|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Proteus promise to do for the man in Homestead whose son failed his exams?
(a) Give him money.
(b) Buy him a car.
(c) Get his son a job.
(d) Put in a good word at the company.
2. What does Anita say Dr. Proteus should do about Shepherd's actions?
(a) Fire Shepherd.
(b) Spread rumors about Shepherd.
(c) Report Shepherd's actions to the police.
(d) Kill Shepherd.
3. How does Anita convince Dr. Proteus to marry her?
(a) She writes him a romantic song.
(b) Her father begs him to marry her.
(c) She offers him a great deal of money.
(d) She pretends to be pregnant.
4. Who does the Shah request a visit with at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) An average resident.
(b) The President.
(c) The mayor of Ilium.
(d) Dr. Proteus,
5. Why won't Dr. Proteus's car start?
(a) The starter is broken.
(b) Finnerty used all the gas.
(c) He has a bad transmission.
(d) Anita blew out the engine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Proteus fantasize about doing in Chapter 10?
2. What attitude does Lasher have toward the system in Chapter 9?
3. What lie does Dr. Proteus tell to the Reeks and Wrecks?
4. What does each group represent at the parade at the bar in Homestead?
5. What is Dr. Proteus's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lasher's beliefs about the state of society, and what does he think will happen to it?
2. What does Finnerty do when he is allowed to walk around the plant alone?
3. How does Anita react when Dr. Proteus tells her about his experience in Homestead?
4. Why does Hagstrom's wife start to cry during the Shah's visit?
5. What does the Shah think of the social/political structure of Ilium, despite Halyard's attempts to convince him otherwise?
6. What is Dr. Proteus's father famous for doing?
7. What does Finnerty say at the end of Chapter 4 that upsets Anita?
8. What does Anita say to Paul to try to convince him to become manager in Pittsburgh?
9. What is Shepherd doing when Paul shows up late for work, and how does Paul react?
10. What does Dr. Proteus notice about the Reeks and Wrecks on the bridge?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)