|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Disturbing Nurses and the Kindness of Sharks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Morrison, what do readers and writers struggle to interpret?
(a) Excitement and happiness.
(c) Imagined worlds.
(d) Character traits like anger.
2. Morrison claims that she does not want to replace what with Afrocentric domination?
3. In the novel featuring Catherine, what is the social taboo of blackness associated with?
4. What rises up when the character dies in The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym?
(b) Black smoke.
(c) White shadows.
(d) Gray fog.
5. According to Morrison, what do writers seem to think whiteness is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of What Maisie Knew?
2. What group of America's population offers itself up as a surrogate, in Morrison's point of view?
3. How many lectures is Playing in the Dark based on?
4. What notion must a writer be aware of when reading and writing?
5. Where did Cardinal grow up?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)