|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What team is England playing that summer in the cricket?
(c) New Zealand.
2. What subject does Olivia's mother teach?
(c) English literature.
3. What does Helen's hair feel like between Lynley's fingers?
(a) A cool breeze.
(c) Warm water.
(d) Cool water.
4. What does Chris ask the dogs to do for him?
(a) Eat the leftovers.
(b) Leave Felix alone.
(c) Calm down.
(d) Keep an eye on Livie.
5. What two authors does Miriam say Kenneth reads in his spare time?
(a) Kafka and Austen.
(b) Camus and Dickens.
(c) Pinter and Potter.
(d) Satre and Beckett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say walking into Miriam's house is like walking into?
2. What does Miriam always drink after dinner?
3. How does Olivia describe Barry's voice?
4. What university does Olivia attend?
5. What does Barbara go into the grocers to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Kenneth's involvement with Gabriella Patton?
2. How are Lynley and Havers different from each other?
3. Why doesn't Jean like to hear people talking about her son?
4. How did Chris help to change Olivia's life?
5. What information about her does Olivia say her mother wouldn't want people to know?
6. What new information does Lynley find out about Olivia in this section?
7. Who does Mrs Whitelaw think could have accessed the cottage?
8. What does Miriam know about the night of Kenneth's death?
9. What problems is Lynley having in this section?
10. Why did Olivia become a prostitute?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)