|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
(a) By telling him that he should go see his wife.
(b) By telling him he should marry Anna.
(c) By telling him that he is not much different from Harry.
(d) By telling him he is a fool.
2. When does the story take place?
3. What does Anna refuse to do?
(a) Take part in Janet's scheme.
(b) Keep her secret.
(c) Ignore Dave.
(d) Leave Dave.
4. Where is Anna's son?
(a) In a room next door.
(b) With his father.
(c) Away at school.
(d) On vacation.
5. What does this person implore Anna to do?
(a) Explain why they are no longer neighbors.
(b) Explain why they are no longer friends.
(c) Explain why she no longer wants to marry him.
(d) Explain why she no longer wants to be his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this person say she will regret?
2. About what is this play?
3. What is the connection between Anna and this person?
4. What does Anna tell Tom regarding his last comment about her future?
5. Where does this play take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed when the phone rings?
2. How does her vision end?
3. Why is Mary happy?
4. What game do Anna and Dave play?
5. How is Ann, most of the time, when she tries to envision herself?
6. What does the newcomer want from Anna?
7. What does Dave do when the phone rings again?
8. What was Dave's role as a child, among his friends?
9. How does the second act open?
10. Describe the beginning of the vision Anna had.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)