|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Morrison acknowledge?
(a) That each reader reads differently.
(b) That each writer tries to avoid writing about race.
(c) That each author is biased.
(d) That each reader is looking for something different.
2. Who was Cardinal warned against having relationships with?
(a) Arab people.
(b) White people.
(c) Jewish people.
(d) Black people.
3. What begins to tear at Cardinal's nerves?
4. How many lectures is Playing in the Dark based on?
5. Why does Morrison claim to struggle with language that evokes hidden signals?
(a) She is a female writer.
(b) She is a bad writer.
(c) She is a good writer.
(d) She is a black writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Morrison, when a writer is challenged and activities are more difficult, what else do they become?
2. What hidden signals does Morrison look for?
3. What does Morrison claim is not representative of a black woman for her?
4. What does Morrison teach?
5. What did Cardinal tell her doctor not to keep in his office?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)