|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The conflict that appears in Act II is:
(a) Old Mahon shows up to take Christy back home.
(b) Christy can't decide whether he should tell Pegeen the truth.
(c) Pegeen cannot decide between Shawn and Christy.
(d) Pegeen and the Widow Quin are fighting over Christy.
2. Act II opens with Christy performing what activity?
(a) Polishing his boots.
(c) Polishing Pegeen's boots.
(d) Answering the door to a group of young women.
3. When Christy comes out of the back room, the girls:
(a) Condemn him for his lack of Godly morals.
(b) Tell him he should marry the Widow Quin.
(c) Welcome him and offer him food they have brought him.
(d) Scream and run away.
4. What does Christy say his father did just before Christy struck him?
(a) Grounded him.
(b) Swung a scythe at him.
(c) Cursed at him.
(d) Punched him.
5. In what way does Christy demonstrate courage in Act II?
(a) He strikes a beggar that is bothering Pegeen.
(b) He admits his crime to the police.
(c) He professes his love for Pegeen.
(d) He tells the Widow Quin to leave him alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has the most at stake due to the appearance of Christy?
2. Although Christy is not there when the girls enter the house, they know he has been there because they find his boots, which are:
3. Where does the Widow Quin tell Old Mahon that Christy is?
4. What does Old Mahon insist the Widow Quin examine?
5. Christy tells the Widow Quin:
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)