|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this play take place?
(a) The New York City home of Janet Jackson.
(b) The suburban home of Camilla Jackson.
(c) The country home of Lucinda Jackson.
(d) The London home of Mary Jackson.
2. What does Anna do when this person invites her along?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She does not respond.
(c) She agrees to the invitation.
(d) She declines the invitation.
3. Why does Mary leave?
(a) She is upset with Tom.
(b) The doorbell rings.
(c) She must go finish her laundry.
(d) The phone rings.
4. Why does Anna respond to this person this way about his invitation?
(a) She deplores all the trappings that go along with regular employment.
(b) She is not sure if she wants to go with him.
(c) She finds the invitation rediculous.
(d) She enjoys dinner parties very much.
5. While Harry waits for Mary to get ready to go out, what does Harry tell Tom?
(a) He is a fool.
(b) He is the most annoying person Harry has ever met.
(c) Anna will marry him some day.
(d) Anna would have never married Tom.
6. When does the story take place?
7. What does Anna tell Tom regarding his last comment about her future?
(a) She would prefer to be married but cannot find a decent man.
(b) She prefers to be single.
(c) She prefers an authentic relationship with herself to one where she compromises in order to be married.
(d) She prefers her friendship with Mary to anyone else.
8. When Mary is about to ask Anna if she would like to go for some coffee, what stops her?
(a) She sees Anna asleep on the couch.
(b) She remembers that her laundry is done in the washer.
(c) She sees Tom.
(d) She hears the phone ring.
9. What does Janet know about Anna?
(a) Anna is single.
(b) Dave is in love with her.
(c) Dave is her friend.
(d) Anna is a kind woman.
10. What is this person doing later tonight?
(a) Spending time with his wife.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Having dinner with his new boss and his boss' wife.
(d) Visting her son.
11. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
(a) She dislikes Tom immensely.
(b) She knows Anna will never marry anyone.
(c) She has become Anna's friend over the years.
(d) She is very sure of herself.
12. Why has Janet Stevens arrived?
(a) She is looking for Dave.
(b) She is looking for Mary.
(c) She is looking for Anna.
(d) She is looking for Tom.
13. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
(a) She tells Harry to answer it.
(b) She tells Tom to answer it.
(c) She ignores it.
(d) She leaves the room.
14. What issue does the person put aside?
(a) The issue of Anna marrying him.
(b) The issue of Anna divorcing him.
(c) The issue of Anna not wanting to be her friend.
(d) The issue of Anna wanting to move into another building.
15. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
(d) Dave Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this person implore Anna to do?
2. What does Tom tell Anna regarding her future?
3. How is Tom correct in his comment to Harry?
4. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
5. What happens after Dave finally wears down Anna's resistance?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)