|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna respond to this person this way about his invitation?
(a) She deplores all the trappings that go along with regular employment.
(b) She finds the invitation rediculous.
(c) She enjoys dinner parties very much.
(d) She is not sure if she wants to go with him.
2. What does Janet announce?
(a) She is breaking up with Dave.
(b) She is five months pregnant.
(c) She is going to become pregnant with Dave's child.
(d) She does not love Dave.
3. When Mary is about to ask Anna if she would like to go for some coffee, what stops her?
(a) She remembers that her laundry is done in the washer.
(b) She sees Anna asleep on the couch.
(c) She hears the phone ring.
(d) She sees Tom.
4. What does Tom tell Anna regarding her future?
(a) She will marry him.
(b) She will fall in love.
(c) She will end up like Mary.
(d) She will be happy.
5. Why is Harry at Anna's flat?
(a) He has come for some sympathy over the end of a love affair.
(b) He has come to visit her.
(c) He has come to see if she is alright.
(d) He has come to make sure she has filled her prescriptions.
6. When does the story take place?
7. What does this person tell Anna she will one day see?
(a) How good this apartment was.
(b) The value of this woman's friendship.
(c) The value of being regularly employed.
(d) How good she had it as his wife.
8. Why does the man stand there every night?
(a) It is a painting of Anna's late husband, standing next to her by their first home.
(b) He is the weather man and presents the forecast.
(c) He is waiting for his wife to come out of the house.
(d) In anticipation of seeing one of the women who lives across the street.
9. Before long, why does Dave arrive at Anna's building?
(a) He wants to reconcile with her.
(b) He wants to talk to her about Janet.
(c) He wants to break up with her.
(d) He wants to propose.
10. Who enters Anna's room?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A visitor.
(d) Her son.
11. Why has Janet Stevens arrived?
(a) She is looking for Anna.
(b) She is looking for Tom.
(c) She is looking for Mary.
(d) She is looking for Dave.
12. Who is the author of PLAY WITH A TIGER?
(a) Deloris Leonard.
(b) Dana Lucas.
(c) Doris Lessing.
(d) Danielle Lawrence.
13. Why does Harry say this to Tom?
(a) Tom is unkind.
(b) Tom does not understand Anna.
(c) Tom is too conventional for her.
(d) Tom deserves some hope in his life.
14. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
(a) She dislikes Tom immensely.
(b) She has become Anna's friend over the years.
(c) She knows Anna will never marry anyone.
(d) She is very sure of herself.
15. What does this person say she will regret?
(a) Her decision to divorce him.
(b) Her decision to eschew it.
(c) Her decision to end the friendship.
(d) Her decision to move to another building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
2. What would Janet like Anna to do for her?
3. What does Anna tell Tom regarding his last comment about her future?
4. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
5. What does Anna do when this person invites her along?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)