|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What put the author of The Words to Say It into a gripped panic?
(a) Louis Armstrong concert.
(b) Reading a book by Morrison.
(c) Studying Africanist literature.
(d) Reading Hemingway.
2. What notion must a writer be aware of when reading and writing?
3. Who was Cardinal warned against having relationships with?
(a) White people.
(b) Black people.
(c) Arab people.
(d) Jewish people.
4. How many lectures is Playing in the Dark based on?
5. Who did Morrison thank for helping her with the book?
(a) Peter Dratton.
(b) Peter Dimock.
(c) Peter Delano.
(d) Peter Destiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cardinal's first therapy realization concern?
2. Which of the dichotomies is shown in the example of a slave woman being kind to her mistress's children but her own mother is not good to her?
3. When did Morrison read The Words to Say It?
4. What does Morrison consider the consequences of?
5. In the attack on Algeria, what does Cardinal see?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)