* PLAY WITH A TIGER is Doris Lessing's play about the dynamics of human relationships and the expectations and challenges faced by women who choose less conventional roles than those inherent in marriage.
* The story takes place in 1958 at the London home of Mary Jackson, who rents a few rooms to Anna Freeman, a tenant of many years.
* The play begins at nine o'clock in the evening, and Anna is in her room with Tom Lattimer to whom she was engaged until very recently.
* Tom implores Anna to explain why she no longer wants to marry him.
* Anna is a freelance writer, and Tom thinks that a secure future with someone such as himself is just what Anna needs.
* Anna is repelled because Tom has accepted a position as a business manager for a women's magazine.
* Tom must have dinner with his new boss and his boss's wife...
This section contains 1,507 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)