|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
(a) She agrees with him.
(b) She is surprised at his comment.
(c) She is angry with him.
(d) She is upset for herself and Mary.
2. With whom is Anna?
3. What does this person tell Anna she will one day see?
(a) The value of being regularly employed.
(b) How good this apartment was.
(c) The value of this woman's friendship.
(d) How good she had it as his wife.
4. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
(a) Inside Anna's kitchen.
(b) At her front door.
(c) Outside her door.
(d) At the corner store.
5. Why has Janet tricked him?
(a) In order to force him to marry Anna.
(b) In order to force him to marry her.
(c) To upset him.
(d) To be cruel.
6. Who is Harry Paine?
(a) Anna's neighbor.
(b) Anna's doctor.
(c) A friend of Anna's.
(d) Anna's boyfriend.
7. Before long, why does Dave arrive at Anna's building?
(a) He wants to reconcile with her.
(b) He wants to talk to her about Janet.
(c) He wants to break up with her.
(d) He wants to propose.
8. What does this person implore Anna to do?
(a) Explain why she no longer wants to marry him.
(b) Explain why they are no longer friends.
(c) Explain why they are no longer neighbors.
(d) Explain why she no longer wants to be his wife.
9. Who does Harry suggest Anna would marry, if she were to marry anyone?
10. Why does the man stand there every night?
(a) In anticipation of seeing one of the women who lives across the street.
(b) It is a painting of Anna's late husband, standing next to her by their first home.
(c) He is waiting for his wife to come out of the house.
(d) He is the weather man and presents the forecast.
11. What is the connection between Anna and this person?
(a) They were married until very recently.
(b) They were engaged until very recently.
(c) They are good friends.
(d) They are neighbors.
12. What does Anna refuse to do?
(a) Ignore Dave.
(b) Keep her secret.
(c) Leave Dave.
(d) Take part in Janet's scheme.
13. What does Janet announce?
(a) She is breaking up with Dave.
(b) She is five months pregnant.
(c) She is going to become pregnant with Dave's child.
(d) She does not love Dave.
14. Why does Harry say this to Tom?
(a) Tom is too conventional for her.
(b) Tom is unkind.
(c) Tom deserves some hope in his life.
(d) Tom does not understand Anna.
15. What does this person say she will regret?
(a) Her decision to eschew it.
(b) Her decision to move to another building.
(c) Her decision to end the friendship.
(d) Her decision to divorce him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
2. About what is this play?
3. What does Tom tell Anna regarding her future?
4. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
5. Why has Janet Stevens arrived?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)