|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janet announce?
(a) She does not love Dave.
(b) She is going to become pregnant with Dave's child.
(c) She is breaking up with Dave.
(d) She is five months pregnant.
2. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
(a) She has left for college.
(b) She has divorced her husband for Harry.
(c) She has a new boyfriend.
(d) She has left him to get married.
3. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
(a) He is about to propose.
(b) They are in the middle of a disagreement.
(c) She is signing a new lease.
(d) They are signing the divorce papers.
4. When does the story take place?
5. What does this person tell Anna she will one day see?
(a) The value of this woman's friendship.
(b) How good she had it as his wife.
(c) How good this apartment was.
(d) The value of being regularly employed.
6. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
(a) She is tired of all the visitors.
(b) She has a lot to do the next day.
(c) It is late at night.
(d) She has broken her engagement to Tom.
7. What does Anna do when this person invites her along?
(a) She agrees to the invitation.
(b) She declines the invitation.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She does not respond.
8. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
(d) Dave Miller.
9. Before long, why does Dave arrive at Anna's building?
(a) He wants to talk to her about Janet.
(b) He wants to propose.
(c) He wants to reconcile with her.
(d) He wants to break up with her.
10. To whom is Harry married?
11. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
(a) She dislikes Tom immensely.
(b) She has become Anna's friend over the years.
(c) She knows Anna will never marry anyone.
(d) She is very sure of herself.
12. With whom is Anna?
13. How is Dave unique among Anna's male friends?
(a) He is the only one who truly understands Anna.
(b) He is not in love with her.
(c) He is the only one unconventional enough to appeal to Anna on a long-term basis.
(d) He is not married.
14. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
(a) Inside Anna's kitchen.
(b) At the corner store.
(c) At her front door.
(d) Outside her door.
15. What does Anna think Dave will do?
(a) Move away from London.
(b) Find a woman he loves.
(c) Get married and cheat on his wife.
(d) Understand her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Tom correct in his comment to Harry?
2. Where is Anna's son?
3. Why is Anna repelled?
4. What does Tom use the arrival of this woman to do?
5. What does this person say she will regret?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)