|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before long, why does Dave arrive at Anna's building?
(a) He wants to break up with her.
(b) He wants to propose.
(c) He wants to talk to her about Janet.
(d) He wants to reconcile with her.
2. What does this person tell Anna she will one day see?
(a) The value of this woman's friendship.
(b) How good she had it as his wife.
(c) The value of being regularly employed.
(d) How good this apartment was.
3. Why does Mary feel comfortable telling Tom that Anna will never marry him?
(a) She has become Anna's friend over the years.
(b) She dislikes Tom immensely.
(c) She knows Anna will never marry anyone.
(d) She is very sure of herself.
4. Why else is Anna distraught?
(a) She realizes that Janet will hurt Dave.
(b) She realizes that any long-term commitment from Dave is not possible either.
(c) She realizes she has two men in love with her.
(d) She realizes that no one really cares for her.
5. To whom is Harry married?
6. How might her future not be like this?
(a) If she does not marry him.
(b) If she marries him.
(c) If she marries Dave.
(d) If he marries someone else.
7. Why has Janet Stevens arrived?
(a) She is looking for Mary.
(b) She is looking for Anna.
(c) She is looking for Dave.
(d) She is looking for Tom.
8. What issue does the person put aside?
(a) The issue of Anna not wanting to be her friend.
(b) The issue of Anna divorcing him.
(c) The issue of Anna marrying him.
(d) The issue of Anna wanting to move into another building.
9. What does Tom tell Anna regarding her future?
(a) She will fall in love.
(b) She will end up like Mary.
(c) She will marry him.
(d) She will be happy.
10. How does Tom take Harry off guard?
(a) By telling him that he is not much different from Harry.
(b) By telling him he should marry Anna.
(c) By telling him that he should go see his wife.
(d) By telling him he is a fool.
11. What does Anna's cool demeanor do to Dave?
(a) It slightly irritates him.
(b) It does not bother him.
(c) It infuriates him.
(d) It annoys him.
12. Why is Anna clearly distraught?
(a) It is late at night.
(b) She has broken her engagement to Tom.
(c) She has a lot to do the next day.
(d) She is tired of all the visitors.
13. Why has Janet tricked him?
(a) In order to force him to marry her.
(b) To upset him.
(c) In order to force him to marry Anna.
(d) To be cruel.
14. Who enters Anna's room?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A visitor.
(d) Her son.
15. What does Tom use the arrival of this woman to do?
(a) Annoy Anna.
(b) Flirt with Janet.
(d) Bother Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is this play?
2. What has happened to Harry's latest girlfriend?
3. Why does the man stand there every night?
4. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
5. Why does Anna respond to this person this way about his invitation?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)