|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the play begin?
(a) At nine o'clock in the evening.
(b) At nine o'clock in the morning.
(c) At five o'clock in the evening.
(d) At five o'clock in the morning.
2. How might her future not be like this?
(a) If she does not marry him.
(b) If she marries him.
(c) If he marries someone else.
(d) If she marries Dave.
3. What does Anna tell Tom regarding his last comment about her future?
(a) She prefers to be single.
(b) She prefers an authentic relationship with herself to one where she compromises in order to be married.
(c) She prefers her friendship with Mary to anyone else.
(d) She would prefer to be married but cannot find a decent man.
4. What does Anna refuse to do?
(a) Ignore Dave.
(b) Leave Dave.
(c) Keep her secret.
(d) Take part in Janet's scheme.
5. How is Tom correct in his comment to Harry?
(a) Harry has a very conventional job and lifestyle.
(b) Harry is in love with Anna.
(c) Harry should go see his wife.
(d) Harry is a fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Harry Paine?
2. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
3. With whom is Anna?
4. Why has Janet Stevens arrived?
5. Where does Anna draw this person's attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was beneficial about Dave's group's association?
2. What does the newcomer want from Anna?
3. What was different one day, when she tried the same exercise?
4. How does Anna speak during this game?
5. How does the play begin?
6. To whom does Dave believe Anna can commit?
7. Of what is Harry tired? Why?
8. How are Anna and Dave united in their desires?
9. How does the scene end?
10. Who arrives after Mary into the scene?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)