|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Coach Roseberry let Halyard pass his test?
(a) Halyard wrote a complaint to the coach's superiors.
(b) He thinks that Halyard does not deserve a degree.
(c) He thinks that Halyard will cheat on the test.
(d) Halyard wants the coach's job.
2. What did the Ghost Shirt Society put in Dr. Proteus's drink?
(a) Cold medicine.
(b) Sleeping pills.
(c) Truth serum.
3. Who does Paul see at the bar?
4. Who does Dr. Proteus see at the police station?
(a) Fred Garth.
5. Why does the Shah go to the doctor in Chapter 24?
(a) He has a head cold.
(b) He cuts his hand.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) He breaks his ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the writer' s wife prostituting herself?
2. What does Dr. Proteus hear from the cell next to his?
3. Why is Halyard depressed in Chapter 33?
4. What has the novelist refused to do in Chapter 24?
5. What class does Halyard find out he failed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kroner say Paul will have to do to get the Pittsburgh job after the meeting with high company officials?
2. Who does Paul see run out of the woods after the Meadows, and why is this important?
3. Why does Halyard lose his degrees?
4. Why has Fred Garth been successful in his career?
5. When Kroner visits Paul in jail, what does he say Paul can do in order to get a promotion?
6. What is the basic message of the daytime TV that Paul watches?
7. Who does Paul meet on the train, and what do they talk about?
8. What does the coach plan to do in order to ensure that his team keeps winning?
9. Why won't the coach allow Halyard to pass his P.E. test?
10. Where does the Ghost Shirt Society get its name?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)