|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Janet tricked him?
(a) In order to force him to marry Anna.
(b) To upset him.
(c) To be cruel.
(d) In order to force him to marry her.
2. What does Janet know about Anna?
(a) Dave is in love with her.
(b) Dave is her friend.
(c) Anna is single.
(d) Anna is a kind woman.
3. When does the story take place?
4. What does Anna do when this person invites her along?
(a) She agrees to the invitation.
(b) She declines the invitation.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She does not respond.
5. Why does Harry say this to Tom?
(a) Tom deserves some hope in his life.
(b) Tom is too conventional for her.
(c) Tom is unkind.
(d) Tom does not understand Anna.
6. Why is Anna repelled?
(a) Janet is a very noisy neighbor and makes it difficult for Anna to concentrate when she is working.
(b) Mary is always coming over to borrow cooking supplies from Anna.
(c) Tom has accepted a position as a business manager for a women's magazine.
(d) Dave is very needy and would not allow her much freedom.
7. Before long, why does Dave arrive at Anna's building?
(a) He wants to break up with her.
(b) He wants to talk to her about Janet.
(c) He wants to propose.
(d) He wants to reconcile with her.
8. Where is Anna's son?
(a) Away at school.
(b) On vacation.
(c) With his father.
(d) In a room next door.
9. How is Tom correct in his comment to Harry?
(a) Harry should go see his wife.
(b) Harry has a very conventional job and lifestyle.
(c) Harry is a fool.
(d) Harry is in love with Anna.
10. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
(a) She has left for college.
(b) She has divorced her husband for Harry.
(c) She has left him to get married.
(d) She has a new boyfriend.
11. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
(a) She has a lot to do the next day.
(b) It is late at night.
(c) She is tired of all the visitors.
(d) She has broken her engagement to Tom.
12. Who does Harry suggest Anna would marry, if she were to marry anyone?
13. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
(a) They are signing the divorce papers.
(b) He is about to propose.
(c) She is signing a new lease.
(d) They are in the middle of a disagreement.
14. About what is this play?
(a) The life of a woman in a small town.
(b) The dynamics of human relationships.
(c) The dynamics of neighbors in a London apartment building.
(d) The relationships between husbands and wives.
15. Why does the man stand there every night?
(a) It is a painting of Anna's late husband, standing next to her by their first home.
(b) He is the weather man and presents the forecast.
(c) In anticipation of seeing one of the women who lives across the street.
(d) He is waiting for his wife to come out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of PLAY WITH A TIGER?
2. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
3. How might her future not be like this?
4. What does this person tell Anna she will one day see?
5. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)