|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Act II opens, what is the time of day?
(a) High noon.
(b) Morning light.
(c) Afternoon tea time.
2. What does Christy see out the window just as he is about to join the races?
(a) Old Mahon.
(b) The peelers.
(c) Pegeen kissing Shawn.
(d) A black cloud.
3. What happens each time Christy tells his story?
(a) It becomes more dramatic.
(b) He cries.
(c) He adds more lies to it.
(d) Another village member wants to marry him.
4. What is poteen?
(a) Potato stew.
(b) Rancid wine.
(c) Illicit whiskey.
(d) Potato alcohol.
5. What do the girls from the village want from Christy?
(a) His money.
(b) His attentions.
(c) His advice.
(d) To punish Pegeen.
Short Answer Questions
1. The setting change from night in Act 1 to morning in Act II has an effect on what?
2. The people of Pegeen's village can be characterized as:
3. What is the mood in Act II?
4. Where does the Widow Quin tell Old Mahon that Christy is?
5. Which of the following would not be offered in trade for a favor by the characters in the play?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)