|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anna draw this person's attention?
(a) To the man standing on the porch next to her apartment building.
(b) To the man on the television.
(c) To a man standing on the corner on the street below.
(d) To the portrait of a man hanging on the wall.
2. Why has Janet tricked him?
(a) In order to force him to marry her.
(b) In order to force him to marry Anna.
(c) To upset him.
(d) To be cruel.
3. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
(a) She is surprised at his comment.
(b) She agrees with him.
(c) She is upset for herself and Mary.
(d) She is angry with him.
4. Why does Harry say this to Tom?
(a) Tom deserves some hope in his life.
(b) Tom does not understand Anna.
(c) Tom is too conventional for her.
(d) Tom is unkind.
5. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
(a) They are signing the divorce papers.
(b) She is signing a new lease.
(c) They are in the middle of a disagreement.
(d) He is about to propose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
2. With whom is Anna?
3. Where does this play take place?
4. What does this play have to do with women?
5. Before long, why does Dave arrive at Anna's building?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Anna and Dave united in their desires?
2. What does Anna tell Mary when Mary enters the room?
3. How does Anna feel at this point in the game?
4. What does the newcomer announce?
5. What happens to Anna when Dave leaves?
6. How does the play begin?
7. What does Dave encourage Anna to do?
8. What is the setting of this play?
9. Of what is Harry tired? Why?
10. How does Dave feel about his therapist's suggestions?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)