|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "The Playboy of the Western World?"
(a) Michael Flaherty
(b) Old Mahon
(c) Christy Mahon
(d) Shaneen Keogh
2. Christy's demeanor as he tells his story can be described as which of the following?
3. Why does Shawn say Christy and Pegeen don't suit each other?
(a) Christy is too short.
(b) Pegeen is fickle.
(c) They will be strangling each other in a score of days.
(d) They are too much alike.
4. Why has Old Mahon come to Pegeen's home?
(a) To beat his son and bring him home.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To apologize.
(d) To attend Pegeen's wedding.
5. Although Christy is not there when the girls enter the house, they know he has been there because they find his boots, which are:
(a) Covered in mud, turf and sea sand.
(b) Still warm.
(d) Falling apart.
Short Answer Questions
1. The villagers seem very religious, yet they treat Christy with:
2. Which character tells the village girls about Christy and sends them to meet him?
3. Where is Christy in actuality while the Widow Quin is taking to Old Mahon?
4. What would the Widow Quin not have Christy do if he came to live with her?
5. When Christy and Pegeen talk about what their life might be like together, they are:
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)