|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In how many years will Hacketts retire?
2. When Halyard describes the concept of a citizen, how does the Shah translate the word "citizen" in his native language?
3. Why does Hagstrom's wife cry after the Shah leaves?
4. What is Dr. Calhoun's relationship to Katherine?
5. In Chapter 13, how much money does Dr. Proteus estimate that he has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Checker Charley during its match with Paul?
2. How does Finnerty usually look and dress, and why is this surprising?
3. Why does Haycox mock Paul and Dr. Pond?
4. Why is Bud Calhoun out of a job?
5. What is EPICAC, and what does the Shah say about it?
6. What does Anita want Paul to do to Shepherd, and why doesn't he do it?
7. What does Alfy do to make money?
8. What is Dr. Proteus's position in the company?
9. What does Paul want to do for his and Anita's anniversary , and what does Anita want to do instead?
10. Why is Anita horrified at the idea of the living on the farm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the idea of living on a farm so appealing to Paul? Why does he think that Anita will go along with the idea?
Essay Topic 2
What factors lead to the mechanization of Paul's society? Why is it so easy for people to become dependent on machines?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Alfy and Luke Lubbock. What roles do they fill in the novel?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)