|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Havers think has the best motive for murder?
2. Who does Lynley tell Jean to call when Jimmy is drowning?
(a) Sea Rescue.
(b) The river police.
(c) Water Rescue.
(d) The fire brigade.
3. What is the name of the village the footprints lead to?
(a) Greater Springburn.
(d) Lesser Springburn.
4. Who interviews Jimmy at the police station?
5. What does Jimmy take from the potting shed?
(a) A key.
(b) A knife.
(c) A mower.
(d) A gun.
6. Where has Hadiyah's mother gone on holiday?
(c) Sri Lanka.
7. How did Harold Rashadam help Ken?
(a) He sponsered him in his ambitions to become a cricketer.
(b) He paid for him to goto Oxford.
(c) He taught him how to drive.
(d) He coached him to become a better cricketer.
8. Where does Mrs. Whitelaw claim to have been?
(a) A party.
(b) A restuarant.
(c) The airport.
(d) The police station.
9. Who does Lynley find waiting for him in Chapter 25?
10. Where does Miriam find Kenneth a job?
(a) A publishers.
(b) The printworks.
(c) A golf shop.
(d) A bookshop.
11. Who does the valet say insists on seeing Lynley right away?
(a) Kenneth Fleming.
(b) Guy Mollison.
(c) Gariella Patton.
(d) Miriam Whitelaw.
12. What is Jean's daughter knitting for her father?
(a) A sweater.
(c) A hat.
(d) A pair of gloves.
13. What is the racist name the National Front group calls Lloyd George?
(b) Chocolate pie.
(d) Jungle bunny.
14. What does Chris want to do instead taking up Olivia's offer of sex?
(a) Go to the fair.
(b) Go for dinner.
(c) Read poetry.
(d) Go to the library.
15. What does Chris say makes one conscience of need?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Whitelaw say she kept a spare key?
2. What game does Stan want to play with Jimmy?
3. What does Lynley tell Olivia he knows in this section?
4. What cricket team does Ken play for?
5. Why does Chris say he should find a job as a bread maker?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)