|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: Black Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins to tear at Cardinal's nerves?
2. Who is the third author Morrison mentions as including black references in his or her work?
3. What does Morrison see that the subject of the dream is?
(a) The dreamer.
(b) The action in the dream.
(c) The symbolism of the dream.
(d) The dream itself.
4. Where were the lectures that Playing in the Dark is based on given?
(c) University of Washington.
5. Who is the second author Morrison mentions as including black references in his or her work?
(c) Du Maurier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Cardinal warned against having relationships with?
2. Which word best describes Sapphira?
3. For Morrison, when a writer is challenged and activities are more difficult, what else do they become?
4. In what role does Morrison see the subject of a dream?
5. What does Morrison describe Sapphira and the Slave Girl as being an example of?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)