|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janet announce?
(a) She is five months pregnant.
(b) She is breaking up with Dave.
(c) She is going to become pregnant with Dave's child.
(d) She does not love Dave.
2. Where does Anna draw this person's attention?
(a) To the portrait of a man hanging on the wall.
(b) To a man standing on the corner on the street below.
(c) To the man on the television.
(d) To the man standing on the porch next to her apartment building.
3. About what is this play?
(a) The dynamics of neighbors in a London apartment building.
(b) The life of a woman in a small town.
(c) The dynamics of human relationships.
(d) The relationships between husbands and wives.
4. What issue does the person put aside?
(a) The issue of Anna divorcing him.
(b) The issue of Anna not wanting to be her friend.
(c) The issue of Anna marrying him.
(d) The issue of Anna wanting to move into another building.
5. What would Janet like Anna to do for her?
(a) Keep what she has said a secret.
(b) Ignore Dave.
(c) Explain everything to Dave.
(d) Leave Dave alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
2. What does this person tell Anna she will one day see?
3. Who enters Anna's room?
4. How might her future not be like this?
5. What does this person say she will regret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave lament?
2. What does the newcomer want from Anna?
3. Why is Harry unhappy?
4. What is the setting of this play?
5. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
6. How does Anna feel at this point in the game?
7. What does Dave do when the phone rings again?
8. To whom does Dave believe Anna can commit?
9. What is revealed when the phone rings?
10. Why is Mary happy?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)