|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martin do for a living?
2. What two actors does Ritchie like to see himself as?
3. What does Barbara say they do with Ardley when she gets back to Maidstone?
4. What does Olivia say cannabis is like for her nowadays?
5. What does Chris say makes him nervous?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Haver's opinion of Detective Ardley?
2. What does Flo say in her phone message to Havers?
3. How do the girls at the cafe decide who fetches a repair man?
4. How did Olivia meet Chris?
5. Why is the case surrounding Kenneth Fleming so volatile?
6. What does Jean remember about the last time she spoke with Kenneth?
7. How does Jean react to seeing Ken's dead body?
8. What does Miriam know about the night of Kenneth's death?
9. What was Kenneth's involvement with Gabriella Patton?
10. What do Jimmy and his sibling do at Island Gardens Station?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Jean's relationship with Kenneth? Why did Kenneth find it so difficult to leave her? How would their relationship developed if he had lived?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author describe Celedine Cottage? What kind of tone does her descriptions create? What is significant about about a murder happening here? How would the meaning of the story change if the murder happened elsewhere?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the Lynley and Helen subplot important to the story? How does the subplot effect Lynley's attitude towards the case? What does this subplot suggest about future books in the Lynley series?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)