|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Disturbing Nurses and the Kindness of Sharks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Morrison, what do readers and writers struggle to interpret?
(a) Character traits like anger.
(b) Imagined worlds.
(d) Excitement and happiness.
2. How many pages into The Words to Say It does "the thing" happen?
3. In Harry Morgan's crew, what is the name of the black man?
4. Where did Cardinal grow up?
(d) United States.
5. In the attack on Algeria, what does Cardinal see?
(a) White slaughter of a black mother.
(b) Vengeful slaughter of an innocent.
(c) White slaughter of a white mother.
(d) White slaughter of an Indian mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. The serviceability of the Africanist presence is more pronounced when Hemingway describes the relationships between which groups?
2. What group does Dunbar write about the suppression of?
3. The presence of blacks is inherent and inextricable from the definition of which word?
4. What does Morrison describe Sapphira and the Slave Girl as being an example of?
5. What are Dunbar's finer sensibilities dulled by?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)