|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Romancing the Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Morrison claim to apply the knowledge in Playing in the Dark?
(a) The way she argues.
(b) The way she communicates.
(c) The way she reads.
(d) The class she teaches.
2. Who did Morrison thank for helping her with the book?
(a) Peter Delano.
(b) Peter Destiny.
(c) Peter Dimock.
(d) Peter Dratton.
3. What does Morrison claim is not representative of a black woman for her?
(d) All of the above.
4. Who wrote The Words to Say It?
(a) Maxine Christenson.
(b) Marie Cardinal.
(c) Marilee Coxwell.
(d) Mason Conte.
5. Where were the lectures that Playing in the Dark is based on given?
(c) University of Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Morrison describe the act of ignoring race?
2. What is American literature described as being in Playing in the Dark?
3. What type of writer is Poe?
4. In Morrison's point of view, what does the fabrication of an Africanist presence a reflexive mediation on?
5. What type of settlers does Voyagers of the West investigate?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)