|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Disturbing Nurses and the Kindness of Sharks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In one of Hemingway's works, which character provides a juxtaposition to Catherine?
2. In Hemingway's works, what do black nurse-men often articulate?
(a) Narrator's love affairs.
(b) Narrator's quality.
(c) Narrator's doom.
(d) Narrator's exact emotions.
3. Which of the following words refers to denotative and connotative blackness that the African people have come to signify?
(b) Black literature.
4. Who is the author of the quote from Preludes IV?
(a) T.S. Eliot.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) John Steinbeck.
(d) Virginia Woolf.
5. Morrison's investigation is specifically listed as not being one of which of the following?
(a) American and European literature.
(b) White and black dichotomy.
(c) White and black American literature.
(d) Racist and non-racist literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is American literature described as being in Playing in the Dark?
2. Who is the author of Three Lives?
3. How does the character discussing sex in Hemingway's novel think of black women?
4. In the attack on Algeria, what does Cardinal see?
5. What does Morrison start a file to document?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)