|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The majority of the characters' dialogues include:
(a) Fowl language.
(d) Blessing the Lord.
2. Christy leaves Pegeen's house to go:
(a) Down to join in the races.
(b) Follow Old Mahon and finish him off.
(c) To be blessed.
(d) Find Michael Flaherty.
3. Which character can be described as a character foil for Pegeen?
(b) The Widow Quin.
(c) James Flaherty.
4. When the village girls come to meet Christy, the one item they do not bring him is?
(d) Duck eggs.
5. Why has Old Mahon come to Pegeen's home?
(a) To attend Pegeen's wedding.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To apologize.
(d) To beat his son and bring him home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "The Playboy of the Western World?"
2. At the end of Act II, Christy is summoned by:
3. What is Shawn's plan for Christy?
4. When Act II opens, what is the time of day?
5. Which character in the story seems to have the most self-doubt?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)