|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an example of the concept of black figuration?
(a) The manifestion of Cardinal's illness.
(b) Morrison's reading style.
(c) Africanism in American literature.
(d) Slavery in American history.
2. What does Morrison say produces work?
3. In the attack on Algeria, what does Cardinal see?
(a) White slaughter of a white mother.
(b) White slaughter of an Indian mother.
(c) Vengeful slaughter of an innocent.
(d) White slaughter of a black mother.
4. According to Morrison, what demands are put on black people?
(a) Purity and restraint.
(b) Hope and loss.
(c) Anger and acceptance.
(d) Persistence and drive.
5. How many pages into The Words to Say It does "the thing" happen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morrison consider the consequences of?
2. Who was Cardinal warned against having relationships with?
3. What does Morrison reflect on the consequences of in the preface?
4. What is American literature described as being in Playing in the Dark?
5. What is the opposite of restrained in the dichotomy present in Morrison's book?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)