|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Janet Stevens arrived?
(a) She is looking for Tom.
(b) She is looking for Dave.
(c) She is looking for Anna.
(d) She is looking for Mary.
2. Who enters Anna's room?
(a) Her husband.
(b) A visitor.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her son.
3. What is this person doing later tonight?
(a) Having dinner with his new boss and his boss' wife.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Visting her son.
(d) Spending time with his wife.
4. What happens after Dave finally wears down Anna's resistance?
(a) The two sit close on the floor to discuss the situation.
(b) The two sit on the couch to think.
(c) The two sit on opposite sides of the room and ignore each other.
(d) The two glare at one another.
5. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
(c) Dave Miller.
6. What is the connection between Anna and this person?
(a) They are good friends.
(b) They were married until very recently.
(c) They were engaged until very recently.
(d) They are neighbors.
7. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
(a) She is signing a new lease.
(b) He is about to propose.
(c) They are in the middle of a disagreement.
(d) They are signing the divorce papers.
8. What does Anna refuse to do?
(a) Take part in Janet's scheme.
(b) Ignore Dave.
(c) Leave Dave.
(d) Keep her secret.
9. Where does this play take place?
(a) The London home of Mary Jackson.
(b) The suburban home of Camilla Jackson.
(c) The country home of Lucinda Jackson.
(d) The New York City home of Janet Jackson.
10. What does Anna do when Harry invites her to go out for a few drinks?
(a) She declines.
(b) She says nothing.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She accepts.
11. What does Anna tell Tom regarding his last comment about her future?
(a) She prefers to be single.
(b) She would prefer to be married but cannot find a decent man.
(c) She prefers an authentic relationship with herself to one where she compromises in order to be married.
(d) She prefers her friendship with Mary to anyone else.
12. What would Janet like Anna to do for her?
(a) Keep what she has said a secret.
(b) Leave Dave alone.
(c) Explain everything to Dave.
(d) Ignore Dave.
13. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
(a) She has left for college.
(b) She has a new boyfriend.
(c) She has divorced her husband for Harry.
(d) She has left him to get married.
14. What does Anna predict about Dave?
(a) He will ulitmately end up like no other man she knows.
(b) He will be happy.
(c) He will ultimately end up like all the other men she knows.
(d) He will ultimately leave her.
15. When does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom tell Anna regarding her future?
2. Why else is Anna distraught?
3. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
4. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
5. Why has Janet tricked him?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)