|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: Black Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Possessed, where does Cardinal run?
(a) Into a concert hall.
(b) Into the park.
(c) Into the street.
(d) Into a theater.
2. What does Morrison determine is the cause of Nancy's mother's lack of maternal love?
(a) Her hair color.
(b) Her personality.
(c) Her kindness.
(d) Her skin color.
3. What does Morrison see that the subject of the dream is?
(a) The dreamer.
(b) The symbolism of the dream.
(c) The action in the dream.
(d) The dream itself.
4. How many pages into The Words to Say It does "the thing" happen?
5. What does Morrison's work require her to consider?
(a) How free she can be.
(b) How gender neutral she can be.
(c) How much further she can extend her study of American literature.
(d) How racialized she can be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morrison start a file to document?
2. Which word best describes Sapphira?
3. Who is the author of Three Lives?
4. Which of the following words refers to denotative and connotative blackness that the African people have come to signify?
5. What does Morrison claim has impoverished literature?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)