|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character comes up with the idea of entering Christy into the races and games?
(a) The Widow Quin.
(c) Shawn Keogh
(d) Sara Tansey.
2. Who is "The Playboy of the Western World?"
(a) Michael Flaherty
(b) Old Mahon
(c) Christy Mahon
(d) Shaneen Keogh
3. Why was Pegeen angry with Christy for speaking with the girls and the Widow Quin?
(a) He wouldn't pretend to like her to make Shawn jealous.
(b) She was afraid she would lose the bounty for his head.
(c) She was jealous.
(d) She was afraid they might hire him for more than she could pay.
4. Why has Old Mahon come to Pegeen's home?
(a) To beat his son and bring him home.
(b) To attend Pegeen's wedding.
(c) To apologize.
(d) To find a wife.
5. What do the girls from the village want from Christy?
(a) His money.
(b) To punish Pegeen.
(c) His advice.
(d) His attentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act II opens with Christy performing what activity?
2. Although Christy is not there when the girls enter the house, they know he has been there because they find his boots, which are:
3. Which character tells the village girls about Christy and sends them to meet him?
4. Which character in the story seems to have the most self-doubt?
5. When the village girls come to meet Christy, the one item they do not bring him is?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)