|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What persuaded Morrison to read The Words to Say It?
(a) A synopsis.
(b) The cover.
(c) The title.
(d) The author.
2. What book discusses certain kinds of readings that seem inextricable from certain experiences of writing and knowledge?
(b) Playing in the Dark.
(c) Preludes IV.
(d) The Words to Say It.
3. For Morrison, when a writer is challenged and activities are more difficult, what else do they become?
(a) Less significant.
(b) More exciting.
(c) Less valuable.
(d) More rewarding.
4. What is "the Thing"?
(a) Louis Armstrong concert.
(b) Classic literature.
(c) Cardinal's illness.
(d) Morrison's distaste for Africanist literature.
5. What did Cardinal tell her doctor not to keep in his office?
(a) A clock.
(b) A water dish for his cat.
(c) A gargoyle.
(d) A framed photo of Louis Armstrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Morrison acknowledge?
2. Who did Morrison thank for helping her with the book?
3. What does Morrison consider the consequences of?
4. Where were the lectures that Playing in the Dark is based on given?
5. Where does Morrison's vulnerability lie?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)