|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Romancing the Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Morrison teach?
2. What does America's flight from one thing to another identify as an escape from?
(a) Racial pressures.
3. According to Morrison, what do reading and writing require?
4. Who wrote The Words to Say It?
(a) Mason Conte.
(b) Maxine Christenson.
(c) Marie Cardinal.
(d) Marilee Coxwell.
5. Which of the following words does Morrison use to describe writers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What hidden signals does Morrison look for?
2. Who is the author of the quote from Preludes IV?
3. Who is the author of Possession?
4. What does Morrison wish studies of racism would focus on?
5. How does Morrison describe early America as distinguishing itself?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)