|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary leave?
(a) She must go finish her laundry.
(b) She is upset with Tom.
(c) The doorbell rings.
(d) The phone rings.
2. What does Anna tell Tom regarding his last comment about her future?
(a) She would prefer to be married but cannot find a decent man.
(b) She prefers to be single.
(c) She prefers an authentic relationship with herself to one where she compromises in order to be married.
(d) She prefers her friendship with Mary to anyone else.
3. What does this play have to do with women?
(a) It is about the expectations and challenges faced by women who choose less conventional roles than those inherent in marriage.
(b) It is about the friendships that women have with one another.
(c) It is about the love women feel for men.
(d) It is about the fight for equality for all women.
4. What happens after Dave finally wears down Anna's resistance?
(a) The two glare at one another.
(b) The two sit on opposite sides of the room and ignore each other.
(c) The two sit on the couch to think.
(d) The two sit close on the floor to discuss the situation.
5. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
(a) By telling him he should marry Anna.
(b) By telling him he is a fool.
(c) By telling him that he should go see his wife.
(d) By telling him that he is not much different from Harry.
6. What does this person tell Anna she will one day see?
(a) The value of being regularly employed.
(b) How good she had it as his wife.
(c) How good this apartment was.
(d) The value of this woman's friendship.
7. What does Anna think Dave will do?
(a) Move away from London.
(b) Understand her.
(c) Get married and cheat on his wife.
(d) Find a woman he loves.
8. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
(d) Dave Miller.
9. What does Anna do when Harry invites her to go out for a few drinks?
(a) She says nothing.
(b) She declines.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She accepts.
10. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
(a) At her front door.
(b) Outside her door.
(c) At the corner store.
(d) Inside Anna's kitchen.
11. Why has Janet Stevens arrived?
(a) She is looking for Dave.
(b) She is looking for Tom.
(c) She is looking for Mary.
(d) She is looking for Anna.
12. Where is Anna's son?
(a) With his father.
(b) In a room next door.
(c) On vacation.
(d) Away at school.
13. What does this person say she will regret?
(a) Her decision to divorce him.
(b) Her decision to eschew it.
(c) Her decision to end the friendship.
(d) Her decision to move to another building.
14. To whom is Harry married?
15. What does Anna do to make a living?
(a) She is a musician.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is a freelance writer.
(d) She is a chef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna's cool demeanor do to Dave?
2. Who is the author of PLAY WITH A TIGER?
3. How might her future not be like this?
4. About what is this play?
5. What does Anna refuse to do?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)