|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Proteus react to Lasher's initial story about his son?
(a) He gets extremely angry.
(b) He demands an apology.
(c) He throws his drink at Lasher.
(d) He begins to sob and apologize.
2. Why does Finnerty quit his job?
(a) He cannot stand the system anymore.
(b) He is refused a promotion.
(c) His boss asks him to resign.
(d) He receives a pay cut.
3. What attitude does Lasher have toward the system in Chapter 9?
(a) He thinks the citizens should hold a protest.
(b) He feels there will be a revolt against the machines.
(c) He thinks it has its flaws, but it is the best it can be.
(d) He hates it, but feels nothing can be done.
4. Why has Shepherd been spreading rumors about Dr. Proteus?
(a) He is jealous of Dr. Proteus's success.
(b) Dr. Proteus betrayed him.
(c) He and Dr. Proteus have always been enemies.
(d) Shepherd wanted to marry Anita.
5. In Chapter 10, what is Anita most concerned about when she asks Dr. Proteus about what happened at the bar?
(a) Whether he drank too much.
(b) Whether he spent too much money.
(c) Whether anyone important saw him at the bar.
(d) Whether he gambled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the engineers and other wealthy citizens of Ilium live?
2. Why is Hacketts suspended?
3. How does Dr. Proteus think that Anita will feel about moving to a farm?
4. What was the President's profession before he was elected?
5. When Halyard describes the concept of a citizen, how does the Shah translate the word "citizen" in his native language?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Shah of Bratpuhr, and why is he in Ilium?
2. What is Dr. Proteus's position in the company?
3. Why is Bud Calhoun out of a job?
4. Describe Hackett's attitude towards the Army.
5. What does Finnerty say at the end of Chapter 4 that upsets Anita?
6. What does Anita say to Paul to try to convince him to become manager in Pittsburgh?
7. What happens to Checker Charley during its match with Paul?
8. What does Finnerty do when he is allowed to walk around the plant alone?
9. How does Anita react when Dr. Proteus tells her about his experience in Homestead?
10. What does Paul want to do for his and Anita's anniversary , and what does Anita want to do instead?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)