|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Christy worried about after Old Mahon leaves?
(a) That he will be late for the games.
(b) That Old Mahon will return for him.
(c) That he will be turned in to the police.
(d) What Pegeen will think of him when she hears the story.
2. What does the mirror at the beginning of the scene symbolize?
(a) Christy's vanity.
(b) Christy's two-faced personality.
(c) Christy's habit of always looking back.
(d) Christy's reflective personality.
3. What is the mood in Act II?
4. Christy tells the girls and the Widow Quin that his father wanted him to:
(a) Plow his four acres of potatoes without a horse.
(b) Marry an old, overweight, half blind, widow of ill repute.
(c) Move out.
(d) Wed the young girl next door so that he would have a maid.
5. Pegeen's village is located:
(a) In the desert.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) On the coast.
(d) In a valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people of Pegeen's village can be characterized as:
2. The motivation for sending the girls to meet Christy is:
3. When Act II opens, what is the time of day?
4. The term "whisht" in the character's dialect means:
5. Why does Shawn say Christy and Pegeen don't suit each other?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)