|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
(a) She is tired of all the visitors.
(b) She has broken her engagement to Tom.
(c) It is late at night.
(d) She has a lot to do the next day.
2. What does Anna tell Tom regarding his last comment about her future?
(a) She prefers her friendship with Mary to anyone else.
(b) She prefers to be single.
(c) She would prefer to be married but cannot find a decent man.
(d) She prefers an authentic relationship with herself to one where she compromises in order to be married.
3. Who is the author of PLAY WITH A TIGER?
(a) Deloris Leonard.
(b) Doris Lessing.
(c) Danielle Lawrence.
(d) Dana Lucas.
4. What does Anna do to make a living?
(a) She is a chef.
(b) She is a musician.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a freelance writer.
5. What does this person say she will regret?
(a) Her decision to divorce him.
(b) Her decision to end the friendship.
(c) Her decision to eschew it.
(d) Her decision to move to another building.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Harry waits for Mary to get ready to go out, what does Harry tell Tom?
2. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
3. What issue does the person put aside?
4. Who enters Anna's room?
5. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed when the phone rings?
2. Why are Tom and Anna arguing?
3. How does Mary respond to Anna?
4. What happens to Anna when Dave leaves?
5. Who arrives after Mary into the scene?
6. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
7. Who are Dave and his friends?
8. How is Dave Miller first mentioned?
9. How does the scene end?
10. What does Harry eventually do? Why?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)