|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Janet like Anna to do for her?
(a) Keep what she has said a secret.
(b) Explain everything to Dave.
(c) Ignore Dave.
(d) Leave Dave alone.
2. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
(a) They are signing the divorce papers.
(b) He is about to propose.
(c) They are in the middle of a disagreement.
(d) She is signing a new lease.
3. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
(a) She has broken her engagement to Tom.
(b) She has a lot to do the next day.
(c) She is tired of all the visitors.
(d) It is late at night.
4. With whom is Anna?
5. Where is Anna's son?
(a) On vacation.
(b) In a room next door.
(c) Away at school.
(d) With his father.
6. Who enters Anna's room?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A visitor.
7. What does Anna's cool demeanor do to Dave?
(a) It annoys him.
(b) It does not bother him.
(c) It infuriates him.
(d) It slightly irritates him.
8. When Mary is about to ask Anna if she would like to go for some coffee, what stops her?
(a) She remembers that her laundry is done in the washer.
(b) She hears the phone ring.
(c) She sees Tom.
(d) She sees Anna asleep on the couch.
9. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
(a) At her front door.
(b) Outside her door.
(c) Inside Anna's kitchen.
(d) At the corner store.
10. Why has Janet tricked him?
(a) To be cruel.
(b) In order to force him to marry her.
(c) To upset him.
(d) In order to force him to marry Anna.
11. How is Dave unique among Anna's male friends?
(a) He is the only one who truly understands Anna.
(b) He is the only one unconventional enough to appeal to Anna on a long-term basis.
(c) He is not married.
(d) He is not in love with her.
12. What issue does the person put aside?
(a) The issue of Anna marrying him.
(b) The issue of Anna wanting to move into another building.
(c) The issue of Anna not wanting to be her friend.
(d) The issue of Anna divorcing him.
13. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
(a) She has a new boyfriend.
(b) She has left him to get married.
(c) She has divorced her husband for Harry.
(d) She has left for college.
14. What does Janet announce?
(a) She does not love Dave.
(b) She is going to become pregnant with Dave's child.
(c) She is breaking up with Dave.
(d) She is five months pregnant.
15. Where does Anna draw this person's attention?
(a) To the portrait of a man hanging on the wall.
(b) To a man standing on the corner on the street below.
(c) To the man standing on the porch next to her apartment building.
(d) To the man on the television.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
2. What does Anna tell Tom regarding his last comment about her future?
3. How might her future not be like this?
4. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
5. While Harry waits for Mary to get ready to go out, what does Harry tell Tom?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)