|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Coach Roseberry let Halyard pass his test?
(a) Halyard wrote a complaint to the coach's superiors.
(b) He thinks that Halyard will cheat on the test.
(c) Halyard wants the coach's job.
(d) He thinks that Halyard does not deserve a degree.
2. What subject did Professor von Neumann used to teach?
(a) Film Studies.
(b) Political Science.
3. How is the oak tree killed?
(a) Someone removes a circle of the bark.
(b) Someone poisons the ground beneath it.
(c) Someone burns it down.
(d) Someone chops it down.
4. What is a Ghost Shirt according to the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) A garment that makes the wearer invisible.
(b) A magical shield.
(c) A poison shirt used to kill enemies.
(d) A symbol of nobility.
5. What does the Shah give the prostitute?
(a) A ring.
(b) A car.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) A watch.
6. What do the employees watch at the Meadows?
(a) A boxing match.
(b) A movie.
(c) A ballet dance.
(d) A play.
7. What has the novelist refused to do in Chapter 24?
(a) Write for a newspaper.
(b) Move to another city.
(c) Join the Army.
(d) Work in public relations.
8. To where is PFC Hacketts being shipped?
(a) The Sahara desert.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) The Alaskan tundra.
9. What is Coach Roseberry's first name?
10. What does Dr. Proteus hear from the cell next to his?
(a) An argument.
(b) Classical music.
(d) Morse code.
11. Where does the Shah go at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) To a dentist.
(b) To a doctor.
(c) To a barber.
(d) To a store.
12. Who do Buck and Coach Roseberry see at the bar?
(c) Dr. Proteus.
13. What cities (besides Ilium) fall to the rebellion at the end of Chapter 33?
(a) Oakland & Salt Lake City.
(b) New York & Sacremento.
(c) Austin & Kansas City
(d) Atlanta & Philadelphia.
14. Why is Garth in jail?
(a) He stole a company car.
(b) He threatened Baer.
(c) He killed the oak tree.
(d) He spray-painted graffiti on Kroner's house.
15. Why does Dr. Proteus have to walk home from the train station?
(a) He does not have any money.
(b) There are no cabs.
(c) Anita refuses to pick him up.
(d) His car has been stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the offer that Buck takes from Coach Roseberry?
2. Why is Harold in jail?
3. What did the Ghost Shirt Society put in Dr. Proteus's drink?
4. Who does Dr. Proteus sit next to on the train?
5. What is Buck studying at Cornell?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)