|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Paul takes a few sips of his drink?
(a) He dumps out the drink in the bathroom.
(b) He demands a refund for the drink.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He spits it out.
2. How long has Coach Roseberry been working at Cornell?
(a) One month.
(b) Five years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Ten years.
3. Who do Buck and Coach Roseberry see at the bar?
(d) Dr. Proteus.
4. Who is Edmund Harrison?
(a) An agent from the government.
(b) A young engineer.
(c) Kroner's son.
(d) A bartender.
5. Why won't Alfy join the Ghost Shirt Society?
(a) They will not let him join.
(b) He is too independent.
(c) He does not agree with them.
(d) He is afraid they will be caught.
6. Who does Paul see at the bar?
7. Who does Dr. Proteus meet on the way home from the train station?
(a) A Senator.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A writer.
(d) A barber.
8. Where does the Shah go at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) To a store.
(b) To a barber.
(c) To a dentist.
(d) To a doctor.
9. How is the oak tree killed?
(a) Someone burns it down.
(b) Someone poisons the ground beneath it.
(c) Someone chops it down.
(d) Someone removes a circle of the bark.
10. What has the novelist refused to do in Chapter 24?
(a) Move to another city.
(b) Write for a newspaper.
(c) Join the Army.
(d) Work in public relations.
11. What does Kroner ask Dr. Proteus to do in Chapter 20?
(a) Become an informant.
(b) Lose the competition on purpose.
(c) Host a dinner party.
(d) Go on a business trip.
12. Who of the following is not present at the Ghost Shirt Society meeting?
13. What subject did Professor von Neumann used to teach?
(a) Film Studies.
(d) Political Science.
14. What do the rebels plan to do to EPICAC?
(a) Reprogram it.
(b) Blow it up.
(c) Deactivate it.
(d) Overwhelm it with questions.
15. Who does Dr. Proteus live on the farm with?
(d) He lives alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Garth done well in the company?
2. In the sergeant's story, how does his unit defeat the enemy?
3. Whose team wins at the Meadows?
4. Who questions Dr. Proteus when he wakes up after being drugged?
5. Who does Dr. Proteus see at the police station?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)