|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom tell Anna regarding her future?
(a) She will fall in love.
(b) She will end up like Mary.
(c) She will be happy.
(d) She will marry him.
2. When does the story take place?
3. How might her future not be like this?
(a) If she does not marry him.
(b) If he marries someone else.
(c) If she marries Dave.
(d) If she marries him.
4. Why has Janet tricked him?
(a) To be cruel.
(b) To upset him.
(c) In order to force him to marry Anna.
(d) In order to force him to marry her.
5. What is the one exception regarding Tom's comment to Harry?
(a) Anna does not love Harry.
(b) Harry is not as much a fool as Tom.
(c) Helen does not want to see Harry.
(d) The extramarital affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why else is Anna distraught?
2. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
3. How is Tom correct in his comment to Harry?
4. What does Tom use the arrival of this woman to do?
5. Why is Anna repelled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What time is it? How does Anna feel?
2. Of what is Harry tired? Why?
3. What form does Dave's regression take?
4. How does the scene end?
5. Who are Dave and his friends?
6. Who is heard returning?
7. How does the play begin?
8. What does Tom do at this point in the story?
9. How does Anna change the subject?
10. How does Mary respond to Anna?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)