|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The majority of the characters' dialogues include:
(a) Fowl language.
(b) Blessing the Lord.
2. The term "whisht" in the character's dialect means:
(c) Stop talking.
3. When Pegeen rushes out to tend to her sheep crisis, what does Shawn offer to Christy to leave?
(a) His help.
(b) The Widow Quin.
(d) A bribe.
4. When Act II opens, what is the time of day?
(a) Morning light.
(c) High noon.
(d) Afternoon tea time.
5. Christy tells the girls and the Widow Quin that his father wanted him to:
(a) Marry an old, overweight, half blind, widow of ill repute.
(b) Plow his four acres of potatoes without a horse.
(c) Move out.
(d) Wed the young girl next door so that he would have a maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Mahon insist the Widow Quin examine?
2. What is Christy worried about after Old Mahon leaves?
3. The character who is most unbending about his or her religious beliefs is:
4. Which character comes up with the idea of entering Christy into the races and games?
5. Where is Christy in actuality while the Widow Quin is taking to Old Mahon?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)