|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In how many years will Hacketts retire?
2. Why is Finnerty somewhat depressed?
(a) He thinks he is ugly.
(b) He does not have a lot of money.
(c) He does not see Dr. Proteus as much as he would like.
(d) He has never fell like he fit in anywhere.
3. When Halyard describes the concept of a citizen, how does the Shah translate the word "citizen" in his native language?
4. What is Mr. Haycox concerned about when Dr. Proteus comes to visit the farm?
(a) That Dr. Proteus will ruin the farmland.
(b) That he will have to do more chores.
(c) That Dr. Proteus will sell the farm to a corporation.
(d) That he will lose control of the farm.
5. How does Anita try to convince Dr. Proteus not to quit his job?
(a) By arguing with him.
(b) By making him feel guilty.
(c) By giving him money.
(d) By seducing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Katherine Finch?
2. What does Lasher say is his profession?
3. What is EPICAC?
4. How does Fred Berringer get his job at Ilium?
5. What does Dr. Proteus promise to do for the man in Homestead whose son failed his exams?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Haycox mock Paul and Dr. Pond?
2. What happens to Checker Charley during its match with Paul?
3. What does Finnerty say at the end of Chapter 4 that upsets Anita?
4. What is the purpose of the dinner that Dr. Proteus goes to in Chapter 1, and what does he have to do there?
5. What does Paul want to do most at the end of Chapter 10?
6. Why does Paul's car stall out, and who fixes it?
7. Why does Hagstrom's wife start to cry during the Shah's visit?
8. Why is Anita horrified at the idea of the living on the farm?
9. Describe Hackett's attitude towards the Army.
10. When Paul is at Kroner's for dinner, what does Kroner say Paul has to do to get the job in Pittsburgh?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)