|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Proteus charged with in Chapter 32?
(a) Being a public nuisance.
2. Why is Harold in jail?
(a) He spoke out against the government.
(b) He beat up his neighbor.
(c) He refused to testify against his best friend.
(d) He destroyed an announcement machine.
3. What do the employees watch at the Meadows?
(a) A play.
(b) A ballet dance.
(c) A movie.
(d) A boxing match.
4. What does the Shah give the prostitute?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) A ring.
(c) A watch.
(d) A car.
5. What subject did Professor von Neumann used to teach?
(b) Political Science.
(c) Film Studies.
6. How does Dr. Proteus act when he first gets to the Meadows?
(c) Unenthusiastic .
7. To where is PFC Hacketts being shipped?
(a) The Alaskan tundra.
(c) The Sahara desert.
(d) Los Angeles.
8. What is a Ghost Shirt according to the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) A poison shirt used to kill enemies.
(b) A garment that makes the wearer invisible.
(c) A symbol of nobility.
(d) A magical shield.
9. What does the lie detector force Dr. Proteus to admit?
(a) He plans to double-cross Finnerty.
(b) He does not really agree with the Ghost Shirt Society.
(c) He is a spy for Ilium Works.
(d) He is angry at his father.
10. What happens when Dr. Proteus tries to be a farmer?
(a) He finds that he is especially good at it.
(b) He finds that he is not up to the task.
(c) He thinks that it is too dirty.
(d) He does not like the farm anymore.
11. What is the actor at the bonfire dressed as?
(a) A butler.
(b) A clown.
(c) A robot.
(d) An Indian.
12. To what nationality does the Ghost Dance religion belong?
(d) Native American.
13. Why won't Coach Roseberry let Halyard pass his test?
(a) He thinks that Halyard does not deserve a degree.
(b) Halyard wants the coach's job.
(c) Halyard wrote a complaint to the coach's superiors.
(d) He thinks that Halyard will cheat on the test.
14. What does Dr. Proteus hear from the cell next to his?
(a) An argument.
(b) Classical music.
(c) Morse code.
15. Why does the Shah go to the doctor in Chapter 24?
(a) He cuts his hand.
(b) He has the flu.
(c) He breaks his ankle.
(d) He has a head cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Proteus see at the dock after he leaves the Meadows?
2. How do the company officials react when Dr. Proteus quits his job?
3. What does Kroner ask Dr. Proteus to do in Chapter 20?
4. Why does the bartender at the Meadows refuse to serve Dr. Proteus?
5. Why is the writer' s wife prostituting herself?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)