|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christy tells the girls and the Widow Quin that his father wanted him to:
(a) Move out.
(b) Marry an old, overweight, half blind, widow of ill repute.
(c) Plow his four acres of potatoes without a horse.
(d) Wed the young girl next door so that he would have a maid.
2. The term "whisht" in the character's dialect means:
(c) Stop talking.
3. How does Old Mahon describe Christy's personality?
(a) Foolish and timid.
(d) Hot tempered.
4. The conflict that appears in Act II is:
(a) Old Mahon shows up to take Christy back home.
(b) Christy can't decide whether he should tell Pegeen the truth.
(c) Pegeen and the Widow Quin are fighting over Christy.
(d) Pegeen cannot decide between Shawn and Christy.
5. Christy leaves Pegeen's house to go:
(a) Follow Old Mahon and finish him off.
(b) Find Michael Flaherty.
(c) To be blessed.
(d) Down to join in the races.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Christy comes out of the back room, the girls:
2. What does the mirror at the beginning of the scene symbolize?
3. The people of Pegeen's village can be characterized as:
4. Which character comes up with the idea of entering Christy into the races and games?
5. Who is "The Playboy of the Western World?"
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)