|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Janet tricked him?
(a) To upset him.
(b) In order to force him to marry her.
(c) In order to force him to marry Anna.
(d) To be cruel.
2. What does Anna think Dave will do?
(a) Move away from London.
(b) Find a woman he loves.
(c) Get married and cheat on his wife.
(d) Understand her.
3. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Talk about Janet.
(c) Shut anything out.
(d) Worry about Janet.
4. What does Anna do when this person invites her along?
(a) She agrees to the invitation.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She does not respond.
(d) She declines the invitation.
5. When does the story take place?
6. What does this play have to do with women?
(a) It is about the love women feel for men.
(b) It is about the expectations and challenges faced by women who choose less conventional roles than those inherent in marriage.
(c) It is about the fight for equality for all women.
(d) It is about the friendships that women have with one another.
7. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
(a) She dislikes Tom immensely.
(b) She knows Anna will never marry anyone.
(c) She is very sure of herself.
(d) She has become Anna's friend over the years.
8. Who is the author of PLAY WITH A TIGER?
(a) Doris Lessing.
(b) Deloris Leonard.
(c) Dana Lucas.
(d) Danielle Lawrence.
9. Who does Harry suggest Anna would marry, if she were to marry anyone?
10. About what is this play?
(a) The life of a woman in a small town.
(b) The relationships between husbands and wives.
(c) The dynamics of neighbors in a London apartment building.
(d) The dynamics of human relationships.
11. When does the play begin?
(a) At nine o'clock in the evening.
(b) At nine o'clock in the morning.
(c) At five o'clock in the morning.
(d) At five o'clock in the evening.
12. To whom is Harry married?
13. Who is Harry Paine?
(a) Anna's doctor.
(b) Anna's neighbor.
(c) A friend of Anna's.
(d) Anna's boyfriend.
14. Where does this play take place?
(a) The suburban home of Camilla Jackson.
(b) The London home of Mary Jackson.
(c) The country home of Lucinda Jackson.
(d) The New York City home of Janet Jackson.
15. What does Janet know about Anna?
(a) Anna is single.
(b) Dave is in love with her.
(c) Dave is her friend.
(d) Anna is a kind woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the connection between Anna and this person?
2. Who enters Anna's room?
3. How is Dave unique among Anna's male friends?
4. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
5. When Mary is about to ask Anna if she would like to go for some coffee, what stops her?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)