|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Romancing the Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Morrison describe the act of ignoring race?
(b) Literary whiteness.
2. What notion must a writer be aware of when reading and writing?
3. What is an example of the concept of black figuration?
(a) The manifestion of Cardinal's illness.
(b) Morrison's reading style.
(c) Slavery in American history.
(d) Africanism in American literature.
4. Who did Morrison thank for helping her with the book?
(a) Peter Delano.
(b) Peter Destiny.
(c) Peter Dratton.
(d) Peter Dimock.
5. What does Morrison describe as the third feature of a non-American?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the first duty of a persona?
2. Who wrote Voyagers of the West?
3. What does Morrison argue for extending?
4. What is Morrison interested in determining about domination?
5. Who does the main female character in Sapphira and the Slave Girl demand power over?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)