|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: Black Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about Africanism around the world?
(a) Europe is the only first-world region that does not acknowledge Africanism.
(b) The US is not unique in its construction of Africanism.
(c) American literature is the only type of literature that features Africanism.
(d) African literature is the only type of literature that has not constructed Africanism.
2. In the attack on Algeria, what does Cardinal see?
(a) White slaughter of a black mother.
(b) Vengeful slaughter of an innocent.
(c) White slaughter of an Indian mother.
(d) White slaughter of a white mother.
3. Where does Morrison teach?
4. What does The Words to Say It document about the author?
(a) The author's literary criticism of literature.
(b) The author's feelings about Africanist literature.
(c) The author's therapy and healing.
(d) The author's relationship.
5. Morrison says that what item reveals itself differently to each writer?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Morrison, what demands are put on black people?
2. Which of the following words refers to denotative and connotative blackness that the African people have come to signify?
3. Which of the following elements of racism does Morrison say studies of racism focus on?
4. What is the name of Sapphira's slave?
5. What put the author of The Words to Say It into a gripped panic?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)