|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Widow Quin suggest that Old Mahon do?
(a) Follow Christy quickly before the tide comes in.
(b) Pray for him.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Stay and rest for a few days.
2. Who is "The Playboy of the Western World?"
(a) Shaneen Keogh
(b) Christy Mahon
(c) Old Mahon
(d) Michael Flaherty
3. A literary term for Pegeen's warning to Christy about what will happen if he keeps telling his story is?
4. Which character has the most at stake due to the appearance of Christy?
(b) The Widow Quin.
(c) Old Mahon.
5. What is the most significant plot change in Act II?
(a) The appearance of Old Mahon.
(b) Christy receives a new coat from Shawn.
(c) The Widow Quin helping Shawn.
(d) Christy is arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character comes up with the idea of entering Christy into the races and games?
2. The Widow Quin enters the scene and suggests that he tell all of them his story while:
3. What is the mood in Act II?
4. The conflict that appears in Act II is:
5. What is Pegeen's reaction when she enters her home to find the village girls toasting Christy and the Widow Quin?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)