|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Proteus feel about the farm when he first sees it?
2. Why is the President in Ilium in Chapter 11?
3. How does Alfy make money?
4. At the Meadows, what does Katherine say that Bud will probably have to do?
5. What is EPICAC?
Short Essay Questions
1. What teams are Paul and Shepherd captains of at the Meadows, and what is the status of each team?
2. What does Anita want Paul to do to Shepherd, and why doesn't he do it?
3. Why does Hagstrom's wife start to cry during the Shah's visit?
4. Who takes Paul's gun and why?
5. Describe Hackett's attitude towards the Army.
6. What does Dr. Proteus notice about the Reeks and Wrecks on the bridge?
7. What is Dr. Proteus's position in the company?
8. What does Anita do to prepare Paul for dinner at Kroner's?
9. What is Anita's greatest concern when she asks Paul about his night at the bar? What does this reveal about Anita?
10. What does Paul want to do most at the end of Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do the Reeks and Wrecks and the Army fulfill in society? Do you think that this could actually happen?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the novel, the lie detector reveals that Paul's main motivation is that he is angry at his late father. Why is he angry? How has this influenced his choices?
Essay Topic 3
In the society of the novel, career choices are determined by IQ. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this system? Do you think this would be fair? Provide examples from or references to the book.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)