|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is this play?
(a) The dynamics of neighbors in a London apartment building.
(b) The relationships between husbands and wives.
(c) The dynamics of human relationships.
(d) The life of a woman in a small town.
2. When Mary is about to ask Anna if she would like to go for some coffee, what stops her?
(a) She sees Anna asleep on the couch.
(b) She remembers that her laundry is done in the washer.
(c) She hears the phone ring.
(d) She sees Tom.
3. What does Janet announce?
(a) She is five months pregnant.
(b) She is breaking up with Dave.
(c) She does not love Dave.
(d) She is going to become pregnant with Dave's child.
4. Where does this play take place?
(a) The country home of Lucinda Jackson.
(b) The New York City home of Janet Jackson.
(c) The London home of Mary Jackson.
(d) The suburban home of Camilla Jackson.
5. What does Anna think Dave will do?
(a) Find a woman he loves.
(b) Get married and cheat on his wife.
(c) Understand her.
(d) Move away from London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
2. Why is Anna repelled?
3. Who enters Anna's room?
4. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
5. Where is Anna's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the second act open?
2. What does Anna tell Dave?
3. How does Mary respond to Anna?
4. What does Anna declare?
5. Of what is Harry tired? Why?
6. Describe Mary's entrance into the scene.
7. How does her vision end?
8. What was beneficial about Dave's group's association?
9. How does the play begin?
10. What time is it? How does Anna feel?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)