|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A literary term for Pegeen's warning to Christy about what will happen if he keeps telling his story is?
2. Which character can be described as a character foil for Pegeen?
(a) The Widow Quin.
(b) James Flaherty.
3. The people of Pegeen's village can be characterized as:
(a) High society.
(b) Religious zealots.
(d) Devil worshippers.
4. Who is "The Playboy of the Western World?"
(a) Old Mahon
(b) Christy Mahon
(c) Shaneen Keogh
(d) Michael Flaherty
5. The setting change from night in Act 1 to morning in Act II has an effect on what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Christy tells Pegeen that he doesn't want to leave because:
2. The motivation for sending the girls to meet Christy is:
3. What is Pegeen's reaction when she enters her home to find the village girls toasting Christy and the Widow Quin?
4. How does Old Mahon describe Christy's personality?
5. The Widow Quin enters the scene and suggests that he tell all of them his story while:
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)