|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Disturbing Nurses and the Kindness of Sharks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Africanism acquiring a metaphysical necessity is not the same as losing its _______?
(a) Literary blackness.
(c) Metaphorical necessity.
(d) Ideological utility.
2. How many lectures is Playing in the Dark based on?
3. Which author does Morrison mention first as containing black references?
4. In the Henry Morgan book, who is portrayed as being the most violent?
(a) Henry Morgan.
(b) Henry's father.
5. According to Morrison, what do readers and writers struggle to interpret?
(a) Character traits like anger.
(c) Excitement and happiness.
(d) Imagined worlds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is William Dunbar from?
2. What does Morrison describe Sapphira and the Slave Girl as being an example of?
3. What accusations does Morrison accept the risk of when discussing studies of racism?
4. Until recently, what did Morrison assume about all readers of American fiction?
5. What does The Words to Say It document about the author?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)