|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: Black Matters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Until recently, what did Morrison assume about all readers of American fiction?
(a) They are women.
(b) They are raceless.
(c) They are men.
(d) They are white.
2. Which of the following words does Morrison use to describe writers?
3. Who is the author of the quote from Preludes IV?
(a) Virginia Woolf.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) T.S. Eliot.
(d) William Shakespeare.
4. According to Cardinal, what does America plan to slaughter?
(c) United Kingdom.
5. Who wrote The Words to Say It?
(a) Marie Cardinal.
(b) Maxine Christenson.
(c) Marilee Coxwell.
(d) Mason Conte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What analogy does Morrison use to describe what studies of racism should focus on?
2. Who is the second author Morrison mentions as including black references in his or her work?
3. What hidden signals does Morrison look for?
4. What does Morrison claim is not representative of a black woman for her?
5. What does Morrison wish studies of racism would focus on?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)