|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in the story seems to have the most self-doubt?
(d) Old Mahon.
2. Why was Pegeen angry with Christy for speaking with the girls and the Widow Quin?
(a) She was afraid she would lose the bounty for his head.
(b) She was afraid they might hire him for more than she could pay.
(c) He wouldn't pretend to like her to make Shawn jealous.
(d) She was jealous.
3. What does Old Mahon insist the Widow Quin examine?
(a) His mind.
(b) His head.
(c) His hat.
(d) His son.
4. When the village girls arrive, they interrupt Christy as he is:
(b) Trying to escape.
(c) Admiring himself in a mirror.
5. At the end of Act II, Christy is summoned by:
(a) Father Reilly.
(b) The village girls.
(c) The peelers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Widow Quin tell Old Mahon that Christy is?
2. Although Christy is not there when the girls enter the house, they know he has been there because they find his boots, which are:
3. Which character tells the village girls about Christy and sends them to meet him?
4. The motivation for sending the girls to meet Christy is:
5. What does Christy see out the window just as he is about to join the races?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)