|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janet announce?
(a) She does not love Dave.
(b) She is breaking up with Dave.
(c) She is going to become pregnant with Dave's child.
(d) She is five months pregnant.
2. With whom is Anna?
3. What does Anna's cool demeanor do to Dave?
(a) It infuriates him.
(b) It annoys him.
(c) It slightly irritates him.
(d) It does not bother him.
4. What does Anna predict about Dave?
(a) He will be happy.
(b) He will ultimately end up like all the other men she knows.
(c) He will ulitmately end up like no other man she knows.
(d) He will ultimately leave her.
5. Who is the author of PLAY WITH A TIGER?
(a) Doris Lessing.
(b) Dana Lucas.
(c) Danielle Lawrence.
(d) Deloris Leonard.
6. Why does Mary leave?
(a) She must go finish her laundry.
(b) She is upset with Tom.
(c) The phone rings.
(d) The doorbell rings.
7. While Harry waits for Mary to get ready to go out, what does Harry tell Tom?
(a) He is the most annoying person Harry has ever met.
(b) Anna would have never married Tom.
(c) He is a fool.
(d) Anna will marry him some day.
8. Who enters Anna's room?
(a) A visitor.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her son.
9. What does this man think Anna needs?
(a) A secure future with someone such as himself.
(b) More independence.
(c) A man to protect her from danger.
(d) A nicer apartment.
10. What issue does the person put aside?
(a) The issue of Anna wanting to move into another building.
(b) The issue of Anna not wanting to be her friend.
(c) The issue of Anna marrying him.
(d) The issue of Anna divorcing him.
11. Why does Anna respond to this person this way about his invitation?
(a) She finds the invitation rediculous.
(b) She enjoys dinner parties very much.
(c) She deplores all the trappings that go along with regular employment.
(d) She is not sure if she wants to go with him.
12. What does Mary do when the doorbell rings again?
(a) She leaves the room.
(b) She ignores it.
(c) She tells Tom to answer it.
(d) She tells Harry to answer it.
13. What happens after Dave finally wears down Anna's resistance?
(a) The two sit on the couch to think.
(b) The two sit close on the floor to discuss the situation.
(c) The two glare at one another.
(d) The two sit on opposite sides of the room and ignore each other.
14. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
(a) She agrees with him.
(b) She is angry with him.
(c) She is upset for herself and Mary.
(d) She is surprised at his comment.
15. What does Janet know about Anna?
(a) Dave is in love with her.
(b) Dave is her friend.
(c) Anna is a kind woman.
(d) Anna is single.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this play have to do with women?
2. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
3. What does Anna think Dave will do?
4. About what is this play?
5. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)