|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: Black Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author does Morrison mention first as containing black references?
2. Which of the following words does Morrison use to describe writers?
3. In Morrison's point of view, what does the fabrication of an Africanist presence a reflexive mediation on?
(a) The self.
4. What is American literature described as being in Playing in the Dark?
(a) A treasure trove.
(b) A bookshelf.
(c) A closet.
(d) A melting pot.
5. What is the name of Sapphira's slave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Words to Say It document about the author?
2. Who is the author of the quote from Preludes IV?
3. Who was criticized by a scholar who deemed the term "darky" acceptable?
4. Which of the following does Morrison acknowledge?
5. How many lectures is Playing in the Dark based on?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)