|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Harry Paine?
(a) A friend of Anna's.
(b) Anna's boyfriend.
(c) Anna's doctor.
(d) Anna's neighbor.
2. What does this play have to do with women?
(a) It is about the love women feel for men.
(b) It is about the fight for equality for all women.
(c) It is about the expectations and challenges faced by women who choose less conventional roles than those inherent in marriage.
(d) It is about the friendships that women have with one another.
3. What does Anna's cool demeanor do to Dave?
(a) It does not bother him.
(b) It annoys him.
(c) It infuriates him.
(d) It slightly irritates him.
4. Why does Mary leave?
(a) The phone rings.
(b) The doorbell rings.
(c) She must go finish her laundry.
(d) She is upset with Tom.
5. What does this person tell Anna she will one day see?
(a) The value of this woman's friendship.
(b) How good she had it as his wife.
(c) The value of being regularly employed.
(d) How good this apartment was.
6. What does Anna predict about Dave?
(a) He will ulitmately end up like no other man she knows.
(b) He will be happy.
(c) He will ultimately leave her.
(d) He will ultimately end up like all the other men she knows.
7. What does this person say she will regret?
(a) Her decision to divorce him.
(b) Her decision to move to another building.
(c) Her decision to end the friendship.
(d) Her decision to eschew it.
8. Why is Anna repelled?
(a) Mary is always coming over to borrow cooking supplies from Anna.
(b) Janet is a very noisy neighbor and makes it difficult for Anna to concentrate when she is working.
(c) Tom has accepted a position as a business manager for a women's magazine.
(d) Dave is very needy and would not allow her much freedom.
9. Who is the author of PLAY WITH A TIGER?
(a) Danielle Lawrence.
(b) Doris Lessing.
(c) Dana Lucas.
(d) Deloris Leonard.
10. Where does Anna draw this person's attention?
(a) To the portrait of a man hanging on the wall.
(b) To the man on the television.
(c) To a man standing on the corner on the street below.
(d) To the man standing on the porch next to her apartment building.
11. Who does Harry suggest Anna would marry, if she were to marry anyone?
12. Why is Harry at Anna's flat?
(a) He has come to visit her.
(b) He has come to make sure she has filled her prescriptions.
(c) He has come to see if she is alright.
(d) He has come for some sympathy over the end of a love affair.
13. How is Dave unique among Anna's male friends?
(a) He is the only one unconventional enough to appeal to Anna on a long-term basis.
(b) He is not in love with her.
(c) He is the only one who truly understands Anna.
(d) He is not married.
14. With whom is Anna?
15. What is the one exception regarding Tom's comment to Harry?
(a) The extramarital affairs.
(b) Harry is not as much a fool as Tom.
(c) Anna does not love Harry.
(d) Helen does not want to see Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna think Dave will do?
2. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
3. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
4. What is this person doing later tonight?
5. What does Anna do when Harry invites her to go out for a few drinks?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)