|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the writer's novel rejected in Chapter 24?
(a) It would not have been popular.
(b) It was badly written.
(c) It would cost too much to print.
(d) The writer has a bad reputation.
2. What does Shepherd insist that the company do?
(a) Give him a raise.
(b) Promote him over Dr. Proteus.
(c) Transfer him.
(d) Fire Dr. Proteus.
3. How does Kroner make Dr. Proteus feel when they speak?
(b) Like a child.
4. What does Kroner invite Dr. Proteus and Anita to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Join his lodge.
(b) Play a round of golf.
(c) Go to the bar.
(d) Come over for dinner.
5. What is the name of the machine that plays checkers that Berringer uses to challenge Dr. Proteus?
(a) Checkers 3000.
(b) The Checker Champion.
(c) The Ilium Challenger.
(d) Checker Charley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does each group represent at the parade at the bar in Homestead?
2. What team is Dr. Proteus captain of at the Meadows?
3. How much is the offer that Buck takes from Coach Roseberry?
4. What kind of people join the Army and the public works department?
5. In the sergeant's story, how does his unit defeat the enemy?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)