|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Romancing the Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what role does Morrison see the subject of a dream?
(b) Black woman.
2. Where does William Dunbar appear after claiming land?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York City.
3. How does Morrison feel about the scholar who deemed the term "darky" acceptable?
4. What two things does Morrison claim not to be extremely distinct for a writer?
(a) Reading and drawing.
(b) Speaking and writing.
(c) Reading and writing.
(d) Visual art and performance art.
5. What does Morrison determine is the cause of Nancy's mother's lack of maternal love?
(a) Her personality.
(b) Her kindness.
(c) Her skin color.
(d) Her hair color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What notion must a writer be aware of when reading and writing?
2. Where does Morrison claim to apply the knowledge in Playing in the Dark?
3. When did Morrison read The Words to Say It?
4. Where does William Dunbar claim land?
5. What is an example of the concept of black figuration?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)