|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Olivia say Chris should find work as?
(a) A writer.
(b) A breadmaker.
(c) A masseur.
(d) A chef.
2. What does Jimmy take from the potting shed?
(a) A key.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A mower.
3. Who does Guy say he and Ken were arguing over?
4. What does Lynley tell Olivia he knows in this section?
(a) Her mother is the murderer.
(b) She is not ill.
(c) She was at her mother's house the night of the murder.
(d) She is covering for the murderer.
5. Who does Chris admit he was with the night Ken died?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lynley find waiting for him in Chapter 25?
2. Who does Mrs. Whitelaw say she hasn't seen in ten years?
3. What brand of cigarettes does Jean smoke?
4. What is the name of the village the footprints lead to?
5. What is Helen doing when Lynley asks her to marry him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nkata help Lynley and Havers at the beginning of chapter ten?
2. What new leads does Lynley find in Chapter 14?
3. How does Lynley act during his dinner with Havers?
4. Why does Lynley take Jimmy to New Scotland Yard?
5. How does Olivia imagine her reunion with her mother?
6. In what way could it be said that Kenneth's pride was responsible for his death?
7. Describe Olivia's dream about the National Front?
8. Why is it difficult for Lynley to believe that Jimmy is the murderer?
9. What information does Gariella give Lynley about the case?
10. How did Olivia show her anger at Chris after the cat operation?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)