|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: Black Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Morrison says that what item reveals itself differently to each writer?
2. According to Morrison, what do readers and writers struggle to interpret?
(a) Imagined worlds.
(b) Excitement and happiness.
(c) Character traits like anger.
3. Which of the following words does Morrison use to describe writers?
4. What analogy does Morrison use to describe what studies of racism should focus on?
(a) Study the children as well as the parents.
(b) Study the women as well as the men.
(c) Study the masters as well as the slaves.
(d) Study the students as well as the scholars.
5. What is the name of Sapphira's slave?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Morrison feel about the scholar who deemed the term "darky" acceptable?
2. What does Morrison wonder most about Cardinal?
3. Where does Morrison teach?
4. Who is the second author Morrison mentions as including black references in his or her work?
5. In what role does Morrison describe herself as assuming nothing happens?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)