|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Romancing the Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What notion must a writer be aware of when reading and writing?
2. Who is the second author Morrison mentions as including black references in his or her work?
(a) Du Maurier.
3. Who is Sapphira jealous of?
(a) Her slave.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
4. What begins to tear at Cardinal's nerves?
5. What is an example of the concept of black figuration?
(a) The manifestion of Cardinal's illness.
(b) Slavery in American history.
(c) Africanism in American literature.
(d) Morrison's reading style.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Morrison, when a writer is challenged and activities are more difficult, what else do they become?
2. Where does William Dunbar claim land?
3. What is Morrison skeptical about?
4. Morrison claims that she does not want to replace what with Afrocentric domination?
5. What two things does Morrison claim not to be extremely distinct for a writer?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)