|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Paul takes a few sips of his drink?
(a) He dumps out the drink in the bathroom.
(b) He demands a refund for the drink.
(c) He spits it out.
(d) He passes out.
2. How do the company officials react when Dr. Proteus quits his job?
(a) They try to talk him out of it.
(b) They are very upset.
(c) They do not believe him.
(d) The have him committed.
3. Why does the bartender at the Meadows refuse to serve Dr. Proteus?
(a) He was rude to the bartender earlier in the day.
(b) He has been labeled a saboteur.
(c) He does not have any money.
(d) He is already drunk.
4. What is Buck studying at Cornell?
(d) Religious Studies.
5. Why has Garth done well in the company?
(a) He is manipulative.
(b) He is very intelligent.
(c) He has a powerful family.
(d) He is not controversial.
6. Who does Dr. Proteus meet on the way home from the train station?
(a) A Senator.
(b) A barber.
(c) A writer.
(d) A prostitute.
7. Whose team wins at the Meadows?
(a) The Green Team.
(b) The Yellow Team.
(c) The Blue Team.
(d) The Red Team.
8. What are the loudspeakers at the Meadows constantly reminding the people there to do?
(a) Participate in sports.
(b) Network with each other.
(c) Get to work on time.
(d) Contribute to a charity.
9. Who do Buck and Coach Roseberry see at the bar?
(d) Dr. Proteus.
10. Why does Lasher think that Dr. Proteus will be an effective leader?
(a) Because he is handsome.
(b) Because he is a good speaker.
(c) Because of his background.
(d) Because he is intimidating.
11. What do the rebels plan to do to EPICAC?
(a) Deactivate it.
(b) Reprogram it.
(c) Blow it up.
(d) Overwhelm it with questions.
12. Who does Paul see at the bar?
13. What does Kroner ask Dr. Proteus to do in Chapter 20?
(a) Lose the competition on purpose.
(b) Become an informant.
(c) Go on a business trip.
(d) Host a dinner party.
14. How much is the offer that Buck takes from Coach Roseberry?
15. Who is Edmund Harrison?
(a) A young engineer.
(b) An agent from the government.
(c) Kroner's son.
(d) A bartender.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did Professor von Neumann used to teach?
2. Why won't Alfy join the Ghost Shirt Society?
3. Who is Francis Eldgrin Gelhorne?
4. Who is knocked unconscious at the beginning of the rebellion?
5. Who is Fred Garth?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)