|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lynley leave beside Helen's bedside?
(a) A pen.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) A letter.
(d) A gold chain.
2. What does Havers discover when she arrives home on Saturday night?
(a) Her fridge has been sent to the wrong house.
(b) She has been burgled.
(c) Her mother has died.
(d) Her husband has returned to her.
3. Why does Lynley's father say one should never trust the sea?
(a) It will grab you by the legs and drag you under.
(b) It is a mistress who will betray you.
(c) It is a black sheep who doesn't have your best interests at heart.
(d) It is the avengeful son.
4. What game does Stan want to play with Jimmy?
5. Where does Olivia find a job?
(a) The London Transport Museum.
(b) London Zoo.
(c) The Natural History Museum.
(d) Whipsnade Zoo.
6. What does the invitation say will be served at Hadiyah's party?
(a) Nothing but ice cream.
(b) Alot of fun.
(c) Delicious refreshments.
(d) Beer and wine.
7. Who does Chris admit he was with the night Ken died?
(a) His mother.
(b) His lover.
(d) His brother.
8. What does Jimmy take from the potting shed?
(a) A knife.
(b) A mower.
(c) A gun.
(d) A key.
9. Who does the tabloid speculate that Kenneth is having an affair with?
10. Where does Chris say he was the night of Kenneth's death?
(b) An animal rescue center.
(c) A stag party.
(d) A restaurant.
11. What is Helen doing when Lynley asks her to marry him?
(a) Taking a shower.
12. Where do Chris and Olivia rescue a group of cats from?
(a) A drug research center.
(b) A spinal research facility.
(c) A cat home.
(d) An animal rescue center.
13. What does Lynley hear Havers say as he dives into the river?
(a) What a brave man.
(b) Bloody hell Tommy.
(c) I love you.
(d) Please come back alive.
14. Who does the valet say insists on seeing Lynley right away?
(a) Gariella Patton.
(b) Miriam Whitelaw.
(c) Guy Mollison.
(d) Kenneth Fleming.
15. What does Olivia learn that Chris did as a side project?
(a) Own a market stall.
(b) Catch fish.
(c) Rescue animals from the zoo.
(d) Sell drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Olivia say she visited the night of Kenneth's death?
2. Where does Miriam find Kenneth a job?
3. Why does Kenneth tell Jean he couldn't spend more time at home?
4. Who interrupts the argument between Lynley and Helen?
5. What illness does Olivia have?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)