|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Disturbing Nurses and the Kindness of Sharks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morrison claim is not representative of a black woman for her?
(d) All of the above.
2. In The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym, how many days are described?
3. Who wrote The Words to Say It?
(a) Marilee Coxwell.
(b) Maxine Christenson.
(c) Mason Conte.
(d) Marie Cardinal.
4. What is Dunbar able to justify?
(a) Starving his slaves.
(b) Leaving Europe.
(c) Giving his slaves lashes.
(d) Killing a man.
5. What does Morrison start a file to document?
(a) Instances of white people causing disturbances in Africanist literature.
(b) Instances of black people being impressed by white people.
(c) Instances of black people igniting moments of discovery in literature.
(d) Instances of Africanist literature that do not acknowledge racial superiority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a character in Hemingway's work refer to having sex with black women as?
2. What put the author of The Words to Say It into a gripped panic?
3. What persuaded Morrison to read The Words to Say It?
4. What is the name of the author Morrison opens up with in Chapter 3?
5. What accusations does Morrison accept the risk of when discussing studies of racism?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)