|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Dave finally wears down Anna's resistance?
(a) The two glare at one another.
(b) The two sit on opposite sides of the room and ignore each other.
(c) The two sit close on the floor to discuss the situation.
(d) The two sit on the couch to think.
2. Why does Anna respond to this person this way about his invitation?
(a) She enjoys dinner parties very much.
(b) She finds the invitation rediculous.
(c) She is not sure if she wants to go with him.
(d) She deplores all the trappings that go along with regular employment.
3. What is the connection between Anna and this person?
(a) They were engaged until very recently.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) They are good friends.
(d) They were married until very recently.
4. Why is Anna repelled?
(a) Tom has accepted a position as a business manager for a women's magazine.
(b) Dave is very needy and would not allow her much freedom.
(c) Janet is a very noisy neighbor and makes it difficult for Anna to concentrate when she is working.
(d) Mary is always coming over to borrow cooking supplies from Anna.
5. What does this person implore Anna to do?
(a) Explain why she no longer wants to marry him.
(b) Explain why they are no longer friends.
(c) Explain why she no longer wants to be his wife.
(d) Explain why they are no longer neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry suggest Anna would marry, if she were to marry anyone?
2. Who is another one of Anna's suitors?
3. About what is this play?
4. When does the story take place?
5. Where does this play take place?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)