|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has the most at stake due to the appearance of Christy?
(b) The Widow Quin.
(d) Old Mahon.
2. Pegeen punishes Christy for being friendly to the girls by:
(a) Banishing him from her home.
(b) Telling the details of the hanging of a man who killed his da.
(c) Not speaking to him.
(d) Making him scrub the dishes.
3. Christy tells the girls and the Widow Quin that his father wanted him to:
(a) Move out.
(b) Plow his four acres of potatoes without a horse.
(c) Marry an old, overweight, half blind, widow of ill repute.
(d) Wed the young girl next door so that he would have a maid.
4. What does the Widow Quin suggest that Old Mahon do?
(a) Stay and rest for a few days.
(b) Follow Christy quickly before the tide comes in.
(c) Pray for him.
(d) Marry her.
5. Which character comes up with the idea of entering Christy into the races and games?
(b) Sara Tansey.
(c) Shawn Keogh
(d) The Widow Quin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the village girls come to meet Christy, the one item they do not bring him is?
2. When Christy and Pegeen talk about what their life might be like together, they are:
3. Which of the following would not be offered in trade for a favor by the characters in the play?
4. In what way does Christy demonstrate courage in Act II?
5. Christy's demeanor as he tells his story can be described as which of the following?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)