|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shepherd insist that the company do?
(a) Fire Dr. Proteus.
(b) Transfer him.
(c) Give him a raise.
(d) Promote him over Dr. Proteus.
2. Why has Shepherd been spreading rumors about Dr. Proteus?
(a) He and Dr. Proteus have always been enemies.
(b) Dr. Proteus betrayed him.
(c) Shepherd wanted to marry Anita.
(d) He is jealous of Dr. Proteus's success.
3. What does Kroner say at the end of Chapter 12 that Dr. Proteus has to do in order to get the job in Pittsburgh?
(a) Divorce Anita.
(b) Keep a secret for Kroner.
(c) Testify against Finnerty and Lasher.
(d) Reprimand Shepherd.
4. Who said this quote? "The man with the thick glasses as much as said his son's life wasn't worth living on account of me."
(a) Dr. Proteus.
(c) Rudy Hertz.
5. What does Lasher first claim happens to his son when Dr. Proteus sees him in Chapter 9?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He eloped with his girlfriend.
(c) He was killed in combat.
(d) He hanged himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does PFC Hacketts feel about the Army?
2. What does Dr. Proteus promise to do for the man in Homestead whose son failed his exams?
3. What is Dr. Proteus's first name?
4. What kind of display does the Shah see at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What is true about the Reeks and Wrecks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Checker Charley during its match with Paul?
2. Why does Paul's car stall out, and who fixes it?
3. What rumor is Shepherd spreading about Dr. Proteus, and why?
4. Why does Finnerty quit his job?
5. When Paul is at Kroner's for dinner, what does Kroner say Paul has to do to get the job in Pittsburgh?
6. Why does Hagstrom's wife start to cry during the Shah's visit?
7. What does Anita do to prepare Paul for dinner at Kroner's?
8. What is EPICAC, and what does the Shah say about it?
9. What does Anita say to Paul to try to convince him to become manager in Pittsburgh?
10. What are Lasher's beliefs about the state of society, and what does he think will happen to it?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)