|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character comes up with the idea of entering Christy into the races and games?
(a) Sara Tansey.
(c) Shawn Keogh
(d) The Widow Quin.
2. Why does Shawn say Christy and Pegeen don't suit each other?
(a) Pegeen is fickle.
(b) They are too much alike.
(c) They will be strangling each other in a score of days.
(d) Christy is too short.
3. A literary term for Pegeen's warning to Christy about what will happen if he keeps telling his story is?
4. Which character has the most at stake due to the appearance of Christy?
(c) The Widow Quin.
(d) Old Mahon.
5. Which of the following concepts best fit the play?
(b) Love scorned.
(c) Life or death situations.
(d) Good versus evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mood in Act II?
2. When Pegeen rushes out to tend to her sheep crisis, what does Shawn offer to Christy to leave?
3. Which character can be described as a character foil for Pegeen?
4. What is Christy's reaction to his father?
5. What happens each time Christy tells his story?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)