|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Janet tricked him?
(a) To be cruel.
(b) To upset him.
(c) In order to force him to marry Anna.
(d) In order to force him to marry her.
2. What does Anna tell Tom regarding his last comment about her future?
(a) She prefers an authentic relationship with herself to one where she compromises in order to be married.
(b) She would prefer to be married but cannot find a decent man.
(c) She prefers to be single.
(d) She prefers her friendship with Mary to anyone else.
3. Why is Harry at Anna's flat?
(a) He has come to see if she is alright.
(b) He has come for some sympathy over the end of a love affair.
(c) He has come to visit her.
(d) He has come to make sure she has filled her prescriptions.
4. When Mary is about to ask Anna if she would like to go for some coffee, what stops her?
(a) She remembers that her laundry is done in the washer.
(b) She sees Anna asleep on the couch.
(c) She hears the phone ring.
(d) She sees Tom.
5. When does the play begin?
(a) At five o'clock in the evening.
(b) At nine o'clock in the morning.
(c) At five o'clock in the morning.
(d) At nine o'clock in the evening.
6. What does Tom use the arrival of this woman to do?
(a) Flirt with Janet.
(b) Bother Mary.
(d) Annoy Anna.
7. Who is Harry Paine?
(a) Anna's neighbor.
(b) A friend of Anna's.
(c) Anna's boyfriend.
(d) Anna's doctor.
8. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
(a) They are signing the divorce papers.
(b) They are in the middle of a disagreement.
(c) He is about to propose.
(d) She is signing a new lease.
9. Why else is Anna distraught?
(a) She realizes that any long-term commitment from Dave is not possible either.
(b) She realizes that Janet will hurt Dave.
(c) She realizes she has two men in love with her.
(d) She realizes that no one really cares for her.
10. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
(a) Talk about Janet.
(b) Shut anything out.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Worry about Janet.
11. How is Tom correct in his comment to Harry?
(a) Harry has a very conventional job and lifestyle.
(b) Harry is a fool.
(c) Harry is in love with Anna.
(d) Harry should go see his wife.
12. What is the connection between Anna and this person?
(a) They are neighbors.
(b) They are good friends.
(c) They were married until very recently.
(d) They were engaged until very recently.
13. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
(a) She has divorced her husband for Harry.
(b) She has left him to get married.
(c) She has a new boyfriend.
(d) She has left for college.
14. What does Anna do when this person invites her along?
(a) She does not respond.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She declines the invitation.
(d) She agrees to the invitation.
15. What does Anna think Dave will do?
(a) Move away from London.
(b) Get married and cheat on his wife.
(c) Find a woman he loves.
(d) Understand her.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is this play?
2. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
3. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
4. Why does Anna respond to this person this way about his invitation?
5. To whom is Harry married?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)