|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Possession?
(a) Ashley Bassat.
(b) Anthony Beccket.
(c) Arthur Brown.
(d) Antonia Byatt.
2. What two things does Morrison claim not to be extremely distinct for a writer?
(a) Visual art and performance art.
(b) Reading and drawing.
(c) Reading and writing.
(d) Speaking and writing.
3. Where does Morrison's vulnerability lie?
(a) Romanticizing blackness.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She is biased.
(d) Caring for racial superiority.
4. Where does Morrison claim to apply the knowledge in Playing in the Dark?
(a) The class she teaches.
(b) The way she argues.
(c) The way she communicates.
(d) The way she reads.
5. According to Cardinal, what does America plan to slaughter?
(c) United Kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Morrison skeptical about?
2. How many pages into The Words to Say It does "the thing" happen?
3. What is American literature described as being in Playing in the Dark?
4. What does Morrison teach?
5. What does Morrison claim is not representative of a black woman for her?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)