|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mary is about to ask Anna if she would like to go for some coffee, what stops her?
(a) She sees Anna asleep on the couch.
(b) She hears the phone ring.
(c) She sees Tom.
(d) She remembers that her laundry is done in the washer.
2. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
(a) At her front door.
(b) Outside her door.
(c) Inside Anna's kitchen.
(d) At the corner store.
3. Who is Harry Paine?
(a) A friend of Anna's.
(b) Anna's boyfriend.
(c) Anna's doctor.
(d) Anna's neighbor.
4. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
(a) It is late at night.
(b) She has broken her engagement to Tom.
(c) She is tired of all the visitors.
(d) She has a lot to do the next day.
5. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
(a) Worry about Janet.
(b) Shut anything out.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Talk about Janet.
6. What issue does the person put aside?
(a) The issue of Anna wanting to move into another building.
(b) The issue of Anna marrying him.
(c) The issue of Anna divorcing him.
(d) The issue of Anna not wanting to be her friend.
7. When does the story take place?
8. Who enters Anna's room?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A visitor.
9. What does this man think Anna needs?
(a) A nicer apartment.
(b) A secure future with someone such as himself.
(c) More independence.
(d) A man to protect her from danger.
10. How is Tom correct in his comment to Harry?
(a) Harry has a very conventional job and lifestyle.
(b) Harry should go see his wife.
(c) Harry is a fool.
(d) Harry is in love with Anna.
11. Who is the author of PLAY WITH A TIGER?
(a) Deloris Leonard.
(b) Dana Lucas.
(c) Doris Lessing.
(d) Danielle Lawrence.
12. What is the connection between Anna and this person?
(a) They were married until very recently.
(b) They are good friends.
(c) They were engaged until very recently.
(d) They are neighbors.
13. Where does this play take place?
(a) The New York City home of Janet Jackson.
(b) The London home of Mary Jackson.
(c) The suburban home of Camilla Jackson.
(d) The country home of Lucinda Jackson.
14. Why does Anna respond to this person this way about his invitation?
(a) She deplores all the trappings that go along with regular employment.
(b) She enjoys dinner parties very much.
(c) She finds the invitation rediculous.
(d) She is not sure if she wants to go with him.
15. What does this person say she will regret?
(a) Her decision to end the friendship.
(b) Her decision to move to another building.
(c) Her decision to divorce him.
(d) Her decision to eschew it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna predict about Dave?
2. While Harry waits for Mary to get ready to go out, what does Harry tell Tom?
3. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
4. What does Tom tell Anna regarding her future?
5. What does Anna's cool demeanor do to Dave?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)