|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the police come to Dr. Proteus's farm?
(a) They want him to join the department.
(b) He is being arrested.
(c) He is a suspect in a crime and must be questioned.
(d) He has to register his change in employment status.
2. Who does Dr. Proteus live on the farm with?
(a) He lives alone.
3. To what nationality does the Ghost Dance religion belong?
(b) Native American.
4. Why is the writer' s wife prostituting herself?
(a) Her husband asked her to do it.
(b) To make enough money to survive.
(c) She was fired.
(d) She makes more money than she did at her former job.
5. Why won't Coach Roseberry let Halyard pass his test?
(a) Halyard wrote a complaint to the coach's superiors.
(b) Halyard wants the coach's job.
(c) He thinks that Halyard does not deserve a degree.
(d) He thinks that Halyard will cheat on the test.
6. Who quit his job when he read the letter from the Ghost Shirt Society?
7. What is Buck studying at Cornell?
(d) Religious Studies.
8. Why does Lasher think that Dr. Proteus will be an effective leader?
(a) Because he is a good speaker.
(b) Because of his background.
(c) Because he is intimidating.
(d) Because he is handsome.
9. What is the basis of the plan for revolution?
(a) Kill the President.
(b) Take over the Ilium Works.
(c) Recruit members of every club.
(d) Kidnap high ranking officials.
10. Who does Paul see at the bar?
11. How much is the offer that Buck takes from Coach Roseberry?
12. Who is knocked unconscious at the beginning of the rebellion?
(a) Dr. Proteus.
(d) The Shah.
13. What does the lie detector force Dr. Proteus to admit?
(a) He is a spy for Ilium Works.
(b) He plans to double-cross Finnerty.
(c) He is angry at his father.
(d) He does not really agree with the Ghost Shirt Society.
14. Who does Dr. Proteus meet on the way home from the train station?
(a) A writer.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A Senator.
(d) A barber.
15. What plan does Katherine report on at the Ghost Shirt meeting?
(a) Distributing flyers.
(b) Blowing up machines.
(c) Taking over the government.
(d) Making Ghost Shirt uniforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the loudspeakers at the Meadows constantly reminding the people there to do?
2. What is Coach Roseberry's first name?
3. Who does Dr. Proteus see at the dock after he leaves the Meadows?
4. In the sergeant's story, how does his unit defeat the enemy?
5. Why is Halyard depressed in Chapter 33?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)