|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of possibilities does Morrison think slavery enriches in America?
2. In the book featuring Henry Morgan, what is stressed?
3. What are the two characters who discuss sex in Hemingway's work?
(a) Hanna and Marshall.
(b) Harry and Marie.
(c) Harold and Manny.
(d) Morgan and Henrietta.
4. What does America's flight from one thing to another identify as an escape from?
(d) Racial pressures.
5. What is the name of the book Morrison opens with in Chapter 3?
6. What does Huckleberry Finn critique?
(b) Class and race.
(c) Complex emotions.
(d) Sexuality and racism.
7. In the novel, what does Catherine want to be?
8. How does Morrison describe the act of ignoring race?
(b) Literary whiteness.
9. Which of the following does Morrison claim literature concerns?
(a) Indulgence interacting with the world.
(b) Faith interacting with the world.
(c) Creativity interacting with the world.
(d) Imagination interacting with the world.
10. Which of the following words best describes Henry Morgan?
11. According to Morrison, whose work is free of agenda and sensitivity?
12. In which novel does Morrison discuss a character named Catherine?
(a) The Equivalence of Women.
(b) The Fear of the Brave.
(c) The Garden of Eden.
(d) The Faith of Mankind.
13. What has the image of the bound and suppressed darkness become objectified as?
(a) Africanist persona.
(b) Black persona.
(c) Benevolent person.
(d) White persona.
14. What is the name of Catherine's husband?
15. What type of settlers does Voyagers of the West investigate?
(b) South American.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hemingway's work, who represents an outlaw of sexuality?
2. Who does Morrison consider to be the most important early American writer in regard to the concept of Africanism in literature?
3. What does Morrison describe as being the second feature of a non-American?
4. Morrison's investigation is specifically listed as not being one of which of the following?
5. What does Morrison describe as the third feature of a non-American?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)