|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Romancing the Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cardinal, what does America plan to slaughter?
(b) United Kingdom.
2. Where does William Dunbar appear after claiming land?
(c) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. What accusations does Morrison accept the risk of when discussing studies of racism?
(a) She has never studied literature.
(b) She has vested interest in the topic.
(c) She is racist.
(d) She has never studied racism.
4. Who gave the lectures that Morrison bases Playing in the Dark on?
(a) Willard Mast.
(b) Wexley Moth.
(c) Westley Morford.
(d) William Massey.
5. According to Morrison, what highlights freedom?
(b) Freedom of the press.
(d) The Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morrison wish studies of racism would focus on?
2. According to Morrison, what do readers and writers fight for?
3. Which group, according to Morrison, is more likely to claim that racism is neutral?
4. Who is Sapphira jealous of?
5. Where did Cardinal grow up?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)