|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What issue does the person put aside?
(a) The issue of Anna not wanting to be her friend.
(b) The issue of Anna marrying him.
(c) The issue of Anna wanting to move into another building.
(d) The issue of Anna divorcing him.
2. What is the connection between Anna and this person?
(a) They were engaged until very recently.
(b) They were married until very recently.
(c) They are good friends.
(d) They are neighbors.
3. What does this play have to do with women?
(a) It is about the love women feel for men.
(b) It is about the fight for equality for all women.
(c) It is about the friendships that women have with one another.
(d) It is about the expectations and challenges faced by women who choose less conventional roles than those inherent in marriage.
4. What does Janet know about Anna?
(a) Dave is in love with her.
(b) Dave is her friend.
(c) Anna is single.
(d) Anna is a kind woman.
5. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
(c) Dave Miller.
6. With whom is Anna?
7. Why else is Anna distraught?
(a) She realizes that no one really cares for her.
(b) She realizes that any long-term commitment from Dave is not possible either.
(c) She realizes that Janet will hurt Dave.
(d) She realizes she has two men in love with her.
8. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
(a) She is very sure of herself.
(b) She knows Anna will never marry anyone.
(c) She has become Anna's friend over the years.
(d) She dislikes Tom immensely.
9. What would Janet like Anna to do for her?
(a) Leave Dave alone.
(b) Ignore Dave.
(c) Keep what she has said a secret.
(d) Explain everything to Dave.
10. Why has Janet Stevens arrived?
(a) She is looking for Dave.
(b) She is looking for Anna.
(c) She is looking for Mary.
(d) She is looking for Tom.
11. What does Anna do when Harry invites her to go out for a few drinks?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She accepts.
(c) She declines.
(d) She says nothing.
12. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
(a) At the corner store.
(b) Inside Anna's kitchen.
(c) Outside her door.
(d) At her front door.
13. Why does Harry say this to Tom?
(a) Tom deserves some hope in his life.
(b) Tom does not understand Anna.
(c) Tom is too conventional for her.
(d) Tom is unkind.
14. What does Anna predict about Dave?
(a) He will ultimately end up like all the other men she knows.
(b) He will be happy.
(c) He will ulitmately end up like no other man she knows.
(d) He will ultimately leave her.
15. When Mary is about to ask Anna if she would like to go for some coffee, what stops her?
(a) She sees Anna asleep on the couch.
(b) She sees Tom.
(c) She hears the phone ring.
(d) She remembers that her laundry is done in the washer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Harry at Anna's flat?
2. Who does Harry suggest Anna would marry, if she were to marry anyone?
3. Where does Anna draw this person's attention?
4. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
5. How is Dave unique among Anna's male friends?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)