|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Whitelaw claim to have been?
(a) The police station.
(b) The airport.
(c) A party.
(d) A restuarant.
2. Where does Hugh claim he was on the night of the murder?
(a) At a pub.
(b) In Greece.
(c) At a club.
(d) At his brother's house.
3. Who does Mrs. Whitelaw say she hasn't seen in ten years?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her husband.
4. Who does Miriam say she was at the airport with?
5. Why does Gariella say she took Ken's car the night of his death?
(a) Her car was not working.
(b) It was blocking hers.
(c) He didn't need it.
(d) She wanted to annoy him.
6. What is the racist name the National Front group calls Lloyd George?
(c) Chocolate pie.
(d) Jungle bunny.
7. Why does Kenneth tell Jean he couldn't spend more time at home?
(a) He was scared of commitment.
(b) He had to play cricket.
(c) He needed time to find himself.
(d) He had a mistress.
8. What does Lynley ask Jimmy to do?
(c) Be quiet.
9. How did Harold Rashadam help Ken?
(a) He taught him how to drive.
(b) He paid for him to goto Oxford.
(c) He sponsered him in his ambitions to become a cricketer.
(d) He coached him to become a better cricketer.
10. Why does Lynley's boss threaten to take him off the case?
(a) He has got nowhere near solving the case.
(b) He has leaked too much information to the press.
(c) He has upset too many people.
(d) His mind is elsewhere.
11. What evidence do the police find of someone jumping over the garden fence at Celedine Cottage?
(a) Some dead skin.
(c) A piece of denim.
(d) Some hair.
12. What does Lynley hear Havers say as he dives into the river?
(a) Please come back alive.
(b) What a brave man.
(c) Bloody hell Tommy.
(d) I love you.
13. Where does Olivia say she was the night of Ken's death?
(a) At work.
(b) At her mother's.
(c) At home.
(d) Eating out with Chris.
14. Where does Miriam find Kenneth a job?
(a) A golf shop.
(b) A publishers.
(c) A bookshop.
(d) The printworks.
15. How does Jimmy react when the police show up?
(a) He locks the door.
(b) He hides.
(c) He hurls things at them.
(d) He runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Whitelaw say she kept a spare key?
2. What game does Stan want to play with Jimmy?
3. Who does Chris admit he was with the night Ken died?
4. Why does Lynley's father say one should never trust the sea?
5. Where does Lynley find Helen asleep?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)