|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: Black Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Morrison claim to apply the knowledge in Playing in the Dark?
(a) The way she argues.
(b) The way she reads.
(c) The class she teaches.
(d) The way she communicates.
2. Where did Cardinal grow up?
(b) United States.
3. What persuaded Morrison to read The Words to Say It?
(a) The author.
(b) The cover.
(c) The title.
(d) A synopsis.
4. Who does Sapphira plot to rape her slave?
(a) Her nephew.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
5. Who is the author of Three Lives?
(a) Henry James.
(b) Marie Cardinal.
(c) Willa Cather.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morrison say produces work?
2. Which word best describes Sapphira?
3. Which of the following elements of racism does Morrison say studies of racism focus on?
4. In the attack on Algeria, what does Cardinal see?
5. Who was criticized by a scholar who deemed the term "darky" acceptable?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)