|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Disturbing Nurses and the Kindness of Sharks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Morrison claim literature concerns?
(a) Imagination interacting with the world.
(b) Faith interacting with the world.
(c) Creativity interacting with the world.
(d) Indulgence interacting with the world.
2. Which flight is described by Morrison as an escape?
(a) War to peace.
(b) Happiness to unruliness.
(c) Old World to New World.
(d) Anger to acceptance.
3. What group does Dunbar write about the suppression of?
4. Where does Morrison claim to apply the knowledge in Playing in the Dark?
(a) The way she reads.
(b) The way she communicates.
(c) The way she argues.
(d) The class she teaches.
5. Who wrote the quote from Penelogical Studies: Southern Exposure?
(a) Henry James.
(b) Robert Penn Warren.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Tori Morrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hemingway's works, what do black nurse-men often articulate?
2. In Harry Morgan's crew, what is the name of the black man?
3. What does the American group that offers itself up as a surrogate represent a meditation on?
4. When did Morrison read The Words to Say It?
5. What is the name of Sapphira's slave?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)