|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
(a) By telling him that he should go see his wife.
(b) By telling him that he is not much different from Harry.
(c) By telling him he is a fool.
(d) By telling him he should marry Anna.
2. With whom is Anna?
3. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
(a) She agrees with him.
(b) She is surprised at his comment.
(c) She is angry with him.
(d) She is upset for herself and Mary.
4. Why has Janet tricked him?
(a) In order to force him to marry Anna.
(b) In order to force him to marry her.
(c) To upset him.
(d) To be cruel.
5. While Harry waits for Mary to get ready to go out, what does Harry tell Tom?
(a) He is a fool.
(b) He is the most annoying person Harry has ever met.
(c) Anna will marry him some day.
(d) Anna would have never married Tom.
6. Why is Harry at Anna's flat?
(a) He has come to visit her.
(b) He has come to make sure she has filled her prescriptions.
(c) He has come to see if she is alright.
(d) He has come for some sympathy over the end of a love affair.
7. What does Anna do to make a living?
(a) She is a chef.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is a freelance writer.
(d) She is a musician.
8. Why does the man stand there every night?
(a) He is waiting for his wife to come out of the house.
(b) He is the weather man and presents the forecast.
(c) It is a painting of Anna's late husband, standing next to her by their first home.
(d) In anticipation of seeing one of the women who lives across the street.
9. What is this person doing later tonight?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Having dinner with his new boss and his boss' wife.
(c) Spending time with his wife.
(d) Visting her son.
10. How is Dave unique among Anna's male friends?
(a) He is the only one unconventional enough to appeal to Anna on a long-term basis.
(b) He is the only one who truly understands Anna.
(c) He is not in love with her.
(d) He is not married.
11. What does Tom tell Anna regarding her future?
(a) She will marry him.
(b) She will fall in love.
(c) She will be happy.
(d) She will end up like Mary.
12. To whom is Harry married?
13. What does Anna do when Harry invites her to go out for a few drinks?
(a) She declines.
(b) She says nothing.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She accepts.
14. What does Anna tell Tom regarding his last comment about her future?
(a) She prefers her friendship with Mary to anyone else.
(b) She prefers an authentic relationship with herself to one where she compromises in order to be married.
(c) She would prefer to be married but cannot find a decent man.
(d) She prefers to be single.
15. Who enters Anna's room?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her son.
(d) A visitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry say this to Tom?
2. When does the play begin?
3. Why does Anna respond to this person this way about his invitation?
4. What does Janet announce?
5. How might her future not be like this?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)