|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Dave and the others now able to do?
(a) Leave Chicago.
(b) Enjoy life.
(c) Be good fathers.
(d) Negotiate their world.
2. How does the second act open?
(a) The next day.
(b) Two days before.
(c) With no passage of time.
(d) The next morning.
3. What does Anna say about this?
(a) It may very well be in the shape of some nice American girl with a baby in her arms.
(b) They will have a wonderful time tomorrow evening.
(c) It is tiresome, but it should improve.
(d) It was so wonderful, and she is not sure if the future can compare.
4. What does Anna want to be?
(d) Fearless and powerful.
5. What can you easily understand about Anna's feelings for Dave?
(a) Why she hopes he will marry Janet.
(b) Why she is irritated by Dave.
(c) Why she is drawn to Dave over all the other men who surround her.
(d) Why she is in love with him and wants to marry him.
6. Why does he feel this way?
(a) He would like to have a family.
(b) They do not know how to negotiate their world.
(c) His life was better as a child.
(d) He has always enjoyed children.
7. What are Anna and Dave doing?
(a) Ignoring each other.
(d) Watching television.
8. How does Anna speak?
(a) In French.
(b) In an angry voice.
(c) In a quiet voice.
(d) In her native Australian accent.
9. What are Dave and these people doing?
10. Who does Dave tell Anna that he once went to see?
(a) A priest.
(b) A therapist.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
11. What had Dave initially done with this person's idea?
(a) He rejected it.
(b) He forgot it.
(c) He ignored it.
(d) He accepted it.
12. During Anna and Dave's exercise, what is revealed about his beliefs?
(a) They were strong even as a young man.
(b) They were weak as a young man.
(c) They did not exist as a young man.
(d) They have changed greatly since he was a young man.
13. How do Dave and Anna do this exploration?
(a) By talking about their lives.
(b) By sitting and listening silently.
(c) As if they are children again.
(d) By walking around the house.
14. What does Anna say is ironic?
(a) She thinks she is independent but feels trapped.
(b) She and Dave do not want to love, yet they love each other.
(c) She and Dave look for a tiger and monster and resplendent human beings.
(d) Dave does not want to marry Janet, but he will marry her anyway.
15. What do they want?
(a) Anna wants to be alone and Dave wants a family.
(b) Anna wants to marry and Dave wants a girlfriend.
(c) To be better people.
(d) To have more independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Dave in this regression?
2. What tendencies does this person have?
3. What does the creature suddenly do?
4. What power does Anna feel?
5. What does Anna hear?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)