|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the racist name the National Front group calls Lloyd George?
2. What does Lynley tell Olivia he knows in this section?
3. Why does Max think it would be a good idea if Olivia told Miriam about her illness?
4. What condition is Guy's wife in?
5. Where do Chris and Olivia rescue a group of cats from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is Lynley having with his boss in Chapter 21?
2. What does Nkata uncover about Chris's alibi?
3. Describe Lynley and Havers meeting with Guy Mollinson in this section?
4. How does Havers meet the young girl in chapter eleven?
5. How the author describe Hadiya's father?
6. Describe Olivia's dream about the National Front?
7. How does Nkata help Lynley and Havers at the beginning of chapter ten?
8. Why does Lynley take Jimmy to New Scotland Yard?
9. In what way could it be said that Kenneth's pride was responsible for his death?
10. What information does Gariella give Lynley about the case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the following people and their potential motive for murdering Kenneth.
3. Hugh Patton.
How does Lynley cross them off his list and use the information they give him to find the real killer?
Essay Topic 2
What was Jean's relationship with Kenneth? Why did Kenneth find it so difficult to leave her? How would their relationship developed if he had lived?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)