|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Proteus feel about the farm when he first sees it?
(a) He thinks he can get used to it.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He is disgusted.
(d) He is apprehensive about buying it.
2. Who does Dr. Proteus sit next to on the train?
(a) A policeman.
(b) An old woman.
(c) An ex-conductor.
(d) An Army private.
3. In Chapter 6, how does Anita try to convince Dr. Proteus to take the job in Pittsburgh?
(a) She says his father would want him to have the job.
(b) She tries to flatter him.
(c) She says she will leave him if he does not try to get the job.
(d) She agrees to sleep with him only if he goes for the job.
4. Why does Dr. Proteus have to walk home from the train station?
(a) He does not have any money.
(b) There are no cabs.
(c) His car has been stolen.
(d) Anita refuses to pick him up.
5. Who is the Shah of Bratpuhr?
(a) A powerful religious leader.
(b) A tour guide.
(c) A construction worker.
(d) A translator.
Short Answer Questions
1. In how many years will Hacketts retire?
2. What does Dr. Proteus say that upsets Anita at the end of Chapter 10?
3. How do the company officials react when Dr. Proteus quits his job?
4. What problem do the Reeks and Wrecks find with Dr. Proteus's car?
5. What kind of people join the Army and the public works department?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)