|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Proteus hear from the cell next to his?
(b) Morse code.
(c) An argument.
(d) Classical music.
2. Who do Buck and Coach Roseberry see at the bar?
(a) Dr. Proteus.
3. What happens while Dr. Proteus is testifying?
(a) People keep yelling from the gallery and interrupting the proceedings.
(b) The lie detector breaks.
(c) Rebels break into the courtroom.
(d) The judges orders Dr. Proteus be sent to jail immediately.
4. Who questions Dr. Proteus when he wakes up after being drugged?
5. What cities (besides Ilium) fall to the rebellion at the end of Chapter 33?
(a) Oakland & Salt Lake City.
(b) Atlanta & Philadelphia.
(c) New York & Sacremento.
(d) Austin & Kansas City
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Shah go to the doctor in Chapter 24?
2. Where does the Shah go at the beginning of Chapter 20?
3. What plan does Katherine report on at the Ghost Shirt meeting?
4. How much is the offer that Buck takes from Coach Roseberry?
5. Who is Fred Garth?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kroner visits Paul in jail, what does he say Paul can do in order to get a promotion?
2. What happens at the end of Paul's first meeting with the society?
3. What is the Ghost Shirt Society's plan for rebellion?
4. What is the basic message of the play at the Meadows?
5. Who does Paul see run out of the woods after the Meadows, and why is this important?
6. What does the coach plan to do in order to ensure that his team keeps winning?
7. What does the lie detector force Paul to admit?
8. What is the basic message of the daytime TV that Paul watches?
9. While he is on the train, what does Paul overhear about PFC Hacketts? Why has this happened to Hacketts?
10. What does the great oak symbolize, and what event is held there?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)