Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christy say his father did just before Christy struck him?
2. The people of Pegeen's village can be characterized as:
3. Christy tells the Widow Quin:
4. The character who is most unbending about his or her religious beliefs is:
5. Pegeen's village is located:
Consider the characters who act with caution and those who act upon impulse in the play. Write an essay in which you consider:
1) What effect do acts of caution and impulse have on the events of the play?
2) Which characters seem happier in the play: those who act with caution, or those who act upon impulse.
3) Which characters are portrayed as cautious and which are portrayed as impulsive. Why might the author portray them this way?
Be sure to use examples from the text to support your answer.
Synge's use of humor extends to every character in the play. Write an essay considering:
1) The effect of Synge's humor on the more serious events of the play.
2) Any humorous event or line of dialogue that directly affects the outcome of events in the play.
3) The influence of humor on the development of theme in the play.
Consider the motif of unknown and unseen dangers in The Playboy of The Western World. Write an essay in which you:
1) Examine the characters' various reactions to unknown and unseen dangers.
2) Examine the possible effects of the motif on the events of the play.
3) Consider the significance of the motif on the theme of the play.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)