|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Christy is not there when the girls enter the house, they know he has been there because they find his boots, which are:
(a) Covered in mud, turf and sea sand.
(c) Still warm.
(d) Falling apart.
2. In what way does Christy demonstrate courage in Act II?
(a) He tells the Widow Quin to leave him alone.
(b) He admits his crime to the police.
(c) He strikes a beggar that is bothering Pegeen.
(d) He professes his love for Pegeen.
3. Where is Christy in actuality while the Widow Quin is taking to Old Mahon?
(a) At church.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) Down below at the races.
(d) Behind the door.
4. When Pegeen warns Christy not to tell everybody of his crime or he might have to leave, he surprises her by:
(a) Saying that he made it all up.
(b) Speaking to her romantically.
(d) Telling her she is worrying needlessly.
5. What does Old Mahon insist the Widow Quin examine?
(a) His head.
(b) His son.
(c) His hat.
(d) His mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Christy offer the Widow Quin if she will help him win Pegeen?
2. When Pegeen rushes out to tend to her sheep crisis, what does Shawn offer to Christy to leave?
3. What is Christy worried about after Old Mahon leaves?
4. What is poteen?
5. What does the mirror at the beginning of the scene symbolize?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)