|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might her future not be like this?
(a) If she does not marry him.
(b) If she marries Dave.
(c) If he marries someone else.
(d) If she marries him.
2. Who does Harry suggest Anna would marry, if she were to marry anyone?
3. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Shut anything out.
(c) Worry about Janet.
(d) Talk about Janet.
4. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
(a) She is surprised at his comment.
(b) She is angry with him.
(c) She agrees with him.
(d) She is upset for herself and Mary.
5. What does Tom use the arrival of this woman to do?
(a) Flirt with Janet.
(c) Annoy Anna.
(d) Bother Mary.
6. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
(a) She is tired of all the visitors.
(b) It is late at night.
(c) She has a lot to do the next day.
(d) She has broken her engagement to Tom.
7. About what is this play?
(a) The dynamics of neighbors in a London apartment building.
(b) The dynamics of human relationships.
(c) The relationships between husbands and wives.
(d) The life of a woman in a small town.
8. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
(a) Inside Anna's kitchen.
(b) At the corner store.
(c) Outside her door.
(d) At her front door.
9. What does Tom tell Anna regarding her future?
(a) She will fall in love.
(b) She will be happy.
(c) She will end up like Mary.
(d) She will marry him.
10. What does this person tell Anna she will one day see?
(a) How good she had it as his wife.
(b) The value of being regularly employed.
(c) How good this apartment was.
(d) The value of this woman's friendship.
11. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
(a) She knows Anna will never marry anyone.
(b) She dislikes Tom immensely.
(c) She is very sure of herself.
(d) She has become Anna's friend over the years.
12. How is Dave unique among Anna's male friends?
(a) He is not married.
(b) He is the only one unconventional enough to appeal to Anna on a long-term basis.
(c) He is not in love with her.
(d) He is the only one who truly understands Anna.
13. Why does Mary leave?
(a) She is upset with Tom.
(b) The doorbell rings.
(c) The phone rings.
(d) She must go finish her laundry.
14. What does Anna do when Harry invites her to go out for a few drinks?
(a) She says nothing.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She accepts.
(d) She declines.
15. Where does this play take place?
(a) The suburban home of Camilla Jackson.
(b) The London home of Mary Jackson.
(c) The New York City home of Janet Jackson.
(d) The country home of Lucinda Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mary is about to ask Anna if she would like to go for some coffee, what stops her?
2. To whom is Harry married?
3. When does the story take place?
4. What does Anna predict about Dave?
5. What does Anna do to make a living?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)