|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mood in Act II?
2. What is Shawn's plan for Christy?
(a) To go to America and forever leave Pegeen's life.
(b) To beat fear into him.
(c) To take Pegeen off his hands.
(d) To win the games.
3. Why has Old Mahon come to Pegeen's home?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To attend Pegeen's wedding.
(c) To beat his son and bring him home.
(d) To apologize.
4. The conflict that appears in Act II is:
(a) Christy can't decide whether he should tell Pegeen the truth.
(b) Old Mahon shows up to take Christy back home.
(c) Pegeen and the Widow Quin are fighting over Christy.
(d) Pegeen cannot decide between Shawn and Christy.
5. Where is Christy in actuality while the Widow Quin is taking to Old Mahon?
(a) Down below at the races.
(b) At church.
(c) Behind the door.
(d) Under the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the story seems to have the most self-doubt?
2. What does Christy say his father did just before Christy struck him?
3. What is Christy's reaction to his father?
4. The Widow Quin enters the scene and suggests that he tell all of them his story while:
5. When Christy and Pegeen talk about what their life might be like together, they are:
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)