|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harry suggest Anna would marry, if she were to marry anyone?
2. Why is Harry at Anna's flat?
(a) He has come to visit her.
(b) He has come to make sure she has filled her prescriptions.
(c) He has come for some sympathy over the end of a love affair.
(d) He has come to see if she is alright.
3. When does the play begin?
(a) At five o'clock in the morning.
(b) At nine o'clock in the morning.
(c) At five o'clock in the evening.
(d) At nine o'clock in the evening.
4. With whom is Anna?
5. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
(a) She leaves the room.
(b) She ignores it.
(c) She tells Tom to answer it.
(d) She tells Harry to answer it.
6. What issue does the person put aside?
(a) The issue of Anna not wanting to be her friend.
(b) The issue of Anna marrying him.
(c) The issue of Anna divorcing him.
(d) The issue of Anna wanting to move into another building.
7. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
(a) It is late at night.
(b) She has a lot to do the next day.
(c) She has broken her engagement to Tom.
(d) She is tired of all the visitors.
8. What does this person implore Anna to do?
(a) Explain why she no longer wants to marry him.
(b) Explain why they are no longer friends.
(c) Explain why they are no longer neighbors.
(d) Explain why she no longer wants to be his wife.
9. What is the one exception regarding Tom's comment to Harry?
(a) Helen does not want to see Harry.
(b) The extramarital affairs.
(c) Harry is not as much a fool as Tom.
(d) Anna does not love Harry.
10. About what is this play?
(a) The dynamics of human relationships.
(b) The dynamics of neighbors in a London apartment building.
(c) The life of a woman in a small town.
(d) The relationships between husbands and wives.
11. How is Dave unique among Anna's male friends?
(a) He is not married.
(b) He is the only one unconventional enough to appeal to Anna on a long-term basis.
(c) He is the only one who truly understands Anna.
(d) He is not in love with her.
12. Why is Anna repelled?
(a) Dave is very needy and would not allow her much freedom.
(b) Mary is always coming over to borrow cooking supplies from Anna.
(c) Tom has accepted a position as a business manager for a women's magazine.
(d) Janet is a very noisy neighbor and makes it difficult for Anna to concentrate when she is working.
13. What does Anna predict about Dave?
(a) He will ulitmately end up like no other man she knows.
(b) He will ultimately end up like all the other men she knows.
(c) He will be happy.
(d) He will ultimately leave her.
14. What is this person doing later tonight?
(a) Having dinner with his new boss and his boss' wife.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Spending time with his wife.
(d) Visting her son.
15. Why does the man stand there every night?
(a) He is the weather man and presents the forecast.
(b) He is waiting for his wife to come out of the house.
(c) In anticipation of seeing one of the women who lives across the street.
(d) It is a painting of Anna's late husband, standing next to her by their first home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of PLAY WITH A TIGER?
2. Before long, why does Dave arrive at Anna's building?
3. What does this person say she will regret?
4. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
5. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)