|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: Black Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave the lectures that Morrison bases Playing in the Dark on?
(a) Wexley Moth.
(b) Willard Mast.
(c) Westley Morford.
(d) William Massey.
2. What begins to tear at Cardinal's nerves?
3. In what role does Morrison see the subject of a dream?
(a) Black woman.
4. Which group, according to Morrison, is more likely to claim that racism is neutral?
5. Why does Morrison claim to struggle with language that evokes hidden signals?
(a) She is a black writer.
(b) She is a good writer.
(c) She is a female writer.
(d) She is a bad writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morrison propose to investigate?
2. According to Morrison, what do readers and writers struggle to interpret?
3. What does Morrison see that the subject of the dream is?
4. What analogy does Morrison use to describe what studies of racism should focus on?
5. What put the author of The Words to Say It into a gripped panic?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)