|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in the story seems to have the most self-doubt?
(b) Old Mahon.
2. The motivation for sending the girls to meet Christy is:
(a) To ask if he really is a murderer.
(b) To spy on him.
(c) To bring him back to the Widow Quin's house.
(d) The hope that he will like one of them better than Pegeen.
3. The conflict that appears in Act II is:
(a) Christy can't decide whether he should tell Pegeen the truth.
(b) Pegeen and the Widow Quin are fighting over Christy.
(c) Pegeen cannot decide between Shawn and Christy.
(d) Old Mahon shows up to take Christy back home.
4. When Act II opens, what is the time of day?
(a) High noon.
(c) Morning light.
(d) Afternoon tea time.
5. When Pegeen rushes out to tend to her sheep crisis, what does Shawn offer to Christy to leave?
(b) The Widow Quin.
(c) His help.
(d) A bribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christy's demeanor as he tells his story can be described as which of the following?
2. The Widow Quin enters the scene and suggests that he tell all of them his story while:
3. Why has Old Mahon come to Pegeen's home?
4. Pegeen punishes Christy for being friendly to the girls by:
5. Who is "The Playboy of the Western World?"
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)