|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
(a) She agrees with him.
(b) She is surprised at his comment.
(c) She is angry with him.
(d) She is upset for herself and Mary.
2. What does Anna tell Tom regarding his last comment about her future?
(a) She prefers her friendship with Mary to anyone else.
(b) She would prefer to be married but cannot find a decent man.
(c) She prefers to be single.
(d) She prefers an authentic relationship with herself to one where she compromises in order to be married.
3. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
(a) Talk about Janet.
(b) Leave him.
(c) Worry about Janet.
(d) Shut anything out.
4. What does Anna do to make a living?
(a) She is a chef.
(b) She is a musician.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a freelance writer.
5. When does the play begin?
(a) At five o'clock in the morning.
(b) At nine o'clock in the morning.
(c) At nine o'clock in the evening.
(d) At five o'clock in the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the man stand there every night?
2. Why is Anna repelled?
3. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
4. Why has Janet Stevens arrived?
5. To whom is Harry married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Dave and his friends?
2. What takes place between Anna and Dave just before he leaves?
3. How does the play begin?
4. How does Dave feel about his therapist's suggestions?
5. What does Tom do at this point in the story?
6. What does the newcomer want from Anna?
7. How is Ann, most of the time, when she tries to envision herself?
8. What does Anna tell Mary when Mary enters the room?
9. What is the setting of this play?
10. What does Harry eventually do? Why?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)