|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "The Playboy of the Western World?"
(a) Shaneen Keogh
(b) Christy Mahon
(c) Michael Flaherty
(d) Old Mahon
2. The majority of the characters' dialogues include:
(c) Fowl language.
(d) Blessing the Lord.
3. In what way does Christy demonstrate courage in Act II?
(a) He tells the Widow Quin to leave him alone.
(b) He strikes a beggar that is bothering Pegeen.
(c) He professes his love for Pegeen.
(d) He admits his crime to the police.
4. What is the most significant plot change in Act II?
(a) Christy receives a new coat from Shawn.
(b) Christy is arrested.
(c) The appearance of Old Mahon.
(d) The Widow Quin helping Shawn.
5. The motivation for sending the girls to meet Christy is:
(a) To bring him back to the Widow Quin's house.
(b) The hope that he will like one of them better than Pegeen.
(c) To ask if he really is a murderer.
(d) To spy on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character can be described as a character foil for Pegeen?
2. When the village girls arrive, they interrupt Christy as he is:
3. Christy leaves Pegeen's house to go:
4. The Widow Quin enters the scene and suggests that he tell all of them his story while:
5. Which character has the most at stake due to the appearance of Christy?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)