|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Morrison claim to apply the knowledge in Playing in the Dark?
(a) The way she reads.
(b) The class she teaches.
(c) The way she argues.
(d) The way she communicates.
2. What is the opposite of restrained in the dichotomy present in Morrison's book?
3. What does Morrison reflect on the consequences of in the preface?
(a) Modern music.
(b) Contemporary novels.
(c) Jazz music.
(d) Classic literature.
4. According to Morrison, what do readers and writers struggle to interpret?
(a) Imagined worlds.
(b) Excitement and happiness.
(c) Character traits like anger.
5. Where does Morrison teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Marie Cardinal?
2. How many pages into The Words to Say It does "the thing" happen?
3. What notion must a writer be aware of when reading and writing?
4. What hidden signals does Morrison look for?
5. What does Morrison consider the consequences of?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)