|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Pegeen angry with Christy for speaking with the girls and the Widow Quin?
(a) She was jealous.
(b) She was afraid they might hire him for more than she could pay.
(c) He wouldn't pretend to like her to make Shawn jealous.
(d) She was afraid she would lose the bounty for his head.
2. What does the Widow Quin suggest that Old Mahon do?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Stay and rest for a few days.
(d) Follow Christy quickly before the tide comes in.
3. When Pegeen warns Christy not to tell everybody of his crime or he might have to leave, he surprises her by:
(a) Speaking to her romantically.
(c) Telling her she is worrying needlessly.
(d) Saying that he made it all up.
4. What is Shawn's plan for Christy?
(a) To win the games.
(b) To beat fear into him.
(c) To go to America and forever leave Pegeen's life.
(d) To take Pegeen off his hands.
5. Which of the following characters could be described as the most impulsive?
(a) Old Mahon
(b) Shawn Keogh
(c) Christy Mahon
(d) The Widow Quin
Short Answer Questions
1. Act II opens with Christy performing what activity?
2. What Christy offer the Widow Quin if she will help him win Pegeen?
3. Why has Old Mahon come to Pegeen's home?
4. Christy's demeanor as he tells his story can be described as which of the following?
5. What do the girls from the village want from Christy?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)