|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters Anna's room?
(a) A visitor.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her mother.
2. Why does the man stand there every night?
(a) In anticipation of seeing one of the women who lives across the street.
(b) It is a painting of Anna's late husband, standing next to her by their first home.
(c) He is waiting for his wife to come out of the house.
(d) He is the weather man and presents the forecast.
3. What would Janet like Anna to do for her?
(a) Leave Dave alone.
(b) Explain everything to Dave.
(c) Keep what she has said a secret.
(d) Ignore Dave.
4. With whom is Anna?
5. How is Tom correct in his comment to Harry?
(a) Harry has a very conventional job and lifestyle.
(b) Harry should go see his wife.
(c) Harry is in love with Anna.
(d) Harry is a fool.
6. Why is Anna repelled?
(a) Tom has accepted a position as a business manager for a women's magazine.
(b) Dave is very needy and would not allow her much freedom.
(c) Janet is a very noisy neighbor and makes it difficult for Anna to concentrate when she is working.
(d) Mary is always coming over to borrow cooking supplies from Anna.
7. When does the play begin?
(a) At five o'clock in the morning.
(b) At five o'clock in the evening.
(c) At nine o'clock in the morning.
(d) At nine o'clock in the evening.
8. Where is Anna's son?
(a) Away at school.
(b) In a room next door.
(c) With his father.
(d) On vacation.
9. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
(a) She has broken her engagement to Tom.
(b) She has a lot to do the next day.
(c) She is tired of all the visitors.
(d) It is late at night.
10. What is this person doing later tonight?
(a) Visting her son.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Spending time with his wife.
(d) Having dinner with his new boss and his boss' wife.
11. What does Anna refuse to do?
(a) Ignore Dave.
(b) Keep her secret.
(c) Take part in Janet's scheme.
(d) Leave Dave.
12. Where does this play take place?
(a) The country home of Lucinda Jackson.
(b) The suburban home of Camilla Jackson.
(c) The London home of Mary Jackson.
(d) The New York City home of Janet Jackson.
13. Why has Janet tricked him?
(a) To be cruel.
(b) In order to force him to marry her.
(c) In order to force him to marry Anna.
(d) To upset him.
14. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
(a) She has become Anna's friend over the years.
(b) She is very sure of herself.
(c) She dislikes Tom immensely.
(d) She knows Anna will never marry anyone.
15. While Harry waits for Mary to get ready to go out, what does Harry tell Tom?
(a) Anna will marry him some day.
(b) He is the most annoying person Harry has ever met.
(c) Anna would have never married Tom.
(d) He is a fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janet announce?
2. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
3. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
4. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
5. What does Tom tell Anna regarding her future?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)