|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the writer's novel rejected in Chapter 24?
2. What did the Ghost Shirt Society put in Dr. Proteus's drink?
3. Where did Halyard go to school?
4. What is Coach Roseberry's first name?
5. What does the Shah give the prostitute?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the members of the rebellion doing instead of taking over the specific targets?
2. What happens at the end of Paul's first meeting with the society?
3. Why does Paul have to visit the police station in Chapter 27?
4. When Kroner visits Paul in jail, what does he say Paul can do in order to get a promotion?
5. What does the lie detector force Paul to admit?
6. What is the basic message of the play at the Meadows?
7. While he is on the train, what does Paul overhear about PFC Hacketts? Why has this happened to Hacketts?
8. Who does Paul meet on the train, and what do they talk about?
9. What does Kroner say Paul will have to do to get the Pittsburgh job after the meeting with high company officials?
10. What is the Ghost Shirt Society's plan for rebellion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the player piano? Why do you think that the author named the novel after it?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the idea of living on a farm so appealing to Paul? Why does he think that Anita will go along with the idea?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Alfy and Luke Lubbock. What roles do they fill in the novel?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)