|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Anna?
2. Why does Harry say this to Tom?
(a) Tom is too conventional for her.
(b) Tom does not understand Anna.
(c) Tom is unkind.
(d) Tom deserves some hope in his life.
3. What does Tom use the arrival of this woman to do?
(b) Flirt with Janet.
(c) Annoy Anna.
(d) Bother Mary.
4. Why is Harry at Anna's flat?
(a) He has come to see if she is alright.
(b) He has come for some sympathy over the end of a love affair.
(c) He has come to make sure she has filled her prescriptions.
(d) He has come to visit her.
5. What does Mary sense is going on between Anna and her guest?
(a) They are in the middle of a disagreement.
(b) He is about to propose.
(c) They are signing the divorce papers.
(d) She is signing a new lease.
6. Why is Anna repelled?
(a) Janet is a very noisy neighbor and makes it difficult for Anna to concentrate when she is working.
(b) Mary is always coming over to borrow cooking supplies from Anna.
(c) Dave is very needy and would not allow her much freedom.
(d) Tom has accepted a position as a business manager for a women's magazine.
7. Why does Mary leave?
(a) The phone rings.
(b) She must go finish her laundry.
(c) The doorbell rings.
(d) She is upset with Tom.
8. How does Anna react to Tom's comment?
(a) She is upset for herself and Mary.
(b) She is angry with him.
(c) She is surprised at his comment.
(d) She agrees with him.
9. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
(a) Dave Miller.
10. What does Dave urge Anna to not do?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Talk about Janet.
(c) Worry about Janet.
(d) Shut anything out.
11. What does this person say she will regret?
(a) Her decision to divorce him.
(b) Her decision to end the friendship.
(c) Her decision to eschew it.
(d) Her decision to move to another building.
12. How is Tom correct in his comment to Harry?
(a) Harry is in love with Anna.
(b) Harry has a very conventional job and lifestyle.
(c) Harry should go see his wife.
(d) Harry is a fool.
13. When does the play begin?
(a) At nine o'clock in the morning.
(b) At nine o'clock in the evening.
(c) At five o'clock in the morning.
(d) At five o'clock in the evening.
14. What does Anna do to make a living?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a musician.
(c) She is a chef.
(d) She is a freelance writer.
15. Where does this play take place?
(a) The London home of Mary Jackson.
(b) The country home of Lucinda Jackson.
(c) The suburban home of Camilla Jackson.
(d) The New York City home of Janet Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Dave unique among Anna's male friends?
2. What does this person tell Anna she will one day see?
3. Why has Janet tricked him?
4. Where does Mary Jackson arrive?
5. What does Anna do when Harry invites her to go out for a few drinks?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)