|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote The Words to Say It?
(a) Maxine Christenson.
(b) Mason Conte.
(c) Marilee Coxwell.
(d) Marie Cardinal.
2. Where does Morrison claim to apply the knowledge in Playing in the Dark?
(a) The way she communicates.
(b) The way she argues.
(c) The way she reads.
(d) The class she teaches.
3. According to Cardinal, what does America plan to slaughter?
(a) United Kingdom.
4. What hidden signals does Morrison look for?
(a) An author's true feelings about people.
(c) Racial superiority.
5. What is American literature described as being in Playing in the Dark?
(a) A closet.
(b) A bookshelf.
(c) A melting pot.
(d) A treasure trove.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Morrison, what do readers and writers struggle to interpret?
2. Which of the dichotomies is shown in the example of a slave woman being kind to her mistress's children but her own mother is not good to her?
3. What does Cardinal's first therapy realization concern?
4. When did Morrison read The Words to Say It?
5. What does Morrison teach?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)