|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
(a) He is about to propose.
(b) They are in the middle of a disagreement.
(c) They are signing the divorce papers.
(d) She is signing a new lease.
2. To whom is Harry married?
3. When does the story take place?
4. Where does Anna draw this person's attention?
(a) To the portrait of a man hanging on the wall.
(b) To the man on the television.
(c) To the man standing on the porch next to her apartment building.
(d) To a man standing on the corner on the street below.
5. When does the play begin?
(a) At nine o'clock in the evening.
(b) At nine o'clock in the morning.
(c) At five o'clock in the evening.
(d) At five o'clock in the morning.
6. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
(a) She has broken her engagement to Tom.
(b) It is late at night.
(c) She has a lot to do the next day.
(d) She is tired of all the visitors.
7. Why does Harry say this to Tom?
(a) Tom does not understand Anna.
(b) Tom is too conventional for her.
(c) Tom is unkind.
(d) Tom deserves some hope in his life.
8. What does this person implore Anna to do?
(a) Explain why she no longer wants to be his wife.
(b) Explain why she no longer wants to marry him.
(c) Explain why they are no longer neighbors.
(d) Explain why they are no longer friends.
9. What does this play have to do with women?
(a) It is about the expectations and challenges faced by women who choose less conventional roles than those inherent in marriage.
(b) It is about the love women feel for men.
(c) It is about the friendships that women have with one another.
(d) It is about the fight for equality for all women.
10. Who does Harry suggest Anna would marry, if she were to marry anyone?
11. What is the connection between Anna and this person?
(a) They were married until very recently.
(b) They are good friends.
(c) They were engaged until very recently.
(d) They are neighbors.
12. What does this person say she will regret?
(a) Her decision to eschew it.
(b) Her decision to divorce him.
(c) Her decision to move to another building.
(d) Her decision to end the friendship.
13. What does Anna do when this person invites her along?
(a) She agrees to the invitation.
(b) She declines the invitation.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She does not respond.
14. What is this person doing later tonight?
(a) Spending time with his wife.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Visting her son.
(d) Having dinner with his new boss and his boss' wife.
15. Where is Anna's son?
(a) In a room next door.
(b) Away at school.
(c) On vacation.
(d) With his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of PLAY WITH A TIGER?
2. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
3. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
4. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
5. With whom is Anna?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)