|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Romancing the Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Morrison describe the act of ignoring race?
(d) Literary whiteness.
2. Which flight is described by Morrison as an escape?
(a) War to peace.
(b) Happiness to unruliness.
(c) Anger to acceptance.
(d) Old World to New World.
3. How many lectures is Playing in the Dark based on?
4. What type of writer is Poe?
5. For Morrison, when a writer is challenged and activities are more difficult, what else do they become?
(a) Less valuable.
(b) Less significant.
(c) More rewarding.
(d) More exciting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sapphira plot to rape her slave?
2. What is the opposite of restrained in the dichotomy present in Morrison's book?
3. Which of the following best describes Marie Cardinal?
4. Where were the lectures that Playing in the Dark is based on given?
5. Who is the author of Sapphira and the Slave Girl?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)