|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book discusses certain kinds of readings that seem inextricable from certain experiences of writing and knowledge?
(a) Playing in the Dark.
(b) The Words to Say It.
(d) Preludes IV.
2. Why does Morrison claim to struggle with language that evokes hidden signals?
(a) She is a bad writer.
(b) She is a black writer.
(c) She is a female writer.
(d) She is a good writer.
3. Which of the following best describes Marie Cardinal?
(a) Sensitive and young.
(b) Stressed and insane.
(c) White and privileged.
(d) Small and crass.
4. According to Morrison, what demands are put on black people?
(a) Persistence and drive.
(b) Hope and loss.
(c) Anger and acceptance.
(d) Purity and restraint.
5. What does Morrison wonder most about Cardinal?
(a) When she felt she had to panic.
(b) Why she wrote a book.
(c) When she knew she was in trouble.
(d) Why she went to a Louis Armstrong concert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote The Words to Say It?
2. Where does Morrison claim to apply the knowledge in Playing in the Dark?
3. Who is the author of Possession?
4. According to Morrison, what do reading and writing require?
5. How many lectures is Playing in the Dark based on?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)