|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this play take place?
(a) The London home of Mary Jackson.
(b) The country home of Lucinda Jackson.
(c) The suburban home of Camilla Jackson.
(d) The New York City home of Janet Jackson.
2. What does Anna's cool demeanor do to Dave?
(a) It infuriates him.
(b) It slightly irritates him.
(c) It does not bother him.
(d) It annoys him.
3. What does Janet know about Anna?
(a) Anna is single.
(b) Dave is in love with her.
(c) Anna is a kind woman.
(d) Dave is her friend.
4. When does the story take place?
5. Before long, why does Dave arrive at Anna's building?
(a) He wants to break up with her.
(b) He wants to propose.
(c) He wants to talk to her about Janet.
(d) He wants to reconcile with her.
6. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
(a) They are in the middle of a disagreement.
(b) She is signing a new lease.
(c) They are signing the divorce papers.
(d) He is about to propose.
7. What issue does the person put aside?
(a) The issue of Anna not wanting to be her friend.
(b) The issue of Anna marrying him.
(c) The issue of Anna divorcing him.
(d) The issue of Anna wanting to move into another building.
8. What does Anna tell Tom regarding his last comment about her future?
(a) She would prefer to be married but cannot find a decent man.
(b) She prefers to be single.
(c) She prefers her friendship with Mary to anyone else.
(d) She prefers an authentic relationship with herself to one where she compromises in order to be married.
9. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
(d) Dave Miller.
10. What does this man think Anna needs?
(a) A man to protect her from danger.
(b) More independence.
(c) A secure future with someone such as himself.
(d) A nicer apartment.
11. Who is Harry Paine?
(a) A friend of Anna's.
(b) Anna's doctor.
(c) Anna's neighbor.
(d) Anna's boyfriend.
12. Why does Mary leave?
(a) She is upset with Tom.
(b) She must go finish her laundry.
(c) The phone rings.
(d) The doorbell rings.
13. Who does Harry suggest Anna would marry, if she were to marry anyone?
14. What does this play have to do with women?
(a) It is about the fight for equality for all women.
(b) It is about the love women feel for men.
(c) It is about the friendships that women have with one another.
(d) It is about the expectations and challenges faced by women who choose less conventional roles than those inherent in marriage.
15. What does Tom use the arrival of this woman to do?
(b) Bother Mary.
(c) Flirt with Janet.
(d) Annoy Anna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
2. Why does Harry say this to Tom?
3. Where is Anna's son?
4. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
5. What would Janet like Anna to do for her?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)