|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the loudspeakers at the Meadows constantly reminding the people there to do?
(a) Contribute to a charity.
(b) Network with each other.
(c) Get to work on time.
(d) Participate in sports.
2. Who does Dr. Proteus meet on the way home from the train station?
(a) A writer.
(b) A barber.
(c) A Senator.
(d) A prostitute.
3. What happens while Dr. Proteus is testifying?
(a) Rebels break into the courtroom.
(b) The judges orders Dr. Proteus be sent to jail immediately.
(c) People keep yelling from the gallery and interrupting the proceedings.
(d) The lie detector breaks.
4. What does the lie detector force Dr. Proteus to admit?
(a) He is angry at his father.
(b) He plans to double-cross Finnerty.
(c) He does not really agree with the Ghost Shirt Society.
(d) He is a spy for Ilium Works.
5. How is the oak tree killed?
(a) Someone poisons the ground beneath it.
(b) Someone removes a circle of the bark.
(c) Someone chops it down.
(d) Someone burns it down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the oak at the Meadows important?
2. How much is the offer that Buck takes from Coach Roseberry?
3. What class does Halyard find out he failed?
4. What is Coach Roseberry's first name?
5. Why has Garth done well in the company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the writer's novel rejected for publication?
2. Why won't the coach allow Halyard to pass his P.E. test?
3. Who does Paul meet on the train, and what do they talk about?
4. When Kroner visits Paul in jail, what does he say Paul can do in order to get a promotion?
5. What does Kroner say Paul will have to do to get the Pittsburgh job after the meeting with high company officials?
6. Why does Halyard lose his degrees?
7. Why has Fred Garth been successful in his career?
8. Why does Paul have to visit the police station in Chapter 27?
9. What does the lie detector force Paul to admit?
10. Why is Harold in jail?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)