|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the offer that Buck takes from Coach Roseberry?
2. What subject did Professor von Neumann used to teach?
(a) Political Science.
(b) Film Studies.
3. Who does Dr. Proteus sit next to on the train?
(a) An ex-conductor.
(b) An old woman.
(c) An Army private.
(d) A policeman.
4. What cities (besides Ilium) fall to the rebellion at the end of Chapter 33?
(a) Atlanta & Philadelphia.
(b) Austin & Kansas City
(c) New York & Sacremento.
(d) Oakland & Salt Lake City.
5. What is a Ghost Shirt according to the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) A magical shield.
(b) A garment that makes the wearer invisible.
(c) A poison shirt used to kill enemies.
(d) A symbol of nobility.
6. To what nationality does the Ghost Dance religion belong?
(d) Native American.
7. Why is Halyard depressed in Chapter 33?
(a) His wife has left him.
(b) The State Department is suing him.
(c) He does not have any money.
(d) The Shah has fired him as his tour guide.
8. What do the employees watch at the Meadows?
(a) A ballet dance.
(b) A boxing match.
(c) A play.
(d) A movie.
9. Why do the police come to Dr. Proteus's farm?
(a) He is being arrested.
(b) He has to register his change in employment status.
(c) They want him to join the department.
(d) He is a suspect in a crime and must be questioned.
10. What happens after Paul takes a few sips of his drink?
(a) He demands a refund for the drink.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He dumps out the drink in the bathroom.
(d) He spits it out.
11. Where does the Shah go at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) To a store.
(b) To a dentist.
(c) To a barber.
(d) To a doctor.
12. What happens when Dr. Proteus tries to be a farmer?
(a) He does not like the farm anymore.
(b) He finds that he is not up to the task.
(c) He thinks that it is too dirty.
(d) He finds that he is especially good at it.
13. Why does Lasher think that Dr. Proteus will be an effective leader?
(a) Because he is a good speaker.
(b) Because he is handsome.
(c) Because of his background.
(d) Because he is intimidating.
14. To where is PFC Hacketts being shipped?
(a) The Alaskan tundra.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) The Sahara desert.
15. What happens while Dr. Proteus is testifying?
(a) The judges orders Dr. Proteus be sent to jail immediately.
(b) People keep yelling from the gallery and interrupting the proceedings.
(c) Rebels break into the courtroom.
(d) The lie detector breaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Alfy join the Ghost Shirt Society?
2. What has the novelist refused to do in Chapter 24?
3. When Dr. Proteus meets the group of soldiers, what are they doing?
4. What do the rebels plan to do to EPICAC?
5. Who is Fred Garth?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)