|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Catherine's husband?
2. In Hemingway's work, who represents an outlaw of sexuality?
(a) White men.
(b) White women.
(c) Black women.
(d) Black men.
3. In the book about Faulkner, what "show their flaws best in written form"?
(a) Racial divisions.
(b) Racial tension.
4. Which of the following is not a linguistic strategy employed in fiction to engage the serious consequences of blacks as an economy of stereotype as listed by Morrison?
5. What is the second meditation that Morrison suggests an American group offers itself up as a surrogate for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group does Morrison say responds to culture the most?
2. In Harry Morgan's crew, what is the name of the black man?
3. What does Morrison describe as the third feature of a non-American?
4. What does Morrison describe as being the second feature of a non-American?
5. Who wrote Voyagers of the West?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does William Carlos Williams's Adam describe?
2. Why do Africanist characters serve as surrogates and enablers?
3. Describe the quote Morrison uses from James Snead's book on Faulkner?
4. Why is the act of ignoring race in literature a racist act?
5. What role do black men play in Hemingway's works?
6. What is Morrison's deliberation entirely about?
7. According to Morrison, when is mankind bereft?
8. How is Hemingway's work distant from African Americans?
9. How does Huckleberry Finn critique class and race?
10. Describe Catherine's desires in The Garden of Eden. What does this point out?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)