|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
(a) She leaves the room.
(b) She tells Tom to answer it.
(c) She tells Harry to answer it.
(d) She ignores it.
2. What does this play have to do with women?
(a) It is about the fight for equality for all women.
(b) It is about the expectations and challenges faced by women who choose less conventional roles than those inherent in marriage.
(c) It is about the friendships that women have with one another.
(d) It is about the love women feel for men.
3. What does Janet know about Anna?
(a) Dave is her friend.
(b) Anna is a kind woman.
(c) Anna is single.
(d) Dave is in love with her.
4. When does the play begin?
(a) At five o'clock in the evening.
(b) At five o'clock in the morning.
(c) At nine o'clock in the morning.
(d) At nine o'clock in the evening.
5. Who is Harry Paine?
(a) Anna's neighbor.
(b) Anna's doctor.
(c) A friend of Anna's.
(d) Anna's boyfriend.
6. What does Anna tell Tom regarding his last comment about her future?
(a) She prefers an authentic relationship with herself to one where she compromises in order to be married.
(b) She prefers her friendship with Mary to anyone else.
(c) She prefers to be single.
(d) She would prefer to be married but cannot find a decent man.
7. Why does Mary leave?
(a) She is upset with Tom.
(b) The doorbell rings.
(c) She must go finish her laundry.
(d) The phone rings.
8. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
(a) She has become Anna's friend over the years.
(b) She is very sure of herself.
(c) She knows Anna will never marry anyone.
(d) She dislikes Tom immensely.
9. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
(a) At the corner store.
(b) Outside her door.
(c) At her front door.
(d) Inside Anna's kitchen.
10. What is the connection between Anna and this person?
(a) They were married until very recently.
(b) They were engaged until very recently.
(c) They are good friends.
(d) They are neighbors.
11. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
(a) He is about to propose.
(b) They are signing the divorce papers.
(c) She is signing a new lease.
(d) They are in the middle of a disagreement.
12. What does this person implore Anna to do?
(a) Explain why they are no longer friends.
(b) Explain why they are no longer neighbors.
(c) Explain why she no longer wants to be his wife.
(d) Explain why she no longer wants to marry him.
13. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
(c) Dave Miller.
14. While Harry waits for Mary to get ready to go out, what does Harry tell Tom?
(a) He is the most annoying person Harry has ever met.
(b) Anna will marry him some day.
(c) He is a fool.
(d) Anna would have never married Tom.
15. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
(a) She is upset for herself and Mary.
(b) She is surprised at his comment.
(c) She agrees with him.
(d) She is angry with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is this play?
2. What does Anna do when this person invites her along?
3. What issue does the person put aside?
4. What does this person say she will regret?
5. What does Anna refuse to do?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)