|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Voyagers of the West, what are the settlers becoming?
2. How does Morrison describe the act of ignoring race?
(b) Literary whiteness.
3. What is the first role that the Africanist character serves as?
(a) Benevolent figure.
(c) Intentional racist target.
(d) A way to evoke emotion.
4. What does the American group that offers itself up as a surrogate represent a meditation on?
(b) Human freedom.
(d) Racial tension.
5. Which of the following is the first duty of a persona?
6. Who wrote Voyagers of the West?
7. Morrison's investigation is specifically listed as not being one of which of the following?
(a) White and black dichotomy.
(b) Racist and non-racist literature.
(c) White and black American literature.
(d) American and European literature.
8. The serviceability of the Africanist presence is more pronounced when Hemingway describes the relationships between which groups?
(a) Artists and non-artists.
(b) The faith and the faithless.
(c) Blacks and whites.
(d) Males and females.
9. What group of America's population offers itself up as a surrogate, in Morrison's point of view?
10. Which of the following is not a linguistic strategy employed in fiction to engage the serious consequences of blacks as an economy of stereotype as listed by Morrison?
11. Which of the following does Morrison claim literature concerns?
(a) Indulgence interacting with the world.
(b) Imagination interacting with the world.
(c) Faith interacting with the world.
(d) Creativity interacting with the world.
12. In the novel featuring Catherine, what is the social taboo of blackness associated with?
13. In Harry Morgan's crew, what is the name of the black man?
14. In reference to the opening passage, how does Morrison claim race is used?
15. What does Huckleberry Finn critique?
(a) Class and race.
(b) Complex emotions.
(d) Sexuality and racism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does William Dunbar claim land?
2. What is the white image related to the erasure of, according to Morrison?
3. What type of possibilities does Morrison think slavery enriches in America?
4. What are Dunbar's finer sensibilities dulled by?
5. Africanism acquiring a metaphysical necessity is not the same as losing its _______?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)