|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character can be described as a character foil for Pegeen?
(a) James Flaherty.
(b) The Widow Quin.
2. The majority of the characters' dialogues include:
(a) Fowl language.
(b) Blessing the Lord.
3. Christy tells Pegeen that he doesn't want to leave because:
(a) He will be lonesome without her.
(b) His blistered feet still hurt.
(c) He is afraid to walk the streets alone.
(d) He is afraid Shawn will hurt her.
4. The setting change from night in Act 1 to morning in Act II has an effect on what?
5. What is Shawn's plan for Christy?
(a) To win the games.
(b) To go to America and forever leave Pegeen's life.
(c) To take Pegeen off his hands.
(d) To beat fear into him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Old Mahon describe Christy's personality?
2. What does the mirror at the beginning of the scene symbolize?
3. Why has Old Mahon come to Pegeen's home?
4. When Pegeen rushes out to tend to her sheep crisis, what does Shawn offer to Christy to leave?
5. The Widow Quin enters the scene and suggests that he tell all of them his story while:
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)