|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in the story seems to have the most self-doubt?
(c) Old Mahon.
2. Who is "The Playboy of the Western World?"
(a) Old Mahon
(b) Christy Mahon
(c) Michael Flaherty
(d) Shaneen Keogh
3. At the end of Act II, Christy is summoned by:
(b) The peelers.
(c) Father Reilly.
(d) The village girls.
4. Which character can be described as a character foil for Pegeen?
(b) James Flaherty.
(d) The Widow Quin.
5. When Pegeen warns Christy not to tell everybody of his crime or he might have to leave, he surprises her by:
(b) Saying that he made it all up.
(c) Telling her she is worrying needlessly.
(d) Speaking to her romantically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christy's reaction to his father?
2. Pegeen's village is located:
3. A literary term for Pegeen's warning to Christy about what will happen if he keeps telling his story is?
4. Pegeen punishes Christy for being friendly to the girls by:
5. Which character tells the village girls about Christy and sends them to meet him?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)