|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry say this to Tom?
(a) Tom does not understand Anna.
(b) Tom is too conventional for her.
(c) Tom is unkind.
(d) Tom deserves some hope in his life.
2. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
(a) He is about to propose.
(b) She is signing a new lease.
(c) They are signing the divorce papers.
(d) They are in the middle of a disagreement.
3. What does Janet know about Anna?
(a) Dave is in love with her.
(b) Dave is her friend.
(c) Anna is single.
(d) Anna is a kind woman.
4. When does the story take place?
5. Who is Harry Paine?
(a) Anna's doctor.
(b) Anna's boyfriend.
(c) Anna's neighbor.
(d) A friend of Anna's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
2. What does Anna think Dave will do?
3. Why does Anna respond to this person this way about his invitation?
4. What does this person implore Anna to do?
5. What happens after Dave finally wears down Anna's resistance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does her vision end?
2. Describe the beginning of the vision Anna had.
3. What does Dave admit he will do? Of what does he accuse Anna?
4. What does Anna declare?
5. To whom does Dave believe Anna can commit?
6. What does Dave encourage Anna to do?
7. Why are Tom and Anna arguing?
8. What does Anna tell Dave?
9. Who is the newcomer?
10. Of what is Harry tired? Why?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)