Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christy say his father did just before Christy struck him?
2. The people of Pegeen's village can be characterized as:
3. Christy tells the Widow Quin:
4. The character who is most unbending about his or her religious beliefs is:
5. Pegeen's village is located:
Fathers play a prominent role in The Playboy of the Western World. In an essay:
1) Describe Pegeen's father as either successful or unsuccessful in raising and caring for his daughter.
2) Describe Old Mahon as either successful or unsuccessful in raising and caring for his son.
3) Identify the role Synge has created for fathers in his play.
Use examples from the text to support your essay.
Synge's use of humor extends to every character in the play. Write an essay considering:
1) The effect of Synge's humor on the more serious events of the play.
2) Any humorous event or line of dialogue that directly affects the outcome of events in the play.
3) The influence of humor on the development of theme in the play.
Consider the motifs of sanity and insanity in Synge's play. Then write an essay in which you explore a) The general sanity of the villagers; b) Synge's statement about sanity and insanity through the events of the play; or c) The insanity of any one character or situation in the play. Be sure to use examples from the text to support your arguement.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)