|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chris say he should find a job as a bread maker?
(a) He is at shaping.
(b) He is good at kneading.
(c) He is good with dough.
(d) He is good at waiting for things to rise slowly.
2. Who interrupts the argument between Lynley and Helen?
(a) Lynley's valet.
(c) Helen's valet.
3. Where does Mrs. Whitelaw say she kept a spare key?
(a) Under the rockery.
(b) The garden shed.
(c) The garage.
(d) In the water tank.
4. Where do Chris and Olivia rescue a group of cats from?
(a) A drug research center.
(b) A spinal research facility.
(c) A cat home.
(d) An animal rescue center.
5. Where does Olivia say she was the night of Ken's death?
(a) Eating out with Chris.
(b) At home.
(c) At her mother's.
(d) At work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winston Nkata's rank?
2. Why does Lynley's boss threaten to take him off the case?
3. What is the name of Jean's brother?
4. How did Harold Rashadam help Ken?
5. Why does Miriam say she didn't mention that she was with her daughter the night of Ken's death before?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Olivia's relationship with Chris and Miriam's relationship with Kenneth mirror one another?
2. Why is it easy to believe that Jimmy could have killed his own father?
3. Why is it difficult for Lynley to believe that Jimmy is the murderer?
4. How does Lynley react when Jimmy falls into the river?
5. What new leads does Lynley find in Chapter 14?
6. How does Jimmy react when Lynley finally gets to him?
7. What new information does Lynley find out from Miriam in Chapter 18?
8. How does Lynley act during his dinner with Havers?
9. What information does Mollinson give Lynley about the case in this section?
10. How does Olivia imagine her reunion with her mother?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)