|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most significant plot change in Act II?
(a) Christy is arrested.
(b) The Widow Quin helping Shawn.
(c) The appearance of Old Mahon.
(d) Christy receives a new coat from Shawn.
2. What would the Widow Quin not have Christy do if he came to live with her?
(a) Build a goose house.
(c) Meet wise men.
3. Which character comes up with the idea of entering Christy into the races and games?
(a) Sara Tansey.
(b) Shawn Keogh
(d) The Widow Quin.
4. What is Pegeen's reaction when she enters her home to find the village girls toasting Christy and the Widow Quin?
(a) She is not pleased.
(b) She chases them out with a broom.
(c) She is thankful for their help.
(d) She tries to get them to take Christy with them.
5. Which character in the story seems to have the most self-doubt?
(b) Old Mahon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christy's demeanor as he tells his story can be described as which of the following?
2. What Christy offer the Widow Quin if she will help him win Pegeen?
3. Although Christy is not there when the girls enter the house, they know he has been there because they find his boots, which are:
4. Who is "The Playboy of the Western World?"
5. What does the mirror at the beginning of the scene symbolize?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)