|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lasher say will eventually happen to everyone with an IQ above 110?
(a) They will give up power.
(b) They will kills those with lower IQ's.
(c) They will help those with lower IQs get better careers.
(d) They will be massacred.
2. In Chapter 6, how does Anita try to convince Dr. Proteus to take the job in Pittsburgh?
(a) She tries to flatter him.
(b) She says she will leave him if he does not try to get the job.
(c) She agrees to sleep with him only if he goes for the job.
(d) She says his father would want him to have the job.
3. What is the public works department called as mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The Primary Inspection Corps.
(b) Government Environmental Works Department.
(c) The Reconstruction and Reclamation Corps.
(d) The Federal Department of Public Works.
4. How does Anita react to Dr. Proteus's initial lie about his night at the bar?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She laughs because she does not believe him.
(c) She seems unconcerned.
(d) She gets angry.
5. Why do the police want to question Dr. Proteus at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) They find his gun.
(b) They think he is a thief.
(c) Dr. Proteus's car was stolen.
(d) Someone broke into the plant.
6. What does Shepherd insist that the company do?
(a) Promote him over Dr. Proteus.
(b) Fire Dr. Proteus.
(c) Give him a raise.
(d) Transfer him.
7. What is true about the Reeks and Wrecks?
(a) They are being forced into slavery.
(b) There are more of them than there are jobs for them to do.
(c) They are part of a very prestigious organization.
(d) They are extremely well-paid.
8. How does everyone cover up Anita and Shepherd's fight?
(a) They pretend he is ill.
(b) They say he must be drunk.
(c) They pretend it does not happen.
(d) They say he must not have gotten enough sleep.
9. Where is the new job mentioned in Chapter 4 that Anita wants Dr. Proteus to take?
(a) San Franciso.
(c) Newport News.
(d) New York City.
10. What is the President's name?
(a) Robert Harris.
(b) Jonathan Lynn.
(c) Justin Young.
(d) Finneus Gilbert.
11. Who is Shepherd?
(a) Dr. Proteus's friend from college.
(b) Dr. Proteus's friend who works in Washington.
(c) Dr. Proteus's friend who works below him in the Works.
(d) Dr. Proteus's cousin.
12. Why is Finnerty somewhat depressed?
(a) He does not see Dr. Proteus as much as he would like.
(b) He has never fell like he fit in anywhere.
(c) He thinks he is ugly.
(d) He does not have a lot of money.
13. What does Finnerty do when Dr. Proteus allows him into the plant without an escort?
(a) He begins destroying the machines.
(b) He breaks into Shepherd's office.
(c) He leaves graffiti on the machines and walls.
(d) He makes drawings of the machines and layout.
14. Who are Kroner and Baer?
(a) Regulars at the local bar.
(b) Important officials at Ilium Works.
(c) Friends of Anita's.
(d) Engineers who work below Dr. Proteus at Ilium Works.
15. How does PFC Hacketts feel about the Army?
(a) He wishes he could stay longer.
(b) He loves his position.
(c) He despises it.
(d) He likes it, but hates his living conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rudy Hertz?
2. What does Dr. Proteus fantasize about doing in Chapter 10?
3. Why does Dr. Proteus show up late for work in Chapter 10?
4. How do the Hagstroms spend most of their time?
5. How does Alfy make money?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)