|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character tells the village girls about Christy and sends them to meet him?
(a) The Widow Quin.
(c) Father Reilly.
2. When Act II opens, what is the time of day?
(a) High noon.
(b) Afternoon tea time.
(d) Morning light.
3. When Pegeen rushes out to tend to her sheep crisis, what does Shawn offer to Christy to leave?
(a) A bribe.
(c) His help.
(d) The Widow Quin.
4. What is Christy's reaction to his father?
(a) Embarrassed about not doing a good job.
(b) Angry that he pretended to be dead.
(c) Afraid that he will be punished by God.
(d) Guilty for hurting him.
5. What is poteen?
(a) Potato alcohol.
(b) Potato stew.
(c) Illicit whiskey.
(d) Rancid wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. The setting change from night in Act 1 to morning in Act II has an effect on what?
2. What is Christy worried about after Old Mahon leaves?
3. Which of the following characters could be described as the most impulsive?
4. Why does Shawn say Christy and Pegeen don't suit each other?
5. Which of the following concepts best fit the play?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)