4. How is Tom correct in his comment to Harry?
5. What does Anna do when this person invites her along?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is heard returning?
2. How does the scene begin?
3. What does Dave admit he will do? Of what does he accuse Anna?
4. Who is the newcomer?
5. What takes place between Anna and Dave just before he leaves?
6. Who arrives after Mary into the scene?
7. How is Ann, most of the time, when she tries to envision herself?
8. How does her vision end?
9. What game do Anna and Dave play?
10. What was different one day, when she tried the same exercise?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)