|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Christy worried about after Old Mahon leaves?
(a) That Old Mahon will return for him.
(b) That he will be turned in to the police.
(c) That he will be late for the games.
(d) What Pegeen will think of him when she hears the story.
2. During the girls' discussion of the boots, Sara Tansey:
(a) Flings the door open and threatens to shoot Christy.
(b) Suggests they wait for Pegeen to return.
(c) Makes coffee.
(d) Tries the boots on and considers keeping them.
3. When the village girls arrive, they interrupt Christy as he is:
(a) Trying to escape.
(d) Admiring himself in a mirror.
4. Which of the following concepts best fit the play?
(b) Life or death situations.
(c) Love scorned.
(d) Good versus evil.
5. What does the Widow Quin suggest that Old Mahon do?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) Stay and rest for a few days.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Follow Christy quickly before the tide comes in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens each time Christy tells his story?
2. What is Pegeen's reaction when she enters her home to find the village girls toasting Christy and the Widow Quin?
3. In what way does Christy demonstrate courage in Act II?
4. Which character has the most at stake due to the appearance of Christy?
5. When Pegeen warns Christy not to tell everybody of his crime or he might have to leave, he surprises her by:
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)