|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Proteus have to walk home from the train station?
(a) His car has been stolen.
(b) Anita refuses to pick him up.
(c) He does not have any money.
(d) There are no cabs.
2. What do the employees watch at the Meadows?
(a) A boxing match.
(b) A play.
(c) A ballet dance.
(d) A movie.
3. Who questions Dr. Proteus when he wakes up after being drugged?
4. Why does the Shah go to the doctor in Chapter 24?
(a) He has the flu.
(b) He has a head cold.
(c) He cuts his hand.
(d) He breaks his ankle.
5. What is a Ghost Shirt according to the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) A magical shield.
(b) A symbol of nobility.
(c) A poison shirt used to kill enemies.
(d) A garment that makes the wearer invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the actor at the bonfire dressed as?
2. What does Dr. Proteus hear from the cell next to his?
3. What does the lie detector force Dr. Proteus to admit?
4. Where does the Shah go at the beginning of Chapter 20?
5. Whose team wins at the Meadows?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Fred Garth been successful in his career?
2. Why does Paul have to visit the police station in Chapter 27?
3. What does the great oak symbolize, and what event is held there?
4. Why is the writer's novel rejected for publication?
5. Why won't the coach allow Halyard to pass his P.E. test?
6. Who does Paul see run out of the woods after the Meadows, and why is this important?
7. What does the lie detector force Paul to admit?
8. What is the basic message of the play at the Meadows?
9. Who does Paul meet on the train, and what do they talk about?
10. While he is on the train, what does Paul overhear about PFC Hacketts? Why has this happened to Hacketts?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)