|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the girls' discussion of the boots, Sara Tansey:
(a) Tries the boots on and considers keeping them.
(b) Suggests they wait for Pegeen to return.
(c) Flings the door open and threatens to shoot Christy.
(d) Makes coffee.
2. Who is "The Playboy of the Western World?"
(a) Michael Flaherty
(b) Shaneen Keogh
(c) Christy Mahon
(d) Old Mahon
3. When Christy comes out of the back room, the girls:
(a) Tell him he should marry the Widow Quin.
(b) Condemn him for his lack of Godly morals.
(c) Welcome him and offer him food they have brought him.
(d) Scream and run away.
4. Christy tells the Widow Quin:
(a) He only has love for Pegeen.
(b) He will think about it.
(c) She is too old for him.
(d) He negotiates for more gifts.
5. When Act II opens, what is the time of day?
(b) Morning light.
(c) High noon.
(d) Afternoon tea time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has the most at stake due to the appearance of Christy?
2. Where does the Widow Quin tell Old Mahon that Christy is?
3. The Widow Quin enters the scene and suggests that he tell all of them his story while:
4. What does Old Mahon insist the Widow Quin examine?
5. The villagers seem very religious, yet they treat Christy with:
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)