|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna respond to this person this way about his invitation?
(a) She is not sure if she wants to go with him.
(b) She deplores all the trappings that go along with regular employment.
(c) She finds the invitation rediculous.
(d) She enjoys dinner parties very much.
2. What issue does the person put aside?
(a) The issue of Anna marrying him.
(b) The issue of Anna wanting to move into another building.
(c) The issue of Anna not wanting to be her friend.
(d) The issue of Anna divorcing him.
3. How is Dave unique among Anna's male friends?
(a) He is the only one unconventional enough to appeal to Anna on a long-term basis.
(b) He is not married.
(c) He is not in love with her.
(d) He is the only one who truly understands Anna.
4. To whom is Harry married?
5. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
(a) By telling him he is a fool.
(b) By telling him that he is not much different from Harry.
(c) By telling him he should marry Anna.
(d) By telling him that he should go see his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this man think Anna needs?
2. Why does Harry say this to Tom?
3. Why does Mary leave?
4. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
5. What does this person say she will regret?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Anna and Dave united in their desires?
2. Who is the newcomer?
3. How is Ann, most of the time, when she tries to envision herself?
4. What does Dave admit he will do? Of what does he accuse Anna?
5. Who arrives after Mary into the scene?
6. What is over between Anna and Dave?
7. Who is heard returning?
8. What are Dave's thoughts about Harry? How does Anna respond to Harry's comments?
9. What does Dave lament?
10. What does Anna tell Mary when Mary enters the room?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)