|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Proteus think that Anita will feel about moving to a farm?
(a) He thinks she will love the idea.
(b) He thinks she will never go with him.
(c) He thinks he can slowly convince her to go.
(d) He thinks she will be angry he spent so much money.
2. What does Anita want to do with Dr. Proteus instead of celebrate their anniversary?
(a) Buy a gift for Kroner.
(b) Renovate the second floor of the house.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Prepare for the Meadows competition.
3. Why has Shepherd been spreading rumors about Dr. Proteus?
(a) He is jealous of Dr. Proteus's success.
(b) He and Dr. Proteus have always been enemies.
(c) Shepherd wanted to marry Anita.
(d) Dr. Proteus betrayed him.
4. What does Hacketts secretly imagine doing?
(a) Becoming President.
(b) Being promoted to General.
(c) Insulting his superiors.
(d) Becoming an artist.
5. Where do the engineers and other wealthy citizens of Ilium live?
(a) The northwest section.
(c) Ilium Works.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Proteus promise to do for the man in Homestead whose son failed his exams?
2. In Chapter 10, what is Anita most concerned about when she asks Dr. Proteus about what happened at the bar?
3. How much money does Bud get as a bonus from the company?
4. Why does Bud get fired?
5. Where is the new job mentioned in Chapter 4 that Anita wants Dr. Proteus to take?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita do to prepare Paul for dinner at Kroner's?
2. What is the purpose of the dinner that Dr. Proteus goes to in Chapter 1, and what does he have to do there?
3. How does Anita react when Dr. Proteus tells her about his experience in Homestead?
4. Why does Lasher tell Paul the false story about his son?
5. What does Anita say to Paul to try to convince him to become manager in Pittsburgh?
6. What happens to Checker Charley during its match with Paul?
7. Why does Dr. Proteus bring the cat to Ilium Works, and what happens to it?
8. What teams are Paul and Shepherd captains of at the Meadows, and what is the status of each team?
9. What does the Shah think of the social/political structure of Ilium, despite Halyard's attempts to convince him otherwise?
10. Why does Finnerty quit his job?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)